Untamed is not that bad, just lack of some damage output fix

lunaticdawn.1860

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I don’t understand what all this crying is trying to accomplish now, the moment to give feedback was during the betas….

Now seems a little bit redundant  to ask for anything, I mean if they would to completely overhaul unplayed that would somehow hint  they didn’t know what they were doing on the first place,  right?

As if anet listened to feedback ahha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/8/2022 at 2:40 AM, Mell.4873 said:

PvE it is pretty bad on Untamed outside of maybe solo open world content.

Open world PvE is where I tried it, and it didn't take long to figure out how bad it was. A veteran that I would take down within seconds on any former profession and build took ages to die.

I tried for another two hours to find anything worthwhile in that spec before I gave up for a lack of efficiency and switched back to Soulbeast instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Open world PvE is where I tried it, and it didn't take long to figure out how bad it was. A veteran that I would take down within seconds on any former profession and build took ages to die.

I tried for another two hours to find anything worthwhile in that spec before I gave up for a lack of efficiency and switched back to Soulbeast instead.

It is tricky, I mean it took people a very long time to work out how to use Soulbeast, that and some of the interactions didn't work from my memory. The only thing I really use Untamed for is open world farming, which I do believe it excels at.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It is tricky, I mean it took people a very long time to work out how to use Soulbeast, that and some of the interactions didn't work from my memory. The only thing I really use Untamed for is open world farming, which I do believe it excels at.

It’s still easier to just use soulbeast in open world farming tho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

No, I'm just saying- a full on dps boon support is something ranger does not have.

Soulbeast does not provide enough boons to be considered a boon support. Yes, it can share stances. Yes, it can do damage. That doesn't make it a boon support.

Untamed could be the same thing as catalyst but on ranger in terms of functionality and it'd be fine- decent DPS, decent boons when in full zerker, or it could bring a mix of diviners (or even full div) and lose out on DPS but still provide good rare boons.

So there we have it cycle back around. Since SB already has that function, start a thread about improving the boons on SB. Problem solved and fits in the original design. Logical right? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Do you even need super speed in open world? I’ve never needed it.

Well you have never tried to run around in bitterfrost while not being able to mount. Again I'm mostly gathering up stuff and barraging it, so it helps if I have super speed. 

11 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well you have never tried to run around in bitterfrost while not being able to mount. Again I'm mostly gathering up stuff and barraging it, so it helps if I have super speed. 

If I wanted to go back to bitterfrost for berry farm, I’d do it on a thieve and be invisible the whole time…. No problem then.

• Haha 1

If I wanted to go back to bitterfrost for berry farm, I’d do it on a thieve and be invisible the whole time…. No problem then.

I fight everything so I can get karma off karmic retribution. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1

Seems very inefficient to use an untamed for either of those activities.

Well it is where I park up and farm while I work I have even been banned because I sat in an event while I was busy with real life stuff and could not respond to admin DM. 

Honestly I think the main reason it is better for me is because I only play Longbow + Longbow so I don't really benefit from the Soulbeast kit to much. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Swagger.1459 said:

So there we have it cycle back around. Since SB already has that function, start a thread about improving the boons on SB. Problem solved and fits in the original design. Logical right? 

Soulbeast doesn't need to have boons. It's fine where it is. Untamed is not fine where it is, and can easily fit the bill without destabilizing soulbeast (you'll be hard pressed to find something other than power dragonhunter that out-bursts soulbeast if memory serves right).

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Soulbeast doesn't need to have boons. It's fine where it is. Untamed is not fine where it is, and can easily fit the bill without destabilizing soulbeast (you'll be hard pressed to find something other than power dragonhunter that out-bursts soulbeast if memory serves right).

Well, since SB can already can share boons, so it only makes sense to improve their boons if you think their boons aren’t good enough. 

Untamed, on the other hand, wasn’t designed to be a boon support, and it’s highly unlikely the devs are going to add yet another boon support function to untamed slot skills. 

And depending on the usefulness of the spirit rework, the devs are improving boon functions on that to use, so you can load some up when you play untamed.

You probably won’t be happy unless every spec in the game is a boon support, but you’ll just have to accept it won’t happen at some point. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Swagger.1459 said:

Well, since SB can already can share boons, so it only makes sense to improve their boons if you think their boons aren’t good enough. 

Untamed, on the other hand, wasn’t designed to be a boon support, and it’s highly unlikely the devs are going to add yet another boon support function to untamed slot skills. 

And depending on the usefulness of the spirit rework, the devs are improving boon functions on that to use, so you can load some up when you play untamed.

