[Idea] 2,000 Gems to unlock Griffon mount

Natto.5819

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totally fine that I bought my Hunter with Gems (converted to Gold).Why?It's a rifle skin with the same numbers as a regular exotic rifle.

I am not fine with mounts being bought with Gems.Why?It's the key to a new feature and not a skin for an existing feature a person unlocked by playing.

Excelsior.

A friend & I with the help of the Dulfy guide managed to do this in a week. We are casual players with very busy lives outside game - we only have a couple of hours later in the evening to play most nights. There were parts that were a right pain in the backside and on more than one occasion either me or my friend expressed our frustration in rather colourful language. To get together enough gold for it I had to raid my bank and farm mats to sell on the TP. No doubt there will be others like myself who put that amount of effort in and are proud and happy with their achievement. Me and my friend were both absolutely delighted when we at last had our griffons and we felt it worth the effort we put in.

Having said that...would love to see more than one dye channel on the Griffon and hope that maybe that is something that will be added at some later date. I'm not willing to play the RNG game with the current mount skin adoption licenses - but that is just personal preference and a lack of faith in how lucky I might be to roll a griffon style I like within say the first 3 draws. ;)

@Natto.5819 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:Getting the Griffon isn't really that hard.. even if you only have 1 hour a day to play. You don't have to do all the story parts at one time. You can take a break between each one if you want.

Oh, I don't have PoF, but I want the Griffon. Maybe if they increase the price to 3,000 for non-PoF players, they'll do it? Then maybe 3,500 to unlock and complete the Griffon mastery track? If you have ideas on what else they can monetize, let me know.

I will just quote this as lots of people don't read you don't own PoF.

Even if Anet put it in gemstore for whatever price, you would still have to buy PoF to mount it.

If one wants the Griffon then one should buy PoF like the rest of us.I'm not in favour of buying off the gemstore stuff you can obtain by simply playing the game. On the contrary: I think more stuff should be included in the game's content and be obtained through quests and collections.

Not having enough time/ gold is not a good excuse either because you can work your way towards one goal at the time. Nothing in the game dictates that we should get whatever is available within an hour or a day from its release. This is coming from someone who hasn't gotten the Griffon yet because my in-game priorities lie elsewhere at the moment.

Archived