The Skyscale Quest Line Is WAY Too Grindy, And Insulting [Merged]

35 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

Ngl, way to lazy to check but if you want to make this argument legit you also need to reference the amount of accounts on gw2efficency that have all of lw4 unlocked. Because otherwise there could be accounts that "want" the mount but can't unlock it. 

I really enjoy skyscale and it has replaced 90% of my mount usage, if you want it, put in the effort of either doing the collection or download taco and follow a line for 2h.

Whats next? Turtle too hard because you need to farm kale? Would be a shame if it was locked behind some cruel strike mission or something... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Drennon.7190 said:

Keep the barrier to entry extremely high 👍

I’m sure that will retain new players. 

"Barrier to entry" of what exactly? 🤔

8 hours ago, AnzuZuzu.8275 said:

also not everyone has the time to play 4 hours min

And you need those "4 hours min" for... which part of the acquisition process?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Drennon.7190 said:

As I’ve stated multiple times, my only complaint is with skyscale. 

But if you don’t like it then simply don’t do it. Skyscale is completely optional and not needed for anything in the game. 
But it you want the skyscale then do what is required, just like everyone else. It already got a lot faster to get it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm not going to dive into the back and forth. I'll just give my 2 cents.

It took me a good while to get all the mounts and skyscale was a big undertaking for sure. But it was 100% worth it and looking back I wouldn't have it any other way. It's an undertaking that you know everyone you see on a skyscale has done. It's a milestone for your account, not just another toy to throw on the heap and forget about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, seldomseenkd.4320 said:

There's nothing hard about unlocking these mounts, it's just tedious.

If these rewards were gated behind engaging content (that people would run even if these rewards weren't attached) then you'd have far less complaints.

This will obviously be different between the players, so this is nothing more than asking for everyone to be able to unlock anything they want passively as added rewards for what they're already getting. No structure in the mmorpg quests/reward acquisition allowed, eh?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, seldomseenkd.4320 said:

Wasn't even remotely what I said but whatever.

"If these rewards were gated behind engaging content (that people would run even if these rewards weren't attached) then you'd have far less complaints."

What exactly does this mean then? Are you saying players don't/wouldn't/didn't play LW4 if it wasn't for skyscale? Because pretty sure that's false. If that's also not what you're saying then... really, what is it?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, seldomseenkd.4320 said:

If these rewards were gated behind engaging content (that people would run even if these rewards weren't attached) then you'd have far less complaints.

Like the turtle behind the strike mission and the DE meta? Sure, there weren’t any complaints. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Pheex.8932 said:

I'm not going to dive into the back and forth. I'll just give my 2 cents.

It took me a good while to get all the mounts and skyscale was a big undertaking for sure. But it was 100% worth it and looking back I wouldn't have it any other way. It's an undertaking that you know everyone you see on a skyscale has done. It's a milestone for your account, not just another toy to throw on the heap and forget about.

This. So much this 

It is a pain of a quest line. But it has changed how I play every day. It makes in game life so much easier. This week, I just started on the collections again to help my family members unlock them. It'll take a couple of weeks. But it'll be well worth it, imo.

• Like 1

The quest is a pain in the kitten, but so what. 

No one is forcing anyone to do it, it isn't a necessity.  I work on it when I feel like it and when it is done, it's done.  This is all my personal opinion.  Now the turtle...I don't see a need for me to worry about that either.  If/when I look at what I need to do I'll either work on that or not. 

• Like 2

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

This. So much this 

It is a pain of a quest line. But it has changed how I play every day. It makes in game life so much easier. This week, I just started on the collections again to help my family members unlock them. It'll take a couple of weeks. But it'll be well worth it, imo.

But that's just it.  The complaint/request is that the quest requires too much grind, so those in favor of the thread want skyscale acquisition to be much easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, seldomseenkd.4320 said:

It means creating engaging story-based content that turns unlocking mounts into a memorable experience rather than a chore. It doesn't mean lazily bolting it onto content that already exists in game that has nothing to do with mounts.

This collection is the way of creating a story-based content without making it the equivalent/continuation of personal story. And yet some people still complain about it -it's pretty obviously not because of the story, it's because it needs them to do something more than talk to npc.

If you actually read this thread, it's not about it somehow not being "story based" (since, again, it is story based), so what you're saying here just doesn't seem to be "it".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, seldomseenkd.4320 said:

Yes, my point is that the "story" currently in-game is lazy "that'll do" content that nobody would do if there was no rewards attached.

How is that story lazy?

Also, as I've said before that content was and is played regardless of skyscale acquisition, so false.

4 minutes ago, seldomseenkd.4320 said:

Question: Do you think that, for example, the gryphon unlock quest-chain can not be improved upon? Where does it come on your list of top 10 gaming experiences? Would it even get into the top 100?

I'm not making a "top list", the skyscale acquisition is better for me, since from what I remember -and it was a while- the griphon was mostly throw gold at it. If you're talking about "lazy", that one's easly more fitting than the skyscale collections.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1