Eod Strikes already garbaged

5 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

oh yeah this game will thrive much like this.. look at rev forum, all ppl happy with the spec lmao.

i know im not good enough to fractal T4, to raid, to play "vindcator",. to do strike.

what do you even mean by that lol.

You're making a pretty big drama just because you can't play the class....no big deal. Either practice it a bit or just play something else 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sarius.9285 said:

what do you even mean by that lol.

You're making a pretty big drama just because you can't play the class....no big deal. Either practice it a bit or just play something else 

lol u guys that are replying me, because i stand: the entire strikes thing, is a garbage. lets wait and see how things will become on next months, i will return here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I found it easier to get into the old strikers than this one. In the eotn I have never been kicked for not knowing or having done the strikes. So far I dont have that luck with the eod strike for the turtle. Got kicked out of all for not having done it.. So far this is not bringing players more together for me 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

lol u guys that are replying me, because i stand: the entire strikes thing, is a garbage. lets wait and see how things will become on next months, i will return here.

you can't even give good arguments why they're bad lmao...You complain about how bad your DPS is and that the strike bosses get introduced in the story playthrough, which is in fact perfect game design

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sarius.9285 said:

you can't even give good arguments why they're bad lmao...You complain about how bad your DPS is and that the strike bosses get introduced in the story playthrough, which is in fact perfect game design

"perfect". chep u mean. these guys are on budget mode because raids wanst earning enough. u aren't of these guys that find DRM's amazing? u are?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

first thats why i complaned about Vindicator, they launch new content, new specs, but this specs needs be carried in the content they becaus is low DPS.

Nope, that's false and you know it since you have a video proof above. Its dps is easly fine for a dps role.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

its low dps. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gItQj2jezkc

How is this "low dps"?

10 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i dont care about "objectively wrong"

Clearly, but it doesn't make what you've said any less "objectively wrong". 😄 

Anyways if all you're planning to do here is cover your ears to avoid the facts, then you do you. You know you're wrong here anyways (and that's why you "don't care about proof", since you understand the facts aren't on your side), good luck with this approach.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How is this "low dps"?

He's hopefully a troll. This thread has been a treat while waiting for some events for collections. :classic_laugh:

But yeah, Vindicator has to give up dodging for damage and has no group utility and poor break bar damage (outside Jade Wind which is really expensive to use). So 37000 at the large Golem is really not impressing anyone. It has an insane stun break though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i know im not good enough to fractal T4, to raid, to play "vindcator",. to do strike.

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the entire strikes thing, is a garbage

Either the strikes are garbage or your gameplay is garbage. And from personal experience (and what I've read here), it's not the strikes.

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

im really a lazy person

And there it is. You think that vindicator is bad because you're too lazy to learn the class. Just admit it to yourself next time before acting like a petulant child and embarrassing yourself.

Seriously mate all you have to do is just make your own kitten group. You're throwing a massive hissy fit just because the game isn't going the way you want it. I'm assuming you're an adult, in which case you should know by now that not everything goes the way you want it to.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Desh.7028 said:

He's hopefully a troll. This thread has been a treat while waiting for some events for collections. :classic_laugh:

But yeah, Vindicator has to give up dodging for damage and has no group utility and poor break bar damage (outside Jade Wind which is really expensive to use). So 37000 at the large Golem is really not impressing anyone. It has an insane stun break though.

For me vindicator is super fun :d but the only thing i miss (only for pve) mayyybe an extra 1 or 2k buff for benchmark to be in line with the most power specs at the moment (to go from 35k to 37k on SMALL hitbox). Other than that its rly good spec with an amazing burst 

• Confused 2

Does anyone known which/if any content is locked behind EoD strikes, apart from Turtle mount, Living Water weapon skins and new Ascended trinkets? After trying to complete Harvest Temple and failing spectacularly on several levels (with the actual failure of the mission ironically being the least problem) I decided to give up on Strikes and would like to know what unique content I'm missing on. Thanks in advance.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

For me vindicator is super fun

Didn't say it wasn't. It plays quite differently from Renegade and the feeling for some of the moves is very nice. But it's pure damage with zero extras and no dodge, so while it could be someone's pet spec (and if played well it's probably better than some rando on something random) the tuning should be somewhere around 40-42k at the small golem for it to be in the realms of good- otherwise you'd run into the issue where strictly better options can be easily found. Margin of error is also a lot higher since your optimal output is already not competitive.

It's good enough for all current EoD content though if played well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Desh.7028 said:

Didn't say it wasn't. It plays quite differently from Renegade and the feeling for some of the moves is very nice. But it's pure damage with zero extras and no dodge, so while it could be someone's pet spec (and if played well it's probably better than some rando on something random) the tuning should be somewhere around 40-42k at the small golem for it to be in the realms of good- otherwise you'd run into the issue where strictly better options can be easily found. Margin of error is also a lot higher since your optimal output is already not competitive.

It's good enough for all current EoD content though if played well.

My only hope they will fix the benchmark earlier than the balance patch they were planning to do on summer. I mean you are not wrong cuz if u look at the top benchmarks rn vindicator is nowhere even close too 😞

1 hour ago, Kitai.9480 said:

Does anyone known which/if any content is locked behind EoD strikes, apart from Turtle mount, Living Water weapon skins and new Ascended trinkets? After trying to complete Harvest Temple and failing spectacularly on several levels (with the actual failure of the mission ironically being the least problem) I decided to give up on Strikes and would like to know what unique content I'm missing on. Thanks in advance.

You also will lose out on 1 Antique Summoning Stone a week due to loss of access to shards.
You will lose out on mystic coins as they shifted it into strikes with the expansion.
You will also lose out on several account bound items that allow for Jade Bot upgrades including the one that boosts Glide Height

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Strikes are just another bad idea before it gets abandoned. It'll happen eventually. It's a promise.

Actually it all depends on reward. GW2 or in general MMO players don't know how to play for fun. It was really shocking to me when I started playing MMO from different type of game that forum was full of chasing rewards.

I mean people run around going through map to harvest stuff to make gold over and over and over. I am not sure who finds it fun but people do it if there is decent gold in it.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

Actually it all depends on reward. GW2 or in general MMO players don't know how to play for fun. It was really shocking to me when I started playing MMO from different type of game that forum was full of chasing rewards.

I mean people run around going through map to harvest stuff to make gold over and over and over. I am not sure who finds it fun but people do it if there is decent gold in it.

I don't think any reward is going to make me think strikes are good. A strike in EoD is literally redoing a story mission boss but now you have 10 players blaming each other for failures and saying 'gg' when they eventually succeed. It's like taking a raid and removing all the good parts because you believed they were bad and what you have left is a wafting lingering smell of something 'raidish'.

• Confused 2

Way I see it Guild Wars 2 has always had an issue with instanced content and elitism
Back in the days it was dungeons and needing to be a beserker warrior or get kicked as that reducing farming rates.
Then it became storied instances in Living World stuff. I remember a lot of grumblings about  Molten Legion/Aetherblade dungeons
Then raids came out and it got super bad as now not only did you have super hardcore content but both story and later legendary armor were locked behind it. So an entire community can lock a player out of that.
And strikes are just the newest version of that. The elitism will kick in and then the content will die.

Because the issue was never the content. It was the behaviours around it.
Have the content, just make it so players can earn anything in it but via doing other content or buying off the players who do that content.

Edited by Laken.9018
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1