So Harbinger nerf next patch ?

Aigaion.7981

53 minutes ago, MrAmputatoes.6031 said:

Harbinger trades the second bar of HP for more damage. Everyone's biggest mistake is refusing to attempt to punish the Harbinger for entering shroud. It isn't a second life bar and they lose access to all their utilities. If you let the Harbinger just auto you to death that's entirely your fault. Some soft or hard CC and damage will easily force them to drop shroud and use their stun breaks and congrats, they're still just as easy to kill as before. 

This.

It's the opposite of reaper.

With reaper you kite the necro in shroud because all their damage is up close.

With harbinger you can pressure the necro in shroud to reduce damage output -and- still hit their HP (just watch out for the animation for shroud 5) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Im honored to sometimes be invited to play with and against high level players in the AT. What I observed that unlike in unranked/ranked matches, the dps build of harbinger gets immediately shut down. There's a support build but it also gets shut down immediately. With organized teams, it's automatic to target the harbinger. Hopefully it will trickle down to rank/unranked. 

Unlike core, Harb has next to nothing sustain. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I don’t see it happening because this is necromancer. In theory the broken burst is justified because they loose the shroud health. In practice I think it beats core mesmer in terms of numbers of buttons you need to click in order to one shot. Is it fair? Hard to say probably not but again devs love necro.

It's really not that bad now that people are figuring out how easy it is to lock down.  There are far bigger problems with balance right now other than Harbinger tbh.  I do think it will get some slight adjustments, but any large scale nerfs would be overkill imo.

On 3/26/2022 at 8:41 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Unlike core, Harb has next to nothing sustain.

Harb is getting "sustain" carried by UI in a way 😛 your overhead health bar shows LF and hides health, so my guess is many are still fighting against their initial instincts, though it really starts to get to people now.

• Confused 1