Update beastmastery traitline please

Halbarz.3854

I am no expert on the traits but could we please get the beasmastery traits updated to reflect the current available elite specs? 

For example: 
- Natural Healing: Update the trait that when playing untamed, that both the pet and the player heal but reduced by 50% (since you are sharing)

- Two Handed training: Include the staff and Hammer into this trait. While the staff would get a lot of recharge reduction as it also has Primal echoes (druid traitline)  it could create some interesting builds.

- Zephyr's speed: Update it so that when unleashing you trigger this trait and for druids when leaving celestial form. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Halbarz.3854 said:

- Natural Healing: Update the trait that when playing untamed, that both the pet and the player heal but reduced by 50% (since you are sharing)

That doesn't seems very intuitive. With Soulbeast it's easier to understand since you just get the traits instead of the pet, while with Untamed it seems kinda random.

- Two Handed training: Include the staff and Hammer into this trait. While the staff would get a lot of recharge reduction as it also has Primal echoes (druid traitline)  it could create some interesting builds.

I don't think they would combine CD reduction effects or include Elite spec weapons outside of Elite traits and the trait itself has global effect (Fury).

- Zephyr's speed: Update it so that when unleashing you trigger this trait and for druids when leaving celestial form. 

I don't really see why would they add another way to trigger it while you can already do it easily. (Not that I like this trait, Honed Axes +120/240 Ferocity is way better and simpler.)

Aside from the F2 skill traits I don't think this line really needs any changes.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

That doesn't seems very intuitive. With Soulbeast it's easier to understand since you just get the traits instead of the pet, while with Untamed it seems kinda random.

I don't think they would combine CD reduction effects or include Elite spec weapons outside of Elite traits and the trait itself has global effect (Fury).

I don't really see why would they add another way to trigger it while you can already do it easily. (Not that I like this trait, Honed Axes +120/240 Ferocity is way better and simpler.)

Aside from the F2 skill traits I don't think this line really needs any changes.

The main reason for the request, even though that the suggestions might not be solid it is that I miss the opportunity to play around with my class. In my personal opinion a lot of the core traits are not aligned anymore with the elite specs this resulting into 1 build per elite spec that is valid. With updated core traits, I think it could open up the ranger class to a lot more possibilities.

9 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

There's a reason everyone runs 3-2-3, and it isn't because BM traitline needs 'no changes'.  

The argument for 2H training makes little sense as well, since dagger is a specialization weapon and...it has a trait affecting it in Wilderness Survival.  Also, before we go down the path, no I don't care if it 'existed as OH for core' before SB, it's something they either need to normalize with 2H training or something they need to get rid of.  They also literally 'crossed the streams' with a lot of Soulbeast F3's triggering beast skills (i.e. both pet F2 and SB F3  trigger)...so there's that.  

The GMS for BM need fixing badly as well.  I don't want them nerfing Honed Axes to 'fix' it either.

They can start by lining Zephyrs Speed up with Soulbeast merge timer so you don't have to count 5 seconds in your head every time you merge/unmerge.  Agree it also needs to be tuned for druid, because there is really no set timer for Astral Force to fill (because hitting random wildlife to fill it initally is SO fun); so I like gaining on exit, as that's when you are most likely to be on the offensive again (i.e. actually using the quickness).

Need to also make Taunt do something or remove it from the game, as it probably is the single most useless condition there is.  Not only is it literally 1s delayed for some ridiculous reason, half of the time it doesn't even work.  Best case I found of this is in WvW, if you taunt a Yak, it just keeps running---great.

Also...Natural Healing.  For the love of--just do something with this thing, please.  I'd just put it back to every second, to help with fighting condi ticks.  With every 3s it's in the trash fire with the lovely 300CD traits that exist.  I wouldn't split it for Untamed though, as Untamed is useless enough already and penalties are bad bad--which is why they got rid of the damage penalty in the first beta.   

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The argument for 2H training makes little sense as well

The fact that there are still 2 CD reduction traits on one weapon still stand.

They can start by lining Zephyrs Speed up with Soulbeast merge timer

Or they could start with making it useful.

Need to also make Taunt do something or remove it from the game

As I said, all f2 traits need change.

I'd just put it back to every second, to help with fighting condi ticks.  With every 3s it's in the trash fire with the lovely 300CD traits that exist. 

One: they changed it to 3s for the exact reason you want to undo it. Two: it's not even close to lesser stone lvl of bad.

There is really no reason to touch it over other traits (f2).

I'd actually like for Two-Handed to work with hammer too. The stun bonus synergizes well with it on paper but I always feel like I am only taking half a trait if I am not doubling up on melee with a greatsword, which I don't usually like to do because sometimes you just need a little range. 

Doesn't need staff though. Staff has its own cooldown reduction trait. Besides, you don't exactly use a ranger staff the same way you do the actual melee two-handers. Staff is more like a weird crossbow if I had to compare it to anything.

• Like 1

Beastmastery is fine as it is. Works great with any ranger spec and many different builds. The traits are all solid and usable with the right build. Non of the proposed changes would open up more build diversity or "fix" anything.

Generally core ranger traitlines are all pretty decent and not what's holding the class back in competitive enviroments, nor when it comes to build diverstity which isn't too bad for ranger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

The fact that there are still 2 CD reduction traits on one weapon still stand.

Sure, but what happens if you take Quickdraw, Fervent Force, 2H Training, and use Greatsword? That's a lot of CD reduction traits to begin with--so the potential is already there.

18 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Beastmastery is fine as it is. Works great with any ranger spec and many different builds. The traits are all solid and usable with the right build. Non of the proposed changes would open up more build diversity or "fix" anything.

Generally core ranger traitlines are all pretty decent and not what's holding the class back in competitive enviroments, nor when it comes to build diverstity which isn't too bad for ranger.

If there was ever a way to say 'I don't play ranger' without saying it--this would be it 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If there was ever a way to say 'I don't play ranger' without saying it--this would be it 👍

Ye, i guess several thousand hours of ranger gameplay are not enough ...

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907

I’d rather see an update to skirmishing line, than beastmastery, butttt….

It would be nice if zephyr speed was reduced to 10s to line up with soulbeast merge and I would also like to see Go for the eyes lose its cooldown and have beast abilities inflict blind on targets struck similar to how wilting strikes inflict weakness on those struck.

• Like 1