Please add skirmish claim tickets to the jade sliver vendors

blp.3489

I mean, the whole point of a legendary item is to be grindy. It's equivalent of "I played WvW and all I got was this t-shirt."

It has 100% to do with time spent. Some people have this weird idea that having better gear makes you more skilled than other people so it should be measuring skill or kitten size or something. And this may be true in other gear based games, but not this one.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What is needed is an emblem trader that will trade you tickets and clovers for emblems.

You can't predict what will happen if they have emblems to tickets? The ensuing "I don't want to play comped , it's not fair that people zerging and boon balling get more tickets" and the associated "I play support and get far less emblems" is going to happen, mark my words.

The only way around that is if you have a weekly cap but then people will still complain because they have an excess. ArchonWing's solution in the other thread while nice (making emblems currency) doesn't solve the problem for the objective caps unless it happens after you finish two Confluxes. Otherwise you end up with the dilemma of nothing to put in the Mystic Forge to make the Conflux ring if you change Emblem of the Conquerer (the 100 objective caps). Since Emblem of the Avenger (player kills) is now obsolete with the removal of the slumbering conflux recipe that's the one that can be made into currency. Unless you ktrain you're likely to have more kills than caps anyhow.

The only thing I can see happening with respect to skirmish tickets is a lowering the hours required to reach weekly cap since it's been done previously.

Edited by Infusion.7149

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You can't predict what will happen if they have emblems to tickets? The ensuing "I don't want to play comped , it's not fair that people zerging and boon balling get more tickets" and the associated "I play support and get far less emblems" is going to happen, mark my words.

The only way around that is if you have a weekly cap but then people will still complain because they have an excess. ArchonWing's solution while nice (making emblems currency) doesn't solve the problem for the objective caps unless it happens after you finish two Confluxes. Otherwise you end up with the dilemma of nothing to put in the Mystic Forge to make the Conflux ring if you change Emblem of the Conquerer (the 100 objective caps). Since Emblem of the Avenger (player kills) is now obsolete with the removal of the slumbering conflux recipe that's the one that can be made into currency. Unless you ktrain you're likely to have more kills than caps anyhow.

The only thing I can see happening with respect to skirmish tickets is a lowering the hours required to reach weekly cap since it's been done previously.

Have you not been around for the daily/weekly vendor threads on the matter? I thought it was a given that any trade for emblems to tickets/clovers would be limited to daily/weekly caps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Have you not been around for the daily/weekly vendor threads on the matter? I thought it was a given that any trade for emblems to tickets/clovers would be limited to daily/weekly caps.

Of course, but you didn't list that in your post which is an extremely major omission.
Also at no point did I think emblems to skirmish tickets was a good idea whatsoever.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Of course, but you didn't list that in your post which is an extremely major omission.
Also at no point did I think emblems to skirmish tickets was a good idea whatsoever.

As I said, thought it was a given fact at this point. You're free to disagree on the idea, lots of other users liked the idea though. Having a daily and weekly cap on it would negate the issues you brought up above though.

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

As I said, thought it was a given fact at this point. You're free to disagree on the idea, lots of other users liked the idea though. Having a daily and weekly cap on it would negate the issues you brought up above though.

Of course a lot of users like the idea. They want to get their rewards faster without any regard for the longevity of the mode. If there were a suggestion of 2 hours to max skirmish tracks and 50g/hour effective reward tracks people would be all up on that.

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Of course a lot of users like the idea. They want to get their rewards faster without any regard for the longevity of the mode. If there were a suggestion of 2 hours to max skirmish tracks and 50g/hour effective reward tracks people would be all up on that.

