LWS3 E6 - Shining Blade Secrets Achievements

Faridah.8431

I seem to be at a loss. I've been working through the Return To stuff before going over to EOD. That has included doing achievements and full completes of each episode. But I am a bit stuck with this one.

How does one get the Fearless achievement when fighting the Manifestation of Self-Doubt? I've tried so many times and can't seem to get the hang of how this works given my skills recharge goes way up to the point of absurdity where you can't even auto attack. Heals get to be too long, and there are periods where I seem to do 0 damage. 
I seem to be missing something here.

Also, does anyone have any tips for doing the Henge of Denravi part for 5 minutes? Highest I seem to get is around 3 when I get one hit killed by something, not really sure what.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You are aware you don't need those things for the 'Return to...' achievements?

Otherwise, you could check the Wiki for tips.

Good luck.

Yep, like I said, just been working on each episodes mastery while I was at it. Looks like One Path Ends need 36 achievements. I think I am at 25. Will have to look tonight.

the 5 minutes one u can cheesy easy with necro minion (reaper + death + vampire).

the other one is painful u must skip it,or check a video-guide. some ppl cheese with reaper minion. its very slow.

basically necromancer is the "cheesy" class for hard achievments.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the 5 minutes one u can cheesy easy with necro minion (reaper + death + vampire).

the other one is painful u must skip it,or check a video-guide. some ppl cheese with reaper minion. its very slow.

basically necromancer is the "cheesy" class for hard achievments.

OK, will take a look at that, thank you!

I did the same when I went through return-to, it's so satisfying having them all ticked off 🙂

Fearless is a tricky one and took me a few tries too and requires a bit of patience. Apparently once you get to 25 stacks of guilt, you'll start gaining Alacrity which helps with the massive cooldowns, though I could never survive long enough to get to that point myself. 😅

How I completed it was I brought a condition damage build and put a lot of CC on my utility bar. Condi builds seem to work really well because the damage continues ticking for a little without you hitting it again and the condi ticks don't keep triggering the damage reduction stacks, just the initial hit.

- Go in, break the bar with as few hits as possible (I used Firebrand for this fight so I'll put skill examples because I see your forum avi is a DH.) Break the bar with Tome 1, Skill 3 and Axe 3. I had Hammer of Justice and Sanctuary on my utility bar saved for the 2nd bar

- Once the bar is broken he won't gain stacks of the damage reduction for a short amount of time, so get in as many hits as you can without using the 2 saved CC skills on your utility bar or using the other 2 CC skills if they come off cooldown.

- Keep an eye on his boons and as soon as he starts gaining damage reduction again, stop hitting him and just kite him around the arena for a while, letting the stacks drop to nothing and your condi's tick away on him.

- When he gains a CC bar again, do the same thing, but using Hammer of Justice/Sanctuary to break the bar.

- Get in as much damage as you can without using Axe 3/Tome 1, Skill 3.

- If he's still alive, repeat again, kite him around and CC once the breakbar is up again, using the two skills above to break it and he should be dead!

Other things that could help (Something I didn't think of at the time, but would have made it much easier if I'd thought of it xD) Mantra of Lore on your utility bar for extra regeneration if needed. Regeneration food (Mango Pie is a cheap one) and if you've got any boosters saved from levelling alts, I'm sure the Speed Booster/Armor Booster/Rejuvination Booster/Strength Booster would be really useful here, especially for the Henge of Denravi achieve.

I didn't find the survive one too bad, just make sure you disengage if you are getting low on health and head to the edges to heal up if you need to before heading back in. Regen food would probably help here too. I found it much easier to keep moving and just kite them around the outside of the area, rather than stay in the center!

I hope this helps a little bit, good luck with it! ❤️ I just wanted to mention too, LS3 has a few hidden achievements, you can find them on the wiki or through GW2 efficiency if you wanted 100% completion! A few of them are time-gated by some daily things, so worth looking into 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Gwylen.3462 said:

I did the same when I went through return-to, it's so satisfying having them all ticked off 🙂

Fearless is a tricky one and took me a few tries too and requires a bit of patience. Apparently once you get to 25 stacks of guilt, you'll start gaining Alacrity which helps with the massive cooldowns, though I could never survive long enough to get to that point myself. 😅

How I completed it was I brought a condition damage build and put a lot of CC on my utility bar. Condi builds seem to work really well because the damage continues ticking for a little without you hitting it again and the condi ticks don't keep triggering the damage reduction stacks, just the initial hit.

- Go in, break the bar with as few hits as possible (I used Firebrand for this fight so I'll put skill examples because I see your forum avi is a DH.) Break the bar with Tome 1, Skill 3 and Axe 3. I had Hammer of Justice and Sanctuary on my utility bar saved for the 2nd bar

- Once the bar is broken he won't gain stacks of the damage reduction for a short amount of time, so get in as many hits as you can without using the 2 saved CC skills on your utility bar or using the other 2 CC skills if they come off cooldown.

- Keep an eye on his boons and as soon as he starts gaining damage reduction again, stop hitting him and just kite him around the arena for a while, letting the stacks drop to nothing and your condi's tick away on him.

- When he gains a CC bar again, do the same thing, but using Hammer of Justice/Sanctuary to break the bar.

- Get in as much damage as you can without using Axe 3/Tome 1, Skill 3.

- If he's still alive, repeat again, kite him around and CC once the breakbar is up again, using the two skills above to break it and he should be dead!

Other things that could help (Something I didn't think of at the time, but would have made it much easier if I'd thought of it xD) Mantra of Lore on your utility bar for extra regeneration if needed. Regeneration food (Mango Pie is a cheap one) and if you've got any boosters saved from levelling alts, I'm sure the Speed Booster/Armor Booster/Rejuvination Booster/Strength Booster would be really useful here, especially for the Henge of Denravi achieve.

I didn't find the survive one too bad, just make sure you disengage if you are getting low on health and head to the edges to heal up if you need to before heading back in. Regen food would probably help here too. I found it much easier to keep moving and just kite them around the outside of the area, rather than stay in the center!

I hope this helps a little bit, good luck with it! ❤️ I just wanted to mention too, LS3 has a few hidden achievements, you can find them on the wiki or through GW2 efficiency if you wanted 100% completion! A few of them are time-gated by some daily things, so worth looking into 😄

As a DH, this is extremely helpful, thank you! I'm not used to playing FB, but I'll give that a shot!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

freaking deep sheet is constantly healing and im so bad i can't deal enough damages nor CC
...this fight is awful, i tried calling for help and my teammates where left behind in divinity reach.

i guess i'll just use the intended mechanic and never bother with this piece of cr-achiev

• Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

How does one get the Fearless achievement when fighting the Manifestation of Self-Doubt?

CC. I did it on a Berserker warrior with Headbutt and other CC skills.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

Also, does anyone have any tips for doing the Henge of Denravi part for 5 minutes?

Necromancer, either with Shades or Minions. And stay back, try not to aggro too many enemies, and use the environment to hide. (I'm sure a stealth thief could work here, too.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...