Help with Condi Build

Richard Marcinko.5132

I'm not sure why you run virtuoso with ritualist gear. You need crit chance for bleeding from both jagged mind and sharper images. With the gear you have now you're far better off playing mirage. Cheapest way to fix your current build is rampager stat trinkets.

https://snowcrows.com/builds/mesmer/virtuoso/condition-virtuoso

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

I am unsure if there is a Condi build that doesn't target 100% Crit.  You want every Blade attack to stack Bleed with Jagged Mind, but at 10% Crit, only 1/10 Blade attacks will generate a Bleed, massively nerfing your bleed damage and slowing down your Blade generation via Bloodsong.

Virtuoso in PvE should probably start as a Glass Cannon since the strongest tool they have is DPS.  Once you get to 100% Crit, you can start stacking other stats to support your sustain.  Remember 100% Crit is actually 65% from gear as Fury is 30% for Virt and 5% base for everyone.

Here is an alternate 'tanky' build I was running in OW and Story

Celestial Virtuoso

It is Celestial, and so it is pure Hybrid DPS.  It can put up about 7-8k DPS on single target Golem, bursting to 11k, while self buffed.  It can reach 20k single target with squad buffs.  Do note this is with Rune of the Thief, which gets you to the Crit level you need, offsetting the choice in gear stats.

Bleeds should run about 40-45% of your DPS with this build.

I would also pick Dueling or Chaos and pair it with Illusions for traits, since Torment on Bladesong (via Maim the Disillusioned in Illusions) can equal 10-15% of your DPS.  Dueling is pretty strong if you are running a sword, but without a sword I have found Chaos to be a comparable or better for OW PvE.

From here you can consider a few tweaks to suit your style.

Swap out Celestial for Rampager/Sinister gear until you get enough Crit to swap out Sigil of Accuracy for Sigil of Bursting/Sigil of Agony (I haven't tested which one has higher upside, it may be Agony but Bursting is all around solid).  This overall would be a small DPS increase and a small sustain loss.
    AND/OR
Swap out Celestial for Rampager/Sinister gear until you get enough Crit to swap out Rune of the Thief for Rune of the Krait.  This would be a massive DPS increase and a bigger sustain loss.

In Illusions, Swap out Master of Fragmentation for Phantasmal Force.  MoF is great for AoE combat against many mobs as it gives you some additional control tools.  Phantasmal Force is better against a single target like a boss and improves your overall power.

Get your Jade Bot Power Core leveled up!!!!  At level 10 adding 235 Vitality/2350 Health is a huge boost to tankiness.

A side note about Rune of the Krait and Expertise.  Sharpening Sorrow (in Virtuoso) gives you 150 Expertise with Fury,  Chaotic Persistence (in Chaos) gives you another 250 with Regen.  1% Condi Duration = 15 Expertise so 400 extra Expertise is 27% Condi Duration.  Since Expertise caps out at 100%, it means you don't need to stack Expertise as aggressively when using Rune of the Krait.

5 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Again with the golem benchmarks. That's why cata got nerfed for no reason.

5 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Golem benchmarks don't matter! Stop acting like this is in any way replicable to any real gameplay scenario.

Okay all of these things are true for Virtuoso:

• Golem dps doesn't mater
  • Auto attack dps doesn't mater
  • sPvP doesn't mater since it cant be played in plat
  • Burst damage doesn't mater
  • The raid or strike dps doesn't mater
  • Topping open world dps charts don't mater
  • Condition healing/survivability doesn't mater

I feel like there is a huge contradiction in all this.

If Virtuoso golems 40k, raids/strikes 40k, Tops dps charts then its an amazing spec.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

47 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

If Virtuoso golems 40k, raids/strikes 40k, Tops dps charts then its an amazing spec.

at dealing damage, and that's it.

That's the issue here, that Virtuoso can deal significant DPS but only under specific circumstances.  One could argue this is the same for other eSpecs, but when you are a glass cannon that offers nothing other than DPS, and that DPS is conditional on having the right circumstances, the DPS doesn't really matter.

On the other hand, it is great that Virtuoso has enough DPS to be able to handle a lot of different PvE content.  That it can fit into Raid, Strike and Fractal groups and hold it's own, that is great.

At the end of the day, you only need enough DPS and Sustain to finish the fight.  Being top DPS doesn't mean anything if you fail to complete the encounter.  Virtuoso can deliver enough DPS, but it doesn't deliver much else.  Because it doesn't do anything else you have PvP and WvW players as well as Raid and Strike players wanting more from the eSpec than just DPS.

I think it would serve you well Mell to consider asking more questions of the people on these forums rather than making half baked assertions like Virtuoso having 35k AA or that Survivability is Great.  We all 'love' Mesmer, and while some posters are overtly negative about it, they will give you a straight answer if you ask a good question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

at dealing damage, and that's it.

That's the issue here, that Virtuoso can deal significant DPS but only under specific circumstances.  One could argue this is the same for other eSpecs, but when you are a glass cannon that offers nothing other than DPS, and that DPS is conditional on having the right circumstances, the DPS doesn't really matter.

On the other hand, it is great that Virtuoso has enough DPS to be able to handle a lot of different PvE content.  That it can fit into Raid, Strike and Fractal groups and hold it's own, that is great.

At the end of the day, you only need enough DPS and Sustain to finish the fight.  Being top DPS doesn't mean anything if you fail to complete the encounter.  Virtuoso can deliver enough DPS, but it doesn't deliver much else.  Because it doesn't do anything else you have PvP and WvW players as well as Raid and Strike players wanting more from the eSpec than just DPS.

I think it would serve you well Mell to consider asking more questions of the people on these forums rather than making half baked assertions like Virtuoso having 35k AA or that Survivability is Great.  We all 'love' Mesmer, and while some posters are overtly negative about it, they will give you a straight answer if you ask a good question.

All dps don't deliver much else, also the Mesmer kit itself can supplement for the Virtuoso failings. One of the best Virtuoso combos is Inspiration which you could run signets under and then spam them to provide group aegis.

I mean this does boil down to the age old problem of the more elite specializations you add the less important and the eventual underperforming each individual one is. This i why i use a plethora of Mesmer builds, Chono Healer, Mirage Buffer, Mirage dueler, Virtuoso ranged dps, Chrono tank/dps, etc

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Please, do show us the Virtuoso build, gear and group comp where this is works out to be 'One of the Best'.

I was healing 1k HPS while farming the dragon's end meta while pushing out 20k dps. Inspiration is a really combo, not to mention it lowers focus cooldown. 

You only really need the illusion trait line for the shatter cooldown and compounding power traits that's it. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

I was healing 1k HPS while farming the dragon's end meta while pushing out 20k dps. Inspiration is a really combo, not to mention it lowers focus cooldown. 

You only really need the illusion trait line for the shatter cooldown and compounding power traits that's it. 

After reading you post in another thread here:

The main thing the 18k auto attack has going for is which is why I top dps open world charts (even when running inspiration trait line) is the 1200 range. I mean with autotargeting on you become a turret.

What is the build and gear you are running, stop teasing and share it!!!!  I want 18k AA with Inspiration too!!!

14 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

After reading you post in another thread here:

What is the build and gear you are running, stop teasing and share it!!!!  I want 18k AA with Inspiration too!!!

I cant be bothered recreating it but it is exactly the same as a Snowcrow build except i don't have 100% criticial chance, rather 75%.

I swapped out Duelist for Inspiration and the Sword off-hand with Pistol, that's all i changed.