Well, at least then it would be as rewarding as PvE.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:58 AM, blp.3489 said:

And the dozen or so of you who jump into every similar thread to say "things are the way they are so they should stay the way they are" (if you want a particular reward do the prescribed activity) maybe you can just skip it this time around and not turn this into dozens of pages of you saying that over and over and over.  Some people understand that change can bring improvement.  If there is a valid reason for things not to change, other than "that is the way things are" then go ahead and explain it but just skip it with the status quo should never change no matter what good things might come out of it

So you and the others that agree with you are the only entitled to say what is good for the game? No, every single comment about this subject is good to be read. Therefore, I will continue with the dozens of pages that says: Let's not do that. Nope.

• Thanks 1

Gotta say, PVEers in this game are infuriating bunch. You wanna have a cake and eat it too?

Oh yeah good kitten idea! Let's kill off other game modes by letting players to purchase any rewards without ever setting foot on raids, strike missions, fractal, etc.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, at least then it would be as rewarding as PvE.

It's exactly that mentality that's a problem. I put 50g/hour because I know it's a ridiculous figure yet you still don't see it is an issue.

PvE is only over 30g/hour if you do mindless farming or leech a chest loot event such as Dragon's Fall champ train rather than stay for the entire meta. The only thing remotely close to 50g/hour is Dragon's End meta (one time a day max due to Antique Summoning Stone) assuming you don't fail it and don't show up for pre-event.
https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

• Dragonfall - The Battle of Dragonfall Champtrain = 52g/hour , 12 min duration  , which is leeching
  •  Sandswept Isles - Specimen Chamber Pre-Event (No Meta) = 51g/hour , 7 min duration and unintended  since the meta is not done and only the preevent
  • Dragon's End full meta no pre-event = 48g/hour if you don't fail and complete it within 30 minutes see the note [fast] Meta-Run, no Pugs
    ---> the same site lists ~32g/hour if you do the pre-event and stay for 1 hour 10 min or more
  • Auric Basin - Octovine (200%→Traitor→27 Exalted Chests)  = 48 g/hour if you only use 8 minutes when in reality the meta can take longer
  • Drizzlewood South = 31g/hour assuming 18 minutes --- this includes valuation of charr commendations for clovers
  • Seitung Province Aetherblade meta = 26g /hour assuming 30 minutes (once per day Hero's Choice chest)
  • Kaineng Blackout = 22g/hour assuming 40 minutes (once per day Hero's Choice chest)
  • Echovald = 17g/hour assuming 20 minutes (once per day Hero's Choice chest)
  • Drakkar = ~11.5g/hour assuming ~15min
  • Auric Basin Bauble ~ 27g/hour for 1 hour 52 min per https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/farmtrain

https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/benchmarks.php

• Dragonfall (repeatable) ~27g/hour assuming ~ 1 hour 39 min duration
  • Auric Bauble Farm (repeatable) ~27g/hour assuming 1 hour 40 min duration , why this isn't nerfed I don't know
  • Drizzlewood South ~26g/hour assuming 1 hour 9 min duration

It's important to note other than the Bauble farm, this is not liquid gold but mostly materials

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's exactly that mentality that's a problem. I put 50g/hour because I know it's a ridiculous figure yet you still don't see it is an issue.

PvE is only over 30g/hour if you do mindless farming or leech a chest loot event such as Dragon's Fall champ train rather than stay for the entire meta. The only thing remotely close to 50g/hour is Dragon's End meta (one time a day max due to Antique Summoning Stone) assuming you don't fail it and don't show up for pre-event.
https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

• Dragonfall - The Battle of Dragonfall Champtrain = 52g/hour , 12 min duration  , which is leeching
  •  Sandswept Isles - Specimen Chamber Pre-Event (No Meta) = 51g/hour , 7 min duration and unintended  since the meta is not done and only the preevent
  • Dragon's End full meta no pre-event = 48g/hour if you don't fail and complete it within 30 minutes see the note [fast] Meta-Run, no Pugs
    ---> the same site lists ~32g/hour if you do the pre-event and stay for 1 hour 10 min or more
  • Auric Basin - Octovine (200%→Traitor→27 Exalted Chests)  = 48 g/hour if you only use 8 minutes when in reality the meta can take longer
  • Drizzlewood South = 31g/hour assuming 18 minutes --- this includes valuation of charr commendations for clovers
  • Seitung Province Aetherblade meta = 26g /hour assuming 30 minutes (once per day Hero's Choice chest)
  • Kaineng Blackout = 22g/hour assuming 40 minutes (once per day Hero's Choice chest)
  • Echovald = 17g/hour assuming 20 minutes (once per day Hero's Choice chest)
  • Drakkar = ~11.5g/hour assuming ~15min
  • Auric Basin Bauble ~ 27g/hour for 1 hour 52 min per https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/farmtrain

