Virtuoso. What heal are you using

JunkJunk.8971

Open World I alternate between Signet of Ether and Twin Blade Restoration, however I tend to use Signet of Ether more often.  Both have upside and neither one stands out as being significantly better in OW PvE. 

If you are in any group content, Signet of Ether tends to be the better since you can refresh your Phantasms and have optimal DPS rotations.  When you have Alacrity and Healing provided in your group, Signet of Ether is very strong and can basically be used on CD.

Playing solo, Twin Blade Restoration can provide a Condi Cleanse and Aegis for 'oh kitten' moments as well as adding more Blade interaction.  It's a strong heal on a relatively short cooldown, which you can weave into a regular rotation if you don't feel your life is threatened.

In PvP?  No idea

The real answer is you don't use the heal skill to heal.

You use it to add to your damage so you have two choices:

If you rely on phantasms then Signet of the Ether to get them back. (power or condi)

If you don't use phantasms then you want Twin Blade Restoration since it will proc blade to Bleed trait. (condi only)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read in this forum.

Its part of all the damage rotations to use the Signet of the Ether to refresh phantasm cooldown. I guess Twin Blade Restoration could be used as a heal but again you can get 3 Bleed stacks from it.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read in this forum.

If you are in a group with a healer, or in an OW situation where you aren't taking damage, then yes, you can blow Signet of Ether or Twin Blade Resto on CD for DPS.  Or I suppose if you run Inspiration for self heals.  Or if you want to rely on Virtuoso F4 for regen......

In Solo Open World, or any situation where you haven't got another source of healing, blowing your heal skills for DPS can be a quick death.  I am sure the same applies in PvP and WvW.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Its part of all the damage rotations to use the Signet of the Ether to refresh phantasm cooldown. I guess Twin Blade Restoration could be used as a heal but again you can get 3 Bleed stacks from it.

The OP is asking for Open World and PvP, not for Raiding. 

9 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

If you are in a group with a healer, or in an OW situation where you aren't taking damage, then yes, you can blow Signet of Ether or Twin Blade Resto on CD for DPS.  Or I suppose if you run Inspiration for self heals.  Or if you want to rely on Virtuoso F4 for regen......

In Solo Open World, or any situation where you haven't got another source of healing, blowing your heal skills for DPS can be a quick death.  I am sure the same applies in PvP and WvW.

I know. OP said he is asking for PvP and Open World.

3 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

I know. OP said he is asking for PvP and Open World.

The response wasn't entirely for you, but I agree with your earlier comment about 'dumbest'.  Some posters tend to reduce their profession to 'do this' without providing well rounded reasoning or context.  Some poster's aren't worth responding to directly since they tend to tunnel vision their idea of what Mesmer is, and how it fits into the various game modes.  And that isn't limited to just the poster you quoted, as there are many of them in the Mesmer forum, some more angry than others.

No, my response was for the player who doesn't understand Mesmer and will end up finding this thread in a Google search and not realize why the post quoted is potentially misleading.

Whatever the game mode, taking an extra minute to provide clear and concise knowledge is never a bad thing.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 4:13 PM, JunkJunk.8971 said:

I am condi spec.  Open world and PvP.     What heal you all using?..

Dont play condi virt in open world. It needs to crit cap. Also signet of the ether is go to for any dps mesmer as its active recharges phantasms

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, celestia.3829 said:

Dont play condi virt in open world. It needs to crit cap. Also signet of the ether is go to for any dps mesmer as its active recharges phantasms

What are you talking about?  Why should you not play Condi Virt in OW, and what should you be playing instead?

Just now, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

What are you talking about?  Why should you not play Condi Virt in OW, and what should you be playing instead?

Condi virt needs to critcap to deal good damage. In an ow situation you will not have acsess to important bufffs required to crit cap - such as banners and spotter. Every % of critcap your missing is almost directly % less damage. Additionally OP is probally not using the ideal gear for condi virt ( a very unusual mix on rampagers and vipers.) They would be much better of on something like cele sig mirage

2 minutes ago, celestia.3829 said:

Condi virt needs to critcap to deal good damage. In an ow situation you will not have acsess to important bufffs required to crit cap - such as banners and spotter. Every % of critcap your missing is almost directly % less damage. Additionally OP is probally not using the ideal gear for condi virt ( a very unusual mix on rampagers and vipers.) They would be much better of on something like cele sig mirage

Critcap is very easy to attain.  Suggesting that the OP doesn't have the right gear to do this is probably a bad assumption on your part since we don't know anything other than they wanted to know about two different heals. 

Given that all the build guides on Condi Virt show what gear to use (and in many cases why to run in) I would think that anyone wanting to run Condi Virt would be able to determine whether or not they have the gear required.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Critcap is very easy to attain.  Suggesting that the OP doesn't have the right gear to do this is probably a bad assumption on your part since we don't know anything other than they wanted to know about two different heals. 

Given that all the build guides on Condi Virt show what gear to use (and in many cases why to run in) I would think that anyone wanting to run Condi Virt would be able to determine whether or not they have the gear required.

this post is incredibly wrong.

Gear suggested always includes spotter and banners.

Op is asking about heal skill - showing that they are not using a build website, additionally leading to them not using correct gear. 

Achiving critcap on virt without spotter etc requires sacrificing massive amounts of dps to take different gear.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, celestia.3829 said:

this post is incredibly wrong.

Gear suggested always includes spotter and banners.

Op is asking about heal skill - showing that they are not using a build website, additionally leading to them not using correct gear. 

Achiving critcap on virt without spotter etc requires sacrificing massive amounts of dps to take different gear.

Don't forget that they usually include Writ of Accuracy as well!!!!  It's a question I have asked on the forums and finally came to my own conclusions about, making up 400 Precision, or ~19% Crit requires moving some parts around.   Rather than repeating what I already posted though, here:

Condi Virt for OW

I don't feel like moving some parts around was a massive DPS loss for an Open World build.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Don't forget that they usually include Writ of Accuracy as well!!!!  It's a question I have asked on the forums and finally came to my own conclusions about, making up 400 Precision, or ~19% Crit requires moving some parts around.   Rather than repeating what I already posted though, here:

Condi Virt for OW

I don't feel like moving some parts around was a massive DPS loss for an Open World build.

No, look at the budget variant. 

• Haha 1