Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

1 minute ago, Excursion.9752 said:

The PoF Core mounts were easily obtainable everything since has been tied to achievements and collections.

To think that things need to be changed because they are difficult to get its a big ask. Lets not forget anet did change the way eggs were obtained so they did make it easier for people to start on their way. To ask for another change is a bit much in what already is a fairly easy task for the most part.

I wasn't saying things should be changed because they are difficult.

I was saying not everything needs to be an earned reward. Sometimes things are added to the game to give players a new way to play, not as a reward to be chased in order to get them to play the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Excursion.9752 said:

To ask for another change is a bit much in what already is a fairly easy task for the most part.

I my own kitten self think they should have just given us the turtle egg right there in the very first mission so that we could level it up along the way to that epic challenge culmination of 10 years of swinging swords (and other weapons too numerous to mention). "Here ya go, beloved customers! We sure do appreciate you guys! Enjoy! Oh, and do please check out all those nifty turtle skins in the gem store!"

Players  = turtle turtle turtle!

Anet = rolling in turtle skin $$$

But no. Boring grind to get to the fun stuff. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Did I mention same as it ever was? Same as it ever was!

/e brother, can you spare some kale?

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

brother, can you spare some kale?

Love it! Made me literally laugh out loud!

I was lucky with the Kale I had enough stored up over the years to not have to buy / farm for any of it.

As for the repetition it is understandable because its the bread and butter for all mmo's. While I like your idea, going in we all knew it was going to be the way it is. So no surprise there. 

• Like 2

I bought a run through this strike mission gems to gold. Im getting old.

Arthritis both hands and eye sights going.How many others will do the same?

How much will locking turtle behind a difficult strike mission ern for anet ?

I suspect a lot. And thats why they designed it this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

And that’s totally fine. Don’t like it? Don’t do it. But then you can’t expect to get the rewards. 

I frequently do things I don't like to get the rewards for doing them. It's called "Having a job".

Games are supposed to be fun, not a job. There's nothing wrong with locking it behind something so it can be earned, the problem is when they lock it behind something that people don't enjoy. That's why multiple paths to unlocking some things can be so important.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Palador.2170 said:

I frequently do things I don't like to get the rewards for doing them. It's called "Having a job".

Games are supposed to be fun, not a job. There's nothing wrong with locking it behind something so it can be earned, the problem is when they lock it behind something that people don't enjoy. That's why multiple paths to unlocking some things can be so important.

No it’s not. Having a job means you have signed a contract, health insurance and you get paid. Doing stuff in a video game that you might not enjoy is not like having a job. 

• Confused 7

8 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Exactly, why do the people here complain and demand a change? Because they think they are better than others and the rules don’t apply to them. 

Weird logic there.

I haven’t seen any demands. Maybe I missed them. I’ve seen customers expressing their preferences.

And a couple people telling them their preferences are wrong.

I don’t see where “better than others” comes into it. Maybe projection?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Weird logic there.

I haven’t seen any demands. Maybe I missed them. I’ve seen customers expressing their preferences.

And a couple people telling them their preferences are wrong.

I don’t see where “better than others” comes into it. Maybe projection?

There are several demands to get the part for the collection without having to do the strike mission like the rest of the community.

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 6

31 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There are several demands to get the part for the collection without having to do the strike mission like the rest of the community.

The rest of the community? That would be about 1%. The 99% thinks differently. As a company Anet would be wise to listen to the complaints of the 99% first and foremost. They are the ones paying their bills, afterall.

But hey, I have an idea. A compromise, if you will. Let's add methods of aquisition for the turtle egg, and the collection item you can now only get in a strike mission, behind ALL game modes. PvP, WvW, strikes, raids, fractals and open world. Then everyone can get the turtle through their prefered content.

If that was the case then I'd have had the turtle by now because I prefer PvP, WvW and open world content. I have exactly zero interest in instanced PvE content. I might have developed a slight curiosity for such content over time, but then Anet decided it wanted to try and force me into it. And now I'll outright rufese to do instanced PvE, just to spite this design choice. And don't you worry, I'll stick with that attitude for as long as this game exists.

Anet has managed to push me away from all of their PvE content, FOREVER. Goodjob. Well done.

But if they'd add a reward track to PvP, even if it's a really long one, I'll get my heavily advertised main expanion feature a.k.a. the turtle mount, eventually. But right now I'll actively act to spite this nonsense. May it stick to them, like spit in their faces.

Edited by FortyTwo.8697
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Derkojote.1957 said:

and are not in big guilds with raid party mentality.

Neither am I, this is clearly not something that's required.

Yet, We Paid For content that we now cannot have because we don't play to that extreme. Mighty close to Theft. Misrepresenting how we were going to get the turtle. Locking it behind content many are not able to do because either we can't or simply don't have the time to give to it. A-Net is dividing what till now was easily the closest community of any MMO.

Nothing here is "locked". You also don't have to "play to the extreme". This content doesn't require you to be optimal or to use optimal gear/builds. It's also worth noting that "completing content in order to get a reward" is completely normal for gaming (paid or not) and has nothing to do with theft. These "comparisons" are dishonest, to say the least.

