Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

9 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

I still want to know the answer to this question. Why so hell bent on pushing people into content they don't want to do? Why not implement my compromise? Just add these rewards to ALL game modes. That way everyone can get this heavily advertised main expanion feature through their prefered content. That way everyone is happy.

I'll be happy if I could get all 3 gens of legendary weapons for free just by logging into the game. Why can't we do that? I paid for the game and having more would make me happy. Does that make it somehow reasonable?

Nobody forces you into any content. Turtle, just like -continuing from previous example- legendary weapons don't lock anyone from any playable content in the game. You're free to make your own choices in regards of what you want to do ingame. It really is still just pretending that "you know, I'm enjoying this game as a whole, it's great, I have good time doing whatever, but now that the turtle is introduced to the game and I don't want to play SM... well, the game is DEAD TO ME!". Right.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'll be happy if I could get all 3 gens of legendary weapons for free just by logging into the game. Why can't we do that? I paid for the game and having more would make me happy. Does that make it somehow reasonable?

They're (mostly) not asking to be given the turtle for free. They're asking for a way to unlock it that's enjoyable.

Edited by Palador.2170
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody forces you into any content. Turtle, just like -continuing from previous example- legendary weapons don't lock anyone from any playable content in the game. You're free to make your own choices in regards of what you want to do ingame.

Where did I say people should get stuff for free? Nowhere. Exactly, absolutely NOWHERE. I'm not against working for a reward. I just do not think that a heavily advertised main expanion feature should be locked behind a single type of content. A type of content that a lot of people clearly do NOT want to do.

You still didn't reply to my compromise. Why not add these rewards to ALL game modes? Is PvP is a zero challenge "everything for free by just logging in" type of content? What about WvW? What about people who just want to do fractals? What about people who think strikes are boring and only want to do raids? What about people wo enjoy open world treasure hunts and collection achievements that require a lot of time to complete?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Stop using yourself as the baseline for everyone else. What is easy for you might not be so easy for someone else.

On top of that, not everyone wants to do this content. Some people just want to mess around in the open world. Others just want to spam PvP.

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'd prefer people to be free. Different. Unequal. But free.

I am not "using myself as a baseline for the community", I also didn't say anything about it being easy or not. Instead I said that people should stop pretending that SM is somehow "hardcore player-specific" content, since it's not. Don't misconstrue what I said in the post you've just quoted.

If you "don't want to do that content and just want to mess around in open world" then you have every right to do that. In fact, I've already wrote exactly that multiple times (understandably, not hard to miss, since the thread got a bit long now), so rest assured you don't need to repeat it back to me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

2 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Where did I say people should get stuff for free? Nowhere. Exactly, absolutely NOWHERE. I'm not against working for a reward. I just do not think that a heavily advertised main expanion feature should be locked behind a single type of content. A type of content that a lot of people clearly do NOT want to do.

You still didn't reply to my compromise. Why not add these rewards to ALL game modes? Is PvP is a zero challenge "everything for free by just logging in" type of content? What about WvW? What about people who just want to do fractals? What about people who think strikes are boring and only want to do raids? What about people wo enjoy open world treasure hunts and collection achievements that require a lot of time to complete?

It’s exactly one strike mission that takes 15 minutes max. No one has to grind strike missions for months to get the component for the turtle collection. 15 minutes 

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I am not "using myself as a baseline for the community", I also didn't say anything about it being easy or not. Instead I said that people should stop pretending that SM is somehow "hardcore player-specific" content, since it's not. Don't misconstrue what I said in the post you've just quoted.

Still didn't answer the question. Why not add the rewards behind ALL game modes? It's a heavily advertised main expanion feature, after all. Why so focused on pushing people into a single game mode?

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Still didn't answer the question. Why not add the rewards behind ALL game modes? It's a heavily advertised main expanion feature, after all. Why so focused on pushing people into a single game mode?

Maybe it’s because they also designed these strike missions for this expansion and want to promote them? But you have to ask Anet, we can’t answer that for you. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

It’s exactly one strike mission that takes 15 minutes max. No one has to grind strike missions for months to get the component for the turtle collection. 15 minutes 

That's NOT the issue, and not an answer to my question. It's not about time. It's about enjoyment. I Do not enjoy instanced PvE content. And not just in Guild Wars 2. I do not like such content in any MMO. I much more prefer PvP content. Why can't I earn a main expanion feature through my prefered content? Why not add these rewards to ALL game modes?

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

But it can majorly impact ones gameplay experience as A-Net, for some reason, decided to almost exclusively lock properly matching SFX for ranged weapons behind legendary skins so stop pretending that they are just another set of "BL-esque" weapon skins.

Anything can  be claimed to majorly(??) impact ones gameplay experience. So do what I want or it's bad/theft/gatekeeping/elitism/unplayable?

Where did I say anything about them being "another set of BL-esque" weapon skins?

10 minutes ago, Palador.2170 said:

They're (mostly) not asking to be given the turtle for free. They're asking for a way to unlock it that's enjoyable.

10 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Where did I say people should get stuff for free?

