Is there a way to register that we hated a required adventure?

One of the things I've praised GW2 for is the degree to which the player can focus on whatever sorts of activities they enjoy.

But then sometimes there are required adventures, say required to use a new expansion, that can't be avoided and that I hate with a passion.

I'd like to able to register somewhere that I really hated a required adventure, to help with feedback.

Is there a way to do that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

You could make another thread, detailing what you didn't like about the adventure and how you think it could be improved?

I'm not sure if this applies, but adventures in gw2 are activities/minigames in open world where you can score Gold, Silver and Bronze by achieving a set goal. As far as I'm aware, these are optional (unless you want their achievements). Are you talking about personal story chapters gating entry into expansion maps?

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

You could make another thread, detailing what you didn't like about the adventure and how you think it could be improved?

I'm not sure if this applies, but adventures in gw2 are activities/minigames in open world where you can score Gold, Silver and Bronze by achieving a set goal. As far as I'm aware, these are optional (unless you want their achievements). Are you talking about personal story chapters gating entry into expansion maps?

Thanks for answering! I'm probably using the wrong word. I'm talking about the scenarios used for gating things like maps or whole expansions.

I could start a thread about it, but I assume only other players would read that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

Thanks for answering! I'm probably using the wrong word. I'm talking about the scenarios used for gating things like maps or whole expansions.

I could start a thread about it, but I assume only other players would read that.

It's true that doing the story multiple times can be annoying. However, there are alt-friendly solutions that allow you to enter the map while only doing the story once!

1) You could use teleport to friend (I have no friends, so I have no idea why this was the first option that came to mind)

2) You could collect portal scrolls. I'll leave the links so you can check out how to get these for yourself - they're cheap, easy to get and save on waypoint costs!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Season_3_Portal_Tome

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal's_Plea

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Season_4_Portal_Tome

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Icebrood_Saga_Portal_Tome

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arborstone_Portal_Scroll

3) Join a guild. If the guild has a guildhall, you can walk out the front door into an expansion map.

4) Some maps are connected by land bridges (IE. Verdant Brink is accessed by the fort beside the amber fort in the silverwastes). If you complete the story once, all of your characters should be able to use that gate to enter the map.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 3

Thanks again for the advice!

In this case, I can't complete the scenario at all. I can't get into Cantha because I can't Prismatic Leap because of something about my internet connection. If I can't resolve the issue, I can't play End of Dragons at all.

I should probably add that when I started this thread, I didn't realize what the issue was. I just thought I was failing at a jumping puzzle.

Edited by Bronze Centipede.5230
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

In this case, I can't complete the scenario at all. I can't get into Cantha because I can't Prismatic Leap because of something about my internet connection. If I can't resolve the issue, I can't play End of Dragons at all.

What if you invited a friend/guildmate into your party and have them start the story for you? I think that'd be the quickest solution.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

Thank you for the advice. I don't have friends or guild mates, though.

Oof, I felt that.

Well, it might be worth taking a trip to Lions Arch, and asking for help on the map chat. There are a lot of bored people sitting around, and someone maybe willing to help. Or not. It's kind of a mixed bag, really.

Just out of question, are you on the EU or NA server?

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

I'll give that a try!

I'm on a NA server.

I am on NA and would be willing to help today if we are around at the same time and you have not yet found a solution. When are you generally going to be available?

If you are disconnecting from the instance and that is why the skill isn't working, I'm not sure whether this will work, but it is worth a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

some HoT elite spec weapons are behind some awful adventures, specially the reaper one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

I should probably add that when I started this thread, I didn't realize what the issue was. I just thought I was failing at a jumping puzzle.

Can you detail what is the issue with the prismatic leap? Maybe its nothing wrong with your game or internet connection. I dont see how this could be an issue anyway, I sometimes play with very bad internet connection and these type of skills are not interfered by it. And the mission is very forgiving. Often even if you miss the landing the game will just spawn you where you should be.

It helps a lot if you bind the special action key. So you dont need to click it with mouse.

Do you have any quick casting options on? 

Otherwise it works like any ground target skill. You press the skill, aim the ground with your mouse and click. Or if you have quick casting on, hover the mouse on the land spot and click the special action key (needs to be bound for quick casting).  I hope I got the quick cast description correct, I always use it but never really think about it. 

2 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Can you detail what is the issue with the prismatic leap?

It helps a lot if you bind the special action key. So you dont need to click it with mouse.

When I click to jump, I just jump in the air rather than going anywhere. I've seen that others have had this problem too.

Some claim key binding helped them. I tried it, but it didn't help me.

5 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

When I click to jump, I just jump in the air rather than going anywhere. I've seen that others have had this problem too.

Some claim key binding helped them. I tried it, but it didn't help me.

Just to be clear, by "click to jump", is this what happens?

• You click the skill
  • You get a ground-target circle
  • You move the circle to where you want to jump
  • You click the location to jump
  • You leap to the target location Then it just jumps you straight up and down instead of to the target

Or is it failing somewhere else along the line?