You're also still allowed to play however you want and whatever you want. The turtle is a toy that doesn't lock you out of any content, I fail to see how it suddenly destroys your enjoyment in the whole game.

18 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Until the next time something else comes around which might be sooner rather than later as I can definitely see them locking the new elder dragon variants behind other SMs.

Even if that would be the case, lack of a skin for a legendary gear (only if you choose to not complete the content) doesn't influence your gameplay pattern in any way nor does it lock you out of any playable contenet. So lets stop pretending it does.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

4 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

The rest of the community? That would be about 1%. The 99% thinks differently. As a company Anet would be wise to listen to the complaints of the 99% first and foremost. They are the ones paying their bills, afterall.

Where do you got the numbers from? I didn’t see complaints from 99%. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Where do you got the numbers from? I didn’t see complaints from 99%. 

Oh come on, everyone knows that hard instanced PvE content is a niche aspect of any MMO. The same counts for PvP, by the way. Infact, PvP is an even smaller niche, which is why it generally gets ignored in most MMOs, including Guild Wars 2. There simply aren't enough PvP players to warrant a lot of money and effort to be put into its further development.

But I too want to know this. Why are you so hell bent on pushing people into content they do not want to do? Why not implement my compromise? Why not add these rewards to all game modes? That way everyone is happy. Don't you agree?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. That implied that having a job decreases your chances of being a hardcore player, due to the simple reason of having less time to dedicate to "preparing to have fun" in games, instead of just trying to have that fun without wasting that precious time on any preparations. Not to mention that a lot of working people do not play games just to have a second job.

And that in turn aims at pretending that you need to be a hardcore player to play content like SM, which is not the case at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 6

18 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

The rest of the community? That would be about 1%. The 99% thinks differently.

7 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Oh come on, everyone knows that hard instanced PvE content is a niche aspect of any MMO.

Funnily enough, I've watched a short video yesterday that -I think- responds perfectly to what you just did.

The last 25 seconds of this (starts at the relevant timestamp):

...I mean, this is what just happened in this exchange -you're producing a number to illustrate what you believe 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7

46 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Like when they came out with mounts and all the people before mounts had to map without it? We didn't as a group come online and cry "not fair ". I fondly remember a few friends I had from Guild Wars would watch me ineptly work my way thru jumping puzzles in GW2. This game has many different aspects to it. WVW, PVP, Raids, Fractals. Anet has decided that the only important thing about the game is getting more people to learn raids.  Too stressful for me. Every time they came out with a expansion I would buy it as soon as possible, and then treat myself to 8000. gems for the new skins. Since it keeps being said "its easy"I will be the only person they lose income from and it wont effect the bottom dollar. What pays for expansions is people buying them. I guess we will see where the game is 6 months from now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sandie.1964 said:

Anet has decided that the only important thing about the game is getting more people to learn raids. 

When have they decided that that’s the only (!) important thing? I would say that is not true. They designed strike missions to get more people into raids, yes, but that’s not the only important thing about the game. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Funnily enough, I've watched a short video yesterday that -I think- responds perfectly to what you just did.

The last 25 seconds of this (starts at the relevant timestamp):

...I mean, this is what just happened in this exchange -you're producing a number to illustrate what you believe 😅

I still want to know the answer to this question. Why so hell bent on pushing people into content they don't want to do? Why not implement my compromise? Just add these rewards to ALL game modes. That way everyone can get this heavily advertised main expanion feature through their prefered content. That way everyone is happy.

Edited by FortyTwo.8697
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sandie.1964 said:

Like when they came out with mounts and all the people before mounts had to map without it? We didn't as a group come online and cry "not fair ". I fondly remember a few friends I had from Guild Wars would watch me ineptly work my way thru jumping puzzles in GW2. This game has many different aspects to it. WVW, PVP, Raids, Fractals. Anet has decided that the only important thing about the game is getting more people to learn raids.  Too stressful for me. Every time they came out with a expansion I would buy it as soon as possible, and then treat myself to 8000. gems for the new skins. Since it keeps being said "its easy"I will be the only person they lose income from and it wont effect the bottom dollar. What pays for expansions is people buying them. I guess we will see where the game is 6 months from now.

Putting more weight on teaching people game mechanics (for excample through introduction of training grounds in EoD) doesn't mean everyone is suddenly expected to raid. It means people now have easier way to understand the mechanics, so they can use it while playing the game. If some of them still choose to avoid certain content then they're free to make that decision. You do not have to play strikes/raids/whatever else if you don't want to. This is not even close to being the only content released in this expansion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And that in turn aims at pretending that you need to be a hardcore player to play content like SM, which is not the case at all.

Stop using yourself as the baseline for everyone else. What is easy for you might not be so easy for someone else.

On top of that, not everyone wants to do this content. Some people just want to mess around in the open world. Others just want to spam PvP.

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'd prefer people to be free. Different. Unequal. But free.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Even if that would be the case, lack of a skin for a legendary gear (only if you choose to not complete the content) doesn't influence your gameplay pattern in any way nor does it lock you out of any playable contenet. So lets stop pretending it does.

But it can majorly impact ones gameplay experience as A-Net, for some reason, decided to almost exclusively lock properly matching SFX for ranged weapons behind legendary skins so stop pretending that they are just another set of "BL-esque" weapon skins.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1