You probably won’t be happy unless every spec in the game is a boon support, but you’ll just have to accept it won’t happen at some point. 

They don't need to improve soulbeast's boon sharing.... it's already got a very powerful role with a high burst profile paired with OWP being super strong right now as on any target that gets it, OWP uses the soulbeast's stats.

If spirits are the only thing that gets a rare boon for ranger (nothing for untamed, druid, soulbeast, or any other utility that might be reworked to share it), then druid will still overshadow untamed because why bother taking an untamed when you could have a heal alac/quick that also does mechanics?

I'm not saying every spec in the game should be a boon support, it's just that soulbeast is not a boon support. It's a DPS spec with a few boons on its unique utilities that, spoiler alert, are barely taken as OWP provides no boons and Vulture Stance has a few at best and is used for the extra poison application on condi builds similar to sharpening stone, not the might generation.

2 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

They don't need to improve soulbeast's boon sharing.... it's already got a very powerful role with a high burst profile paired with OWP being super strong right now as on any target that gets it, OWP uses the soulbeast's stats.

If spirits are the only thing that gets a rare boon for ranger (nothing for untamed, druid, soulbeast, or any other utility that might be reworked to share it), then druid will still overshadow untamed because why bother taking an untamed when you could have a heal alac/quick that also does mechanics?

I'm not saying every spec in the game should be a boon support, it's just that soulbeast is not a boon support. It's a DPS spec with a few boons on its unique utilities that, spoiler alert, are barely taken as OWP provides no boons and Vulture Stance has a few at best and is used for the extra poison application on condi builds similar to sharpening stone, not the might generation.

But since SB can share boons, and you think the boons aren’t good, then it stands to reason to improve those boons…

But wait, if SB is the DPS/Boon Sharing spec, then why does Untamed need to be a DPS/Boon Sharing spec as well? Maybe make Untamed hammer target Allies and give boons, then the slot skills give healing!!!! Then all the specs are unique and special! 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, Swagger.1459 said:

But since SB can share boons, and you think the boons aren’t good, then it stands to reason to improve those boons…

But wait, if SB is the DPS/Boon Sharing spec, then why does Untamed need to be a DPS/Boon Sharing spec as well? Maybe make Untamed hammer target Allies and give boons, then the slot skills give healing!!!! Then all the specs are unique and special! 

1. Not every spec needs to have a dual usage. Dragonhunter as a spec is all in on damage.

2. Like I said, Soulbeast doesn't need improvements- it's already in a very good spot. It doesn't need the boon buff, and it would likely go unused as a boon dps either way.

3. Why gives untamed a supportive route with healing? Druid already covers that. If you mean make hammer into a healing/damage mix then hammer will be nerfed into the ground and function just as well as druid staff does for both damage and healing.

Making untamed into a boon DPS makes much more sense than turning it into something weird and quite honestly useless.

5 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

1. Not every spec needs to have a dual usage. Dragonhunter as a spec is all in on damage.

2. Like I said, Soulbeast doesn't need improvements- it's already in a very good spot. It doesn't need the boon buff, and it would likely go unused as a boon dps either way.

3. Why gives untamed a supportive route with healing? Druid already covers that. If you mean make hammer into a healing/damage mix then hammer will be nerfed into the ground and function just as well as druid staff does for both damage and healing.

Making untamed into a boon DPS makes much more sense than turning it into something weird and quite honestly useless.

1- you are absolutely right! Like Dragonhunter, Untamed needs to stay the damage spec it is.

2- SB sure does need some improvements then. The devs spent an entire year of time and money to create these specs, and the wisest investment would be improving the function they already built into it.

3- Why not? Unlike you, I don’t want copies on the same spec designs over and over. So I’d be all for a no-damage hammer that bashes allies for boon, and slot skills for healing. Definitely unique, ya know? I mean SB got dps and boon sharing covered, Druid got the cruddy heal stick and cruddy avatar, so untamed hammer boons and healing from slot skills is unique. Be so sweet! 

On 4/8/2022 at 7:55 PM, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

See, druid is a heal support. Untamed could be a boon DPS support, like alacrigade or boon catalyst.

Or you know, imagine thinking outside the pve box FOR ONCE.

"Boon dps support"? Lol. Ye, add some aoe quickness to it and buff the hammer damage. Should do it for pve, and that's a wrap.

Maybe accept that this is ranger's spellbreaker and focus on the parts that gave untamed new tools that could be useful in pvp and wvw, where spellbreaker has been solid since the PoF release.

And no, that's not me saying it should stay useless in pve. You guys just need to lighten up a little bit.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1