As a mirage. In pvp

JunkJunk.8971

• 2 weeks later...

jesus christ, not a single good pvp mesmer responded, its pathetic, every single one of them quit the game XD.
as for your question, it will depend on the build, if you play power you shatter whenever you can land it, same thing with condi shatter mirage, if you run condi with staff you can hold onto them more.
Its better to hold onto quick clone generating skills then hold onto clones as they die really fast.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

jesus christ, not a single good pvp mesmer responded, its pathetic, every single one of them quit the game XD. 

Very true. Few people are playing and its like an abusive toxic relationship that they cant leave. 

as for your question, it will depend on the build, if you play power you shatter whenever you can land it, same thing with condi shatter mirage, if you run condi with staff you can hold onto them more.

I'd say on power it would depends as if you are able to pull of gs2 burst soon or not, if you are not able to do so and stuck on sword/torch, it depends on the situation, you can do like sw3 immob into F1 shatter. 

F2 on power build is... when you dont have F1 up but you want to do some damage while on sword and power build mostly revolves around your ability to land GS combo as otherwise you wont kill anyone with your puny sword alone.

For condi mirage... depends on the build, roaming garbage mirage is like - torch 4-5 blink on top of a person (or jaunt on it), start axe2 F2 asap, so he gets loaded with condis.

I dont know whatever kind of staff mirage is existing there, I used to play ineptitude and staff clones can put some pressure so its worth keeping them alive unless someone specially targets them, you can F1 but not like it will hurt them too much.

F3 on power is whatever you feel its necessary, interrupting healing skills, preventing your opponent from landing heavy hitting skills on you. Same for the condi mirage I guess.

Its better to hold onto quick clone generating skills then hold onto clones as they die really fast.

Playing mesmer means you know that your clones instadie when someone breath on it and you produce your clones next to your enemy and shatter them asap(ideally, because your clones might be lost in pathing or die on their way) like gs2 combo, sw3 into shatter combo.

TLDR - You shatter whenever you want to do something meaningful, not because you have 2-3 clones just because they exist, but avoid producing tons of clones when you alrdy have 2-3. The right feeling of when to shatter will come with time but is it worth it when its on the very bottom?

On 5/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, Ombras.2853 said:

Like the user above said.

Why would you ever shatter whenever you can on Mirage, dunno.

After reading that I would highly recommend to avoid reading comments of that person, ever.🙀

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

As a mirage you should never shatter your clones unless you know you can burst them down safely/interrupt. Mirage unlike other Mesmer specs benefit more with clones being up.

1. You are overcapping on Clones and you can have another 2+ clones up right away.

2. Bursting someone down.

3. Interrupting 

This is generally the golden rule for playing mirage but in sPvP it gets tricky keeping your clones alive when you are node defending because of how small the area is and clones dying WAYYYY too quick.