Healbrand Gear Selection.

Tyrant.1270

It depends if you're going to do raids, as some bosses there aggro on highest toughness in squad, so with Minstrel you'd get tank role for "free" đŸ˜‰

I personally love Celestial gear, as I can do a bit of damage on top of providing support, a bit like in this build http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAc+ZlRw6YPsEGJW0SvPbA-zxIY1oj%2FMSQKEiKwjHERmJ2DWTA2sA-e
from: https://snowcrows.com/builds/guardian/firebrand/heal-firebrand

tl;dr - if you're going for a healer/support role and don't want to tank in raids -> Full Harriers

Edited by Antina.5973
added link to SC build

When I first started using HB I used Harriers and it's still pretty good. The newer you are the more reliable it is to run a full set of harriers imo. As a beginner your personal survivability is less of an issue, and what I see a lot of new healbrands struggle with is boon upkeep and actually healing when they need to.

I keep a full set of harriers for outside of fractals (and cele on another character), and a hybrid that maximizes my healing more for inside of fractals since I pug all the time. I focus on making it as hard as possible for pugs to die no matter what utilities I bring, while also holding on to Axe as much as I can over having to use mace.

I have a set of minstrels but I don't really think I've ever equipped all of it before.

• 2 weeks later...

Harrier works fine, and sticking a Tier 10 Jade Core on your character will give you a little more breathing room on your health.

I personally like Minstrel's because you get substantially more personal survivability *and healing output,* though (both from having the highest possible base Healing Power and from a few extra +% points of Force of Will). If you're playing full "carrybrand" the last thing you want to do is die to botched mechanics yourself.

• Thanks 1