i found my home: Willbender

ugrakarma.9416

I always prefered heavier, my main was warrior, but the spec get trashed in last years.

the new one made it worse, i detest replace your weapon mechanics.

I tried Vidicator, its feels slow/underhelming.

Then i had Burn Core Guardian, i swaped zeal for willbender. By Gods, its all i wanted!.

A very offensive, intense combat like.

My Core Burn Guard used a mix of Rabid/Dire gear so survival inst a issue.

Also  i dont "feel" underperforming DPS, with spam of atacks u build lots of burn ticks(i have 100% uptime).

I hope Anet don't trash it, and don't heard weird ideas to make it "support" or any hybrid garbage. 

I can with regular pack of EoD mobs like 5 more, spamming burn.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I too have found myself preferring to play condi willbender in pve than fb or dh. The dps rotation is easier and more satisfying and I've also enjoyed the mobility when doing the eod strikes and meta. Being able to dodge and then use f2 and then use f3 to get back to dps makes me feel baller. I only wish it performed better on its alac build and I wish it performed at all in pvp.

Edited by Kuya.6495

58 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I too have found myself preferring to play condi willbender in pve than fb or dh. The dps rotation is easier and more satisfying and I've also enjoyed the mobility when doing the eod strikes and meta. Being able to dodge and then use f2 and then use f3 to get back to dps makes me feel baller. I only wish it performed better on its alac build and I wish it performed at all in pvp.

Exactly this, i did strikes too.

Pve open world is smooth with Willbender, without become boring(like playing minion reaper).

On 3/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I always prefered heavier, my main was warrior, but the spec get trashed in last years.

Then i had Burn Core Guardian, i swaped zeal for willbender. By Gods, its all i wanted!.

Also  i dont "feel" underperforming DPS, with spam of atacks u build lots of burn ticks(i have 100% uptime).

I hope Anet don't trash it, and don't heard weird ideas to make it "support" or any hybrid garbage. 

Have a build you can link? thanks

On 3/10/2022 at 7:13 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

oh my gosh. Its like im talking to myself!!!!!!

I felt exactly and did exactly what you did (except for gear). Im so happy to see that im not alone in this mindless bashing!!

Im running Viper/Sinister because i want some power damage too, since a lot of weapons skills doesn't have burning, but im also thinking on making  a Celestial Willbender for Solo OW and WvW. 

Besides the "running through bosses" bug that sometimes happens with F1, Bender is what i always wanted on a Guard. Could be better? Of course, but im already happy with the toy i got to play

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

oh my gosh. Its like im talking to myself!!!!!!

I felt exactly and did exactly what you did (except for gear). Im so happy to see that im not alone in this mindless bashing!!

Im running Viper/Sinister because i want some power damage too, since a lot of weapons skills doesn't have burning, but im also thinking on making  a Celestial Willbender for Solo OW and WvW. 

Besides the "running through bosses" bug that sometimes happens with F1, Bender is what i always wanted on a Guard. Could be better? Of course, but im already happy with the toy i got to play

My alt is also a Balthazar Cosplay, so the "agressive" moveset with flames around fit PERFECT.

One of my old complaints about GW2 is how is hard here make thematic character that fit the whole thing(skills, spec, armor/look, moviment, and near meta or meta, without being see a "niche build").

About power yeah, these sites about metrics classify the power+condi WillBender like 3rd best DPS.

1 hour ago, Eliam.3716 said:

Have a build you can link? thanks

yes Sir.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWTAElVw6YqsKWLWyWXxSA-zxQYsogDjH0ZYkUAhJgzA-e

The weapon is very flexible choice, if u dont like GS. since this build is pure condi, its rely on hit to build burn ticks, so weapons doesnt really matter much. for ranged u can go scepter+torch.

Notice that trinkets  are mixed to build extra vitality and a minimum 35% of critical chance.

With all that thougness, u chessy Open World content easily in DE, and more fun, more mobs=more hits, so more burn ticks. is good for farming too because the burn is AoE, so yeah this build help u even to fill the pockets of gold.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2

Yesterday started (after the betas) to try the WB with  burn based builds similar to the ones you link, mostly playing in maps from the living seaons, HoT and PoF.