https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/benchmarks.php

• Dragonfall (repeatable) ~27g/hour assuming ~ 1 hour 39 min duration
  • Auric Bauble Farm (repeatable) ~27g/hour assuming 1 hour 40 min duration , why this isn't nerfed I don't know
  • Drizzlewood South ~26g/hour assuming 1 hour 9 min duration

It's important to note other than the Bauble farm, this is not liquid gold but mostly materials

And should there be no means of anything resembling similar gold/hour ratios in WvW? Sure the dopamine rush on a stomp is cool and all, but getting gold to buy shiny things is also nice.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And should there be no means of anything resembling similar gold/hour ratios in WvW? Sure the dopamine rush on a stomp is cool and all, but getting gold to buy shiny things is also nice.

No the PVE gold per hour outliers should be cut down instead. It isn't sustainable for their business model to just keep increasing liquidity across the game. In addition, since WVW is the source of multiple legendaries (backpiece , armor, ring(s)) it should be evaluated on the same level as PVP ranked and raids not openworld.

That is precisely why the bulk of EOD rewards are contingent on making EOD legendaries. If you don't make EOD legendaries you aren't going to be farming EOD because the conversions for imperial favor and writs are all accountbound. The only liquidity to be had is more or less from Antique Summoning Stones which aren't gold but highly valued by other players to make EOD currencies such as writs into liquid gold. That's wealth redistribution since new gold isn't generated , the gold someone uses to purchase an EOD legendary isn't new gold introduced into the game.

If your suggestion was to double all memories of battle acquired or something I wouldn't be opposed to it. In actuality someone on the wiki actually calculated it to be 22 weeks for both legendary (nonmistforged) in terms of skirmish tickets and memories of battle so it would mainly benefit people buying the ascended items off the skirmish supervisor. Just keep in mind if you double any resource gain for any WVW currency it also doubles supply which may lead to longterm halving of the price on TP.

Regardless, this topic is pointless because the topic creator is equating a time gated currency to "junk" (what jade slivers replace).

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

No the PVE gold per hour outliers should be cut down instead. It isn't sustainable for their business model to just keep increasing liquidity across the game.

That is precisely why the bulk of EOD rewards are contingent on making EOD legendaries. If you don't make EOD legendaries you aren't going to be farming EOD because the conversions for imperial favor and writs are all accountbound. The only liquidity to be had is more or less from Antique Summoning Stones which aren't gold but highly valued by other players to make EOD currencies such as writs into liquid gold. That's wealth redistribution since new gold isn't generated , the gold someone uses to purchase an EOD legendary isn't new gold introduced into the game.

If your suggestion was to double all memories of battle acquired or something I wouldn't be opposed to it. Just keep in mind if you double any resource gain for any WVW currency it also doubles supply which may lead to longterm halving of the price on TP.

You say this about EoD, but Anet also just announced that they are increasing the EoD meta rewards because they aren't rewarding enough. WvW isn't very rewarding, why should it's reward structure be left behind?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You say this about EoD, but Anet also just announced that they are increasing the EoD meta rewards because they aren't rewarding enough. WvW isn't very rewarding, why should it's reward structure be left behind?

The meta they are talking about is Dragon's End , which is already rewarding if you beat it. It isn't rewarding if you fail it.