I understand where the confusion about this comes from. The emphasis there wasn't on "for free", but rather on "make everyone happy" (from your post)) / "it would make me happy" (from my post).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 11

1 minute ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Why can't I earn a main expanion feature through my prefered content? Why not add these rewards to ALL game modes?

How can I answer that? It wasn’t my decision, please ask Anet that question. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe it’s because they also designed these strike missions for this expansion and want to promote them? 

Bad answer. They can promote a type of content all they want. But it's not going to push people over that line if people already know they do not want to do that content. Forcing people into content they already know they do not want to do is only going to push them away further. Mission failed. Better luck next time.

Edited by FortyTwo.8697
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Really? Pretty damned sure it took me more than 15 minutes to beat it.

Now, with that said... it took me about 3.5 hours total to beat it. I consider the start of the collection to be a worse offender than the strike mission. But was it fun? No. It was not fun. People got upset, angry, left the group. It was frustrating to be lying there on the ground while others were able to carry on the fight, watching for the next several minutes while those that were still up fell one by one.

I never want to put up with that again, thank you.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Palador.2170 said:

Really? Pretty damned sure it took me more than 15 minutes to beat it.

Now, with that said... it took me about 3.5 hours total to beat it. I consider the start of the collection to be a worse offender than the strike mission. But was it fun? No. It was not fun. People got upset, angry, left the group. It was frustrating to be lying there on the ground while others were able to carry on the fight, watching for the next several minutes while those that were still up fell one by one.

I never want to put up with that again, thank you.

The first time I did it it took me about 15 minutes. Maybe you did it with the wrong group and maybe it’s better to do it with your guild mates. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 8

6 hours ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

...but splitting rewards between modes is the opposite to "pushing people into a single game mode". It's giving incentive to play the whole game instead. And it's done with rewards/toys that don't influence your regular gameplay patterns as well as don't lock you out of any other content or the progression in the game in general. And that's why it's ok. Because if you absolutely don't want to then you don't have to, you can keep playing like you prefer and always did and it's still ok.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 9

4 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Easy way out I see. Good luck on your escape from this predicament.

Oh boy, are you for real? You are asking me a question I can’t answer because I didn’t decide it. I am not an employee at Arenanet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

The first time I did it it took me about 15 minutes. Maybe you did it with the wrong group. Next time just take your guild mates. 

There you go again. Using yourself as the baseline for everyone else. I know I know. We are all obsessed with equality these days. But I assure you that people are, infact, not equal. Do not expect the same results from everyone else. People do not and can not accomplish everything. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. And those are rooted in a mixture of genetics and life circumstances. People are not all like you. You are not like everyone else.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Oh boy, are you for real? You are asking me a question I can’t answer because I didn’t decide it. I am not an employee at Arenanet. 

You can't decide for yourself what you think of my compromise? Incapable fo forming your own opinion, perhaps?

Edited by FortyTwo.8697
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Bad answer. They can promote a type of content all they want. But it's not going to push people over that line if people already know they do not want to do that content. Forcing people into content they already know they do not want to do, is only going to push them away further. Mission failed. Better luck next time.

The idea that you try to push here, which is "if not everyone does it, then it's a failure" is just false. You can try to produce a number to pretend you're correct, but the only numbers proving whether it's "failure or not" are available to anet and those probably are (and will be) consistently looked at. They really don't need you to tell them whether it worked or not and you simply do not have that information. You're just trying to "use yourself as a baseline for the community" here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10

5 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

You can;t decide for yourself what you think of my compromise? Incapable fo forming your own opinion, perhaps?

I actually don’t care about your compromise. It’s wishful thinking

You asked why they didn’t put the rewards behind all game modes. That I can’t answer you. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

People from your guild. 

*sigh*

Not everyone has a guild to call on or play with. I work an unusual schedule and have other things going on, my play times can be very erratic. If I track down a guild, I'd be a drain on their resources far more often than I'd be around to help them with anything.

I'm not the only solo player out there, either. Please don't assume that everyone has that kind of resource to call on.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...but splitting rewards between modes is the opposite to "pushing people into a single game mode". It's giving incentive to play the whole game instead. And it's done with rewards/toys that don't influence your regular gameplay patterns as well as don't lock you out of any other content or the progression in the game in general. And that's why it's ok. Because if you absolutely don't want to then you don't have to, you can keep playing like you prefer and always did and it's still ok.

I don't understand. Do you agree with my compromise? Or are you trying to say uou disagree while simultanously making my point for me? Isn't giving an incentive to play the whole game a good thing? I'm also not saying the rewards should be split. I'm saying the rewards should be achievable everywhere. That means you can get the turtle by doing a single type of content, but it can be any content you like.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I actually don’t care about your compromise. It’s wishful thinking

You asked why they didn’t put the rewards behind all game modes. That I can’t answer you. 

So you do want to force people into a single type of content. Let's lock the main expanion feature of the next expanion behind PvP, WvW, fractals or raids, as long as it's the content you do not want to do. And I do not want to see you cry about it on the forums if that would actually happen.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1