Please stop Ziplines killing Necro pets

Hi,

Given that ziplines are an integral part of Cantha, and compulsory in some Strike Missions, can you please stop them from killing Necro pets?

Every time I use one, the pets die and the skills go on cooldown, so I have to wait to summon them again. Extremely annoying.

Please just make the pets stow while on the zipline, and then come back again when you get off, the same way they do when you mount and dismount.

Thanks!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Necro minions aren't the only summons they kill. I've now noticed several times in the Kaineng Overlook strike mission they also kill ranger spirits (they don't die when you get thrown to the lower platform, but they are always on cooldown if you take the zip line up, even though you don't move further away from them than the other way round).

Other things to test would be elementals, thieves guild, or any other summon that follows you around.

What definitely doesn't get killed are ranger pets and the mechanist golem.

• Like 2

Ziplines also kill players, as they are affected by lag and will therefore sometimes drop you to your death halfway through the lifting animation. I've seen plenty of dead people in Arborstone because of this; not sure what to do about it apart from getting out the spatula and picking them back up.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Ziplines also kill players, as they are affected by lag and will therefore sometimes drop you to your death halfway through the lifting animation. I've seen plenty of dead people in Arborstone because of this; not sure what to do about it apart from getting out the spatula and picking them back up.

The main Zipline in Arborstone lags BADLY usually on the first use when porting into the map. It'll skip 1-2 seconds for me every time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, isii.1859 said:

What definitely doesn't get killed are ranger pets and the mechanist golem.

Can't speak for mechanist but ziplines forcibly unmerge soulbeasts and put the merge on cooldown. It's not as egregious as necro minions or ranger spirits but still really annoying, especially on the Kaineng strike.

Ziplines also remove warrior banners and put them on full cooldown if the warrior doesn't remember to pick them up first.

1 hour ago, Zephire.8049 said:

Can't speak for mechanist but ziplines forcibly unmerge soulbeasts and put the merge on cooldown. It's not as egregious as necro minions or ranger spirits but still really annoying, especially on the Kaineng strike.

Ziplines also remove warrior banners and put them on full cooldown if the warrior doesn't remember to pick them up first.

I'm not a warrior player, but what happens if a warrior places a banner and then simply walks away from it?  The zipline ought to mimic that.

But those other things, yeah, since the zipline is just moving from place 1 to place 2 (and mounting up to move does not kill minions/just stows them)...

5 hours ago, Nol Fran Shee.1285 said:

I'm not a warrior player, but what happens if a warrior places a banner and then simply walks away from it?  The zipline ought to mimic that.

But those other things, yeah, since the zipline is just moving from place 1 to place 2 (and mounting up to move does not kill minions/just stows them)...

I haven't tried it (not a banner warrior main) but the banners have a long range before they despawn yet if you forget to pick them up and use a zipline you're looking at a 70 second cooldown on them. Which is a pretty big deal in strikes and in metas where you use ziplines a lot because the fight moves around and a banner warrior that can't use banners ends up bringing the rest of the group down. I can't imagine trying to banner on the Kaineng strike, especially if your group ziplines up to the sniper.

It just seems like a huge oversight that ziplines forcibly despawn summons and puts them on cooldown rather than "pausing" them like using a mount does.

• Like 1