Edited by Infusion.7149

On 4/16/2022 at 10:49 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

No the PVE gold per hour outliers should be cut down instead. It isn't sustainable for their business model to just keep increasing liquidity across the game. In addition, since WVW is the source of multiple legendaries (backpiece , armor, ring(s)) it should be evaluated on the same level as PVP ranked and raids not openworld.

If your suggestion was to double all memories of battle acquired or something I wouldn't be opposed to it. In actuality someone on the wiki actually calculated it to be 22 weeks for both legendary (nonmistforged) in terms of skirmish tickets and memories of battle so it would mainly benefit people buying the ascended items off the skirmish supervisor. Just keep in mind if you double any resource gain for any WVW currency it also doubles supply which may lead to longterm halving of the price on TP.

Regardless, this topic is pointless because the topic creator is equating a time gated currency to "junk" (what jade slivers replace).

How about we not nerf the decent grinding methods we have? You're saying that as if it breaks the economy but you need to grind for like 100 hours straight to even afford a legendary.

14 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

How about we not nerf the decent grinding methods we have? You're saying that as if it breaks the economy but you need to grind for like 100 hours straight to even afford a legendary.

You need to be more specific , I have no idea what you are referencing as I didn't say anything about grinding.

2 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

You said that "pve gold per hour outliers should be cut down", I don't see why we should nerf ways to farm gold. 

So you come in with that PVE farm player mentality in thread about skirmish tickets, that's all you need to say really.

It isn't in Arenanet's best interest to have repeatable openworld farms in game whatsoever at the same time they have gold to gems, if you think otherwise you know nothing about economics ,about running a business, or a MMO's development. They nerfed Istan exactly for that reason.

If one place in the game is far more profitable liquid gold than other places without a high skill cap it leads to rewards-driven people shunning harder less rewarding content for the most profitable gold farm. If Arenanet just keeps buffing liquid gold rewards everywhere it just leads to hyperinflation.

Edited by Infusion.7149

8 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

So you come in with that PVE farm player mentality in thread about skirmish tickets, that's all you need to say really.

It isn't in Arenanet's best interest to have repeatable openworld farms in game whatsoever at the same time they have gold to gems, if you think otherwise you know nothing about economics ,about running a business, or a MMO's development. They nerfed Istan exactly for that reason.

If one place in the game is far more profitable liquid gold than other places without a high skill cap it leads to rewards-driven people shunning harder less rewarding content for the most profitable gold farm. If Arenanet just keeps buffing liquid gold rewards everywhere it just leads to hyperinflation.

If you nerf a way to farm gold, then people are just gonna go somewhere else to do it. Cut an hydra's head, another takes it's place. And from what I've noticed so far, the economy has been relatively healthy, so I don't see the problem, besides, what we have right now isn't as broken as Istan pre-nerf. And people are still gonna do harder instanced content because some of it drops exclusive rewards that are not buyable from the TP. Or just for fun really. Thing about "farming" is that it can bore you because you're doing the same content over and over, so players are gonna return to other types of content as well.

Edited by Caliboom.3218

10 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

If you nerf a way to farm gold, then people are just gonna go somewhere else to do it. Cut an hydra's head, another takes it's place. And from what I've noticed so far, the economy has been relatively healthy, so I don't see the problem, besides, what we have right now isn't as broken as Istan pre-nerf. And people are still gonna do harder instanced content because some of it drops exclusive rewards that are not buyable from the TP. Or just for fun really. Thing about "farming" is that it can bore you because you're doing the same content over and over, so players are gonna return to other types of content as well.

Apparently you don't understand the definition of liquidity nor do you understand the idea of parity. Istan did not pump out 30-50s trash drops, it was based off unids.

If you go watch content creators for GW2 they frequently say that harder content is less rewarding than openworld already. Those accountbound rewards are worthless once you have them all.

That's been the argument against the Dragon's End meta since its inception. You can't have harder content with lower rewards than content that does not have a failure state 99% of the time.

Edited by Infusion.7149