I noticed that the damage output was good, but I had two problems:

1) Lacking in sustain. Despite running either full trailblazer or full celestial or a mix of condi gear, with either Shelter or Litany, the 30s cooldown of the health and lack of other sustain sources made the fights very risky. Those builds are also a bit lacking in terms of stability and cleanses, so the burst I landed was good but oftenly interrupted and in a lot of fights I was close to downstate...  or even ended in a death. Talking mostly about HoT HPs stuff. On the other hand, getting traitlines to reduce the cooldowns of Shelter or Litany would lead to weaker damage...

2) Didn't test the elite, but overall WB seems a bit lacking in tools to deal with defiance bars, and that seems to be a notable handicap. Breaking bars are not only useful to prevent bosses from using dangerous attacks, but also the stuns after getting them down opens a window for maximizing the burst damage from fire at low risk. And I had hard time trying to take down those blue bars...

9 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Yesterday started (after the betas) to try the WB with  burn based builds similar to the ones you link, mostly playing in maps from the living seaons, HoT and PoF.

1) Lacking in sustain. Despite running either full trailblazer or full celestial or a mix of condi gear, with either Shelter or Litany, the 30s cooldown of the health and lack of other sustain sources made the fights very risky. Those builds are also a bit lacking in terms of stability and cleanses, so the burst I landed was good but oftenly interrupted and in a lot of fights I was close to downstate...  or even ended in a death. Talking mostly about HoT HPs stuff. On the other hand, getting traitlines to reduce the cooldowns of Shelter or Litany would lead to weaker damage...

2) Didn't test the elite, but overall WB seems a bit lacking in tools to deal with defiance bars, and that seems to be a notable handicap. Breaking bars are not only useful to prevent bosses from using dangerous attacks, but also the stuns after getting them down opens a window for maximizing the burst damage from fire at low risk. And I had hard time trying to take down those blue bars...

With Litany, Roiling Light, and careful use of your Virtues, you shouldn't have many issues with sustain in most encounters. Outside of fights with heavy melee-hate or excessively strong ranged pressure, you should be able to juggle your cooldowns and tiptoe around most/all of the damage. The Zen Daijun maze is a great place to practice, as the three champions within it have a good balance of danger and predictability.

As for CC, you just didn't look hard enough. The flipover skill on RL (Quick Retribution) is a 3s daze. The elite is a 4s knockdown. Binding Blade is a 150 pull. If you need more than that, you can always take Sanctuary, or Bane Signet. I'd argue WB has some of the best CC options available to any damage spec in the game right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 6:05 PM, Kuya.6495 said:

whats the build and rotation?

23 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

As an experienced, I did not find too much issues for survivability in PvE. You have to supplement your sustainability using resolve, while healing is on CD. Compared to DH, yes, WoR is surely a better tool, but generally if you are using WoR much in PvE, you probably are over pushing it in terms of what the class can handle. Guardian PvE survivability is kinda meh.

• Thanks 1

Unless you are doing strikes or raids pretty much anything you do is really going to work just fine... PVE is mainly about exploring and killing big bosses which are usually done in groups. At that point it doesnt really matter. WVW Gear PVP gear I use in PVE just because I hate swapping out and grow tired of it. If you are solely into PVE do what ever you want. Glad youre enjoying the class

23 hours ago, cat.8975 said:

With Litany, Roiling Light, and careful use of your Virtues, you shouldn't have many issues with sustain in most encounters. Outside of fights with heavy melee-hate or excessively strong ranged pressure, you should be able to juggle your cooldowns and tiptoe around most/all of the damage. The Zen Daijun maze is a great place to practice, as the three champions within it have a good balance of danger and predictability.

As for CC, you just didn't look hard enough. The flipover skill on RL (Quick Retribution) is a 3s daze. The elite is a 4s knockdown. Binding Blade is a 150 pull. If you need more than that, you can always take Sanctuary, or Bane Signet. I'd argue WB has some of the best CC options available to any damage spec in the game right now.

Thanx for the advices; I'll take use of them.

The whole cc thing tho, I'm not sure: Binding's Blade pull erases ~20% of a blue bar in most HP champs in a 25s cooldown, whereas Kick Retribution deletes ~45% ina 15s cooldown and Heaven's Palm ~55% in a 45s cooldown! That's assuming that everything goes fine and you don't get interrupted. Sancturay is the strongest breakbar in the game, but the cooldown is also large (50s to 40s), and comes as a opportunity cost (of leaving damage or other  tools behind).

I'm used to do it faster and in a more spammable way with Axe + Shield +F1 tome with the Firebrand, or just using a well placed Surge of the Mist, Forced Engagement or a Jade Winds + Chaotic Release combo in my Rev. I 'll try to make it work, tho.