Anyone else having trouble with blinds?

Verdict is Vengence.6912

I just keep getting perma blinded by willbenders in pvp. They get the initiative of choosing when to attack and an advantage of automatic blinds so that you can't time their ports with an attack since you'll miss from blinds. Thieves have always had blinds but it was manageable to a degree.

How do you guys fight willbenders and other classes that have numerous blinds?

You have to anticipate the blinds and clear them with Brawlers recovery, or be willing to toss a throwaway skill to clear it. 

For fighting willbenders, you need to avoid them until they have cast  Reversal of Fortune - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) twice, and Crashing Courage - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W). (If they have Renewed Focus - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) you will need to wait for that second one again)

You can burst when all of those are on cooldown. use rush/Whirlwind/bullscharge to avoid standing in symbols and move away from their ports, and keep an eye out for the "Reversal of Fortune" icon that shows up on their hotbar when they press their heal (If they're not using Shelter - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W))

Basically run until they run out of buttons to press. stagger your damage to make sure they use their [no death] skills, but dont burn your damage skills until you determine whether they have shelter or reversal, and never into deathless courage unless their hp is full.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

Yup. It wasn't as big of an issue as with pre-HoT times, but now more and more specs have access to consistent blinds which as anyone with experience would know would just nearly if not completely neuter a warrior offense. A warrior is reliant on landing its bursts for its perks and boons. If we're consistently blinded, going down is only a matter of time. We need to burn our cleanses to stay alive never mind actually hitting something. It's ridiculous all the blind spam in this game.

Warrior desperately needs a rework for the modern times. I've mained it for SEVEN years. I've learned over the years to work with what I've got, but there is only so much powercreep to shuffle through.

• Like 2

literally every class getting weakness and blind in form of AoE in part of their engagement..that why warrior is gone to shet.

and only bladesworn playable because it ignores blind and is ranged.

oh look, a non warrior started engaging the warrior in melee, the warrior better start dodging lol with all those blinds and weakness, only after warrior can start engaging instead of trading blows in the beginning. imagine a pure melee class that suck at range getting oppressed in melee

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

literally every class getting weakness and blind in form of AoE in part of their engagement..that why warrior is gone to shet.

and only bladesworn playable because it ignores blind and is ranged.

oh look, a non warrior started engaging the warrior in melee, the warrior better start dodging lol with all those blinds and weakness, only after warrior can start engaging instead of trading blows in the beginning. imagine a pure melee class that suck at range getting oppressed in melee

All because warrior, THE MOST predictable profession in the game, handed non-warriors their behinds ready to serve on a silver platter!

5 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

Today I fought a tank necro that was running enfeebling shroud. despite being built glass I glanced them for 300 on berserk and 500 on decapitate, all because after they ate a headbutt they panic pressed their shroud mechanic.

Like imagine doing everything right and then the game going "okay, now you have a 50% chance to not do damage because this necro remembered to press F1 after they were already hit!" 

None of these devs play or respect warrior. It's treated like a training class that handholds the opponent at every turn and I can't wait for them to further disrespect them in June by reworking banners so the warriors already bored out of their mind in pve because their raid build is noninteractive can be slightly less bored. 

They really need to hold on to everyone in that art team because theyre 99% of the reason I log in at all. 

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Today I fought a tank necro that was running enfeebling shroud. despite being built glass I glanced them for 300 on berserk and 500 on decapitate, all because after they ate a headbutt they panic pressed their shroud mechanic.

Like imagine doing everything right and then the game going "okay, now you have a 50% chance to not do damage because this necro remembered to press F1 after they were already hit!" 

None of these devs play or respect warrior. It's treated like a training class that handholds the opponent at every turn. 

problem is that warrior will always have at least one might on it, so necro can corrupt you anytime for weakness

You guys solved it. Warrior should be immune to weakness. We'd be back and it actually makes sense too flavor-wise.

Ok I'd settle for "Weakness on you is less effective" trait, like there are traits to make protection/fury/might better.

Edited by ens.9854

42 minutes ago, ens.9854 said:

You guys solved it. Warrior should be immune to weakness. We'd be back and it actually makes sense too flavor-wise.

Ok I'd settle for "Weakness on you is less effective" trait, like there are traits to make protection/fury/might better.

What are you talking about? Warrior needs no reworks.

Anet has a vision already. Trooper rune, shoutsworn with UD is pretty much what warrior mains always wanted, hell, before even warrior was a thing! What's "Ber-zerk-er" or "Spell-break-er?" never heard of tho. Core? What's that some recipe?

Metabattle rates shotusworn as good, why arent you playing it!!!!!! You are supposed to eat what you are served!!!! 

What do you mean gunblade sucks? It's like totally amazing callback to samurai classic films and super edgy and kitten!!!

yadda yadda

Then teapot says Bladesworn is good, teapot suckers jump the train (not rly having an issue with him, but he is the only meaningful content creator rn) and then this and then that, Warrior mains don't know kitten in the end.

That's how it goes.

kitten I digressed, enjoy reading my rant!

2 hours ago, ens.9854 said:

Chuck that on Berserker and it would be immensely useful as an additional trait tooltip for Burst of Aggression , Bloody Roar , or Blood Reaction

49 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Chuck that on Berserker and it would be immensely useful as an additional trait tooltip for Burst of Aggression , Bloody Roar , or Blood Reaction

Whaaaa?

B-but isn't it quicker and better to make a trait that says "+ x % dmg" than actually make a proper interaction which in the long run is more meaningful like "Weaknesss has a decreased effect on you baseline, you are immune to it in Zerk mode".

I'd actually think that it's more times no dmg buff and no weakness would give better dmg than a dmg modifier getting affected by weakness..