[Idea] 2,000 Gems to unlock Griffon mount

Natto.5819

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Natto.5819 said:When I see people in town flying around, I get jealous. I really want to get this content, but I don't have the time to go on a quest. Can I just pay you 2,000 Gems to unlock this account wide? Then maybe offer a dragon skin for another 2,000 Gems so I can cosplay as Daenerys.

Why would they give you an actual mount for 2k gold when currently for 2k gold in gem store all you get is a skin pack? (Not actual mount.) No, can't see it happening.

@Natto.5819 said:When I see people in town flying around, I get jealous. I really want to get this content, but I don't have the time to go on a quest. Can I just pay you 2,000 Gems to unlock this account wide? Then maybe offer a dragon skin for another 2,000 Gems so I can cosplay as Daenerys.

That's pretty stupid considering the gold cost is 250g and it costs considerably less than 2,000 Gems when converting it to 250g.

Did I just feed a Troll, I haven't had my morning coffee yet?

@Matick.4132 said:Yeah, how about we start to rethink this stupid idea of playing hard and getting a reward, as it was since aeons, instead of BUY your way to completing a game!

That's how I do my 250g, pretty sure I worked hard for those Gems at my Full Time Job at a hospital, just saying. That said it takes way less Gems to convert to gold than 2,000 Gems to get to 250g.

(I think we're all being trolled here).

@Menadena.7482 said:If the griffon becomes SOP we will probably get Aurene (or the wyvrrn, which they demoed) as something we can buy in-game. Let the babies have their griffons.

Here's the funny thing when you throw the word baby around I get the impression of some no life leech on society that doesn't work and spends most of their time playing GW2 farming instead of working at a full time job and by passing a time sink (how ever small it actually is) to convert Gems to Gold. I did that for my Ascended Armor, Ascended Weapons, and the 250G I needed for my Mount, why because I'm in a place financially in my life where I can blow $100 a month on Gems..

Back to the actual topic though you sure get a lot more gold than 250G when converting 2,000 Gems, I should know, I've actually done it with closer to 4,000 Gems for 800G when I crafted my Light Ascended Set from 'scratch'.

@Majic.4801 said:I'm sure the devs will get right on this...

More likely it will be RNG based, meaning you will have the chance of unlocking either the Griffon, Maudry, or Reforged Calagbolg but on the bright side it's account bound so you will eventually get the thing you want unlocked if you keep buying Gems :+1:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

More likely it will be RNG based, meaning you will have the chance of unlocking either the Griffon, Maudry, or Reforged Calagbolg but on the bright side it's account bound so you will eventually get the thing you want unlocked if you keep buying Gems :+1:

Your proposal to unlock the griffon mount via RNG loot crate is bad. That's the same idea as the mount adoption. I want to pay directly to unlock the mount I want. It helps to make Anet money. They already offer WP unlocking for Gems, so it's no different.

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Your proposal to unlock the griffon mount via RNG loot crate is bad. That's the same idea as the mount adoption. I want to pay directly to unlock the mount I want. It helps to make Anet money. They already offer WP unlocking for Gems, so it's no different.

I was being snarky, you do realize it takes way less than 2,000 gems to get 250G.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

I was being snarky, you do realize it takes way less than 2,000 gems to get 250G.

So what you're saying is that since it already takes almost 2,000 gems to buy the mount via an ingame quest, Anet should charge more to unlock it outright without a quest? So maybe 4,000 gems sounds like a better number to unlock? How much should they charge to unlock and fill the griffon mastery track without leveling?

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

So what you're saying is that since it already takes almost 2,000 gems to buy the mount via an ingame quest, Anet should charge more to unlock it outright without a quest? So maybe 4,000 gems sounds like a better number to unlock? How much should they charge to unlock and fill the griffon mastery track without leveling?

I mean... there IS a way to get every waypoint that you can already get in the game. A few "via an ingame quest" (not really but some in Orr can be blocked/contested behind incomplete quests)

@pah.4931 said:NEWS FLASH. You can already get the mount (the hard part) with real life money. You can buy gold.

Really? They updated the Gem Store so I can buy the mount? When I get home, I'll purchase the griffon unlock from the Gem Store right away! Thanks Anet!

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Natto.5819 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:Getting the Griffon isn't really that hard.. even if you only have 1 hour a day to play. You don't have to do all the story parts at one time. You can take a break between each one if you want.

Oh, I don't have PoF, but I want the Griffon. Maybe if they increase the price to 3,000 for non-PoF players, they'll do it? Then maybe 3,500 to unlock and complete the Griffon mastery track? If you have ideas on what else they can monetize, let me know.

not sure if serious or joking, but in either case.

next patch: Introducing Gemwars. pay now to avoid playing the game.

I thought this thread was some kind of a joke, but seeing your other answers, it's not I guess.

Can't you really see the irony in how you laugh at "paying to avoid playing the game" after you made the thread "let me pay for it because I don't have time to play the game"? :D

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

No, it doesn't. Go play the game to unlock an actual content or just leave the game if you don't want to play. o/

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Natto.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Have you ever looked at the exchange function in the Black Lion Trading Post, I gaurentee you it takes way less Gems to get 250g than 2,000 Gems, probably closer to 1,000 Gems since it takes roughly 100 Gold to get 400 Gems to Gamble for Mount Skins.

Archived