New Kaineng, Harbor way to the city

Hello,

is it just me or is the way from the New Kaineng harbor to the city itself really that strange. You have to walk through one of the two tunnels where in the real world everybody would be afraid of. Just two dark and crooked paths. I would expect a nice hallway, light and shiny and "representive" for the city. And you could miss this two narrow tunnels very easy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Hello,

is it just me or is the way from the New Kaineng harbor to the city itself really that strange. You have to walk through one of the two tunnels where in the real world everybody would be afraid of. Just two dark and crooked paths. I would expect a nice hallway, light and shiny and "representive" for the city. And you could miss this two narrow tunnels very easy.

It is odd. Makes sense for industrial access to the city, but I’ve wondered more than once how the upper class gets into the city if they arrive by boat.

It’s especially strange with how grand someone spent time making the face of the city’s entrance.

Behold this giant carved jade spike thing! Now enter through this utility tunnel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

A lot of the city layout is difficult. I assume residents have access to doors the commander can't use because there is a lot of walls of buildings that can't be circumvented without Olympic level swimming for regular NPCs.

The city could use a couple more waypoints. At least one near the JP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There should be many people fishing? The harbor are half empty? In fact the city itself quite empy.

There are many push carts around. Noodle carts. Can you make them sell something like they are supposed to? Noodles? Food? 

NKC is still lacking the soul, fundermentals of a buzzing city that it should be. Especially at ground levels. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

There are many push carts around. Noodle carts. Can you make them sell something like they are supposed to? Noodles? Food? 

Yes, I was so disapointed I couldn't get my noodles!

Maybe entrances from harbour into the city are small to make them easier to cut off? The danger of risen is still quite real.

That is relatively minor compared to the lack of railings. How many people have fallen to their deaths? Zip lines are also horribly unsafe.

There are two other tunnels you can enter the city via boat but one is infested with kappa and the other with undead. Why are there still so many undead around the city? It has been 10 years since the death of Zhaitan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

That is relatively minor compared to the lack of railings. How many people have fallen to their deaths? Zip lines are also horribly unsafe.

There are two other tunnels you can enter the city via boat but one is infested with kappa and the other with undead. Why are there still so many undead around the city? It has been 10 years since the death of Zhaitan.

Risk death on a zip line or spend all day climbing stairs with your groceries.

Now we know why there is no fat people.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I kept thinking about railings in Arborstone when I'd follow my typical path of taking the teleporter near the bank up to the second floor, then crossing past the LA portal to get to the Inn. There's a narrow corner of crumbled ledge on that path.

After spending all that time upgrading Arborstone, the commander is going to end up sued for not having someone install basic safety railings.

• Like 1