Can we make this possible? Unhappy with your Race?

Edit: i know actual thread of reddit doesn't fit here, i didn't want to talk about catalyst nerfs or any of that stuff or profession change. Just wanted to share actual picture alone and how race change ticket might look. Since it's not possible to share pictures anymore so i shared reddit. (Reddit/Twitter posts can still be shared to see picture)

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Race change could be purely cosmetic -- the result, say, of an unfortunate waypoint/mesmer portal accident. That way, the only thing that would change would be the appearance of the character. An asura woopsied into a norn, for example, would still be an unmitigated genius.

A possible solution to the venerable (some might say hoary) race/profession change thing might be the option to delete a character but apply the XP it had gained to a new character. I dunno. Need more coffee.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think race change is possible, with how linked it is to story. But class change would be amazing, and probably much easier as there is way way less impact on your story/environment. 

But we don't know how bad/hard is the code for that, so probably too much work. 

Edited by Chromatic Drake.3168
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The graphic/screenshot and the thread title don't really align...

Is it Race or Profession you wish to change?  I suppose it doesn't really matter; it's likely a 'no' for either, especially Race. 

Race change not profession. I know reddit title doesnt fit here but i shared it cuz you can't really share pictures anymore except reddit/twitter threads. My main idea was just to share picture and how cool it would be if we had similar ticket just not profession but race.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1) Dump everything on your character into the bank. Soulbound items you scrap or delete.

2) Delete character

3) Create new character with same name.

4) Boost to 80 via the million books and level scrolls you probably have by now.

5) Put your gear back.

There you go, race changed. You can skip some steps by just making a new character with another name but of course thats boring. You'll also take the cost of character upgrades, but a race change would have to be like 5000+ gems anyway.

A profession change would be the eqvivalent for another existing character but since you save on character upgrades we'd have to offset the cost so... 10,000 gems? Seems reasonable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Well you know there's map completion and inventory expansion slots. Tomes and levelling is not the problem here. I'd have to spend so much gems for inventory expansion and i'd have to spend so much time for 100% map completion again. Those are the main things that keep me from doing what you just said. Sure if you don't care about map.comp or inventory then it's cool. But for someone who has maxed out inventory unlocks and cares about map comp it's not a good option.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dave.6819 said:

Well you know there's map completion and inventory expansion bags. Tomes and levelling is not the problem here. I'd have to spend so much gems for inventory expansion and i'd have to spend so much time for 100% map completion again. Those are the main things that keep me from doing what you just said. Sure if you don't care about map.comp or inventory bags then it's cool.

Thats the cost. I would find it acceptable to keep the map completion for 10,000 gems though.

This is extremely unlikely to happen, would probably take a good amount of work, serve a good amount of bugs and probably isn't even worth it because race is totally irrelevant past level 30, save for a few story dialogues.

Instead buying that, buy a character slot and make a character with your desirable name, profession and race.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Chromatic Drake.3168 said:

It's about race change, the top picture is about class, pretty huge difference. 

Edit : also, any answer from Anet themself, can't really find anything, and I know it's veeeery hard to have something from them as they don't communicate much. 

Maybe read through the threads instead of only looking at the first post?  I tried to help you.

Here...

1) I am afraid that the team does contemplate different possibilities and new features for the future but this one is not among those.2) There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons.3) Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Maybe read through the threads instead of only looking at the first post?  I tried to help you.

Here...

1) I am afraid that the team does contemplate different possibilities and new features for the future but this one is not among those.2) There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons.3) Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

It is still about race, that I can understand, not class that have no link at all with story 😕

Edited by Chromatic Drake.3168
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chromatic Drake.3168 said:

It is still about race, that I can understand, not class that have no link at all with story 😕

Gear rewards earned in personal story are based on the profession that you are playing on.

There's also been a few Easter eggs in certain LW story for different professions.

Edit: but as stated, neither race nor profession change are likely to be offered by Anet for various reasons.

Edited by Haleydawn.3764
Additional context.

Race change is simply impossible because of personal story stuff... And honestly it really doesnt worth it to redo enourmus amount of backend stuff  just because you no longer want to play asura or norn or whatewer.. Game is not made this way.. Same thing is with your account name they could do it only in extreme cases and even then your chat would be broken .. but i digress... Best option for you would be just use one of combat tonics .. idk 😄