leveling up wvw rank

chris.9142

11 minutes ago, chris.9142 said:

win train? and i dont play on the us server

The NA servers currently have a problem of large groups stacking all in one place, so they never have to fight a group as big as they are.  They all usually play when not many enemies are on anyway, so they walk around the map pressing 1 to win everything with zero effort.

• Like 1

A couple of the suggestions here do indeed give the best way to level up. Use exp buffs and look for an open tag with a big enough group to cap everything from supply camps to keeps. The third ingredient is time. The more you play, the more you will rank up.

Speaking of exp buffs, I do have a related question - Does anyone know if the Well Rested exp buff from Arborstone works in WvW? It would be nice if it did.

1 hour ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

A couple of the suggestions here do indeed give the best way to level up. Use exp buffs and look for an open tag with a big enough group to cap everything from supply camps to keeps. The third ingredient is time. The more you play, the more you will rank up.

Speaking of exp buffs, I do have a related question - Does anyone know if the Well Rested exp buff from Arborstone works in WvW? It would be nice if it did.

from what i saw on website it dosnt appera to

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Any reason you need ranks fast?

wanting to make legendrys armor but need to get to level 500 to buy the precurors armor  (From rank 185 )and leveling is slow unless you can capturer objectives kills and defending dont earn a lot so slow levels

• Confused 1

So, short of hanging onto a tag that is ‘karma training’ in WvW, the best way is to have a mobile build, use a warclaw, and circle a particular map killing a guard at every enemy tower, taking camps whenever you can safely.  By killing guards, you will get credit for that structure if it flips to your team if you are on that map.

But it requires you being active and running the map along with map awareness.  

If you leave a map and the structure flips, you will not get credit.

Of course, have boosters active.

300 ranks goes quick,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

So, you have all the skirmish tickets?

3 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Any reason you need ranks fast?

To help the confused ones (🤪) these questions were geared towards the base WvW legendary armor does not need a particular rank.  For any weight or piece.

For the shiny, sparkly one, one of the pieces takes rank 500.  (It WAS rank 2000)

So, for many people the gate to legendary WvW armor is not rank, it’s skirmish tickets.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chris.9142 said:

wanting to make legendrys armor but need to get to level 500 to buy the precurors armor  (From rank 185 )and leveling is slow unless you can capturer objectives kills and defending dont earn a lot so slow levels

that ain't gonna happen fast anyways.

for the legy stuff, u need the skirmish claim tickets. they are timegated. on my rank 3000 char, i have not even one full legy set (could have made it tho, just by that time u have all the stuff in ascended quality yet)

the only meaningful way to participate in Wvw is to learn how to combat effectively, then u can always get some farm out of the respective content during primetime

@Strider Pj.2193 u realize that ur wrong? for the LEGENDARY the rank cap was 2000, the SHINY however has nothing to do with legendary. the shiny one is the mistforged triumphant ascended quality stuff.

ergo, u can make legendary stuff straight but it won't have the shiny/high quality optics if u do not own the ascended stage 2.

2 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

for the legy stuff, u need the skirmish claim tickets. they are timegated. on my rank 3000 char, i have not even one full legy set (could have made it tho, just by that time u have all the stuff in ascended quality yet)

the only meaningful way to participate in Wvw is to learn how to combat effectively, then u can always get some farm out of the respective content during primetime

@Strider Pj.2193 u realize that ur wrong? for the LEGENDARY the rank cap was 2000, the SHINY however has nothing to do with legendary. the shiny one is the mistforged triumphant ascended quality stuff.

ergo, u can make legendary stuff straight but it won't have the shiny/high quality optics if u do not own the ascended stage 2.

Umm, no.  Originally the rank cap was only for the mistforged triumphant.  Period.  It was 2000, it is 500 now.

You could craft legendary armor below rank 2000 before.  It just couldn’t be the mistforged triumphant.  

I’ve crafted all three sets.  Please do not put misinformation out there.

5 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

ignor my post then the guid i read was badly worded it said you need rank for the purchesr the of Triumphant Hero's armor but thats for the upgrade misguard version

i was referring to the shiny, did throw things over with the rank i guess. the changes been long time ago tho, i didn't even have the hours back then to own one.

anyways, whoever cares about this: there's a wiki. u can just read it up there

__

about the claim tickets: they are capped weeky. u need them first to buy the basic skin, then to buy ascended ones again like 600 or so per piece and from there u slowly go to legendary, which i think also costs 1000 claim ones per piece

but i just write this out of my brain, its been some time since i did it actually the last time, bc i don't really use legendary armor a lot

___

and the "best" way to levelup is the one the doesn't make u ragequit the game. the zombie karmatrain blobs on several servers that currently are occuring on EU as well are probably fast but boring and harming the gamemode. but yeah, it's everyone's decision how to play

i have a 3000 and a 1000 rank character and i play since 2019march Wvw mostly. but i am focused on actually fighting within the gamemode - and forgetting boosters often enough till i started to put them into shard inventory slots

on support classes, u sadly also gain only like 10% of the ranks that a dps class gains at fighting content

thanks to big daddy anet beeing busy with nerfing everything instead of fixing that issue.

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016

i've looked into it, but it's in the end not worth to craft marks. by now, on my 2019 made account, i have like 130 mark shards (=13 full marks) over needs, and i barely play that account other than for weekly participation

//because its a "dead" (=focused on ppt, barely structured good content) server/link literally any week since over a year