New player with fractal problems

A day or two ago, one of the dailies was a 25. I tried with like 2 or 3 groups to beat the last boss, and we never even saw the last phase. The spike in difficulty was way out of proportion, imo. 

The other players in my group were way more experience than me, judging by their mastery number. They seem to be dying very much. Obviously this is probably just them not picking up on the mechanics, or somehow playing that long and still not knowing them. How do I find better organized groups where I can learn and play with like minded people?

My last question is about my rings. Do rings not have place for sigil or rune?

30 minutes ago, Average.7901 said:

A day or two ago, one of the dailies was a 25. I tried with like 2 or 3 groups to beat the last boss, and we never even saw the last phase. The spike in difficulty was way out of proportion, imo. 

The other players in my group were way more experience than me, judging by their mastery number. They seem to be dying very much. Obviously this is probably just them not picking up on the mechanics, or somehow playing that long and still not knowing them. How do I find better organized groups where I can learn and play with like minded people?

if the are ascended you can only slot agony infusions into them the exotic slot is backed into the core stats of the ring.

Check the differance bettwen a exotic lvl 80 and a ascended ring stat wise.

Edit

To find like minded players ask in your guild, in 1-25 you will mostly (like 95%) find newbies like yourself no matter their mastery level.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Average.7901 said:

The mastery level doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to their capabilities. Many people hop into fractals and think they can do  well enough with only exotic gear.

And then there is the issue with Sunqua Peak being overtuned for T1 and T2. As far as I am aware, Arenanet never went back to adjust it for the lower tiers.

My advice is to just ignore Sunqua Peak on T1 and T2. It's too long and the target player groups for T1 and T2 usually can't handle the boss. I've even been in decent T3 groups that couldn't beat Sunqua Peak on T1.

In shot, Sunqua Peak is not worth doing with random people you don't know you can trust to play efficient enough.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Trinkets (rings, accessories, amulets) don't get a slot for runes or sigils. At Exotic and lower levels they have space for an upgrade they lose it at the ascended level for something called an infusion slot.

More organized play in fractals doesn't appear or become more relevant in LFG until T3. Some T2 groups have healers, a lot won't. Once you reach T4 just about every group is organized and clear times are under an hour for the entirely daily.

Fractal 25 is uniquely harder than the others at t1, even if you have an organized group from t2 or t3 they can still struggle with it. Knowing the mechanics isn't really enough with this one and people have complained for awhile that the lower tier versions are too difficult. I've seen t2 groups take 30 minutes or more on the last boss because their damage just isn't high enough. A tip for the final boss that might help you during the water phase when the whirlpool in the middle appears don't attack or some of the damage is reflected back to the party.

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The mastery level doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to their capabilities. Many people hop into fractals and think they can do  well enough with only exotic gear.

And then there is the issue with Sunqua Peak being overtuned for T1 and T2. As far as I am aware, Arenanet never went back to adjust it for the lower tiers.

My advice is to just ignore Sunqua Peak on T1 and T2. It's too long and the target player groups for T1 and T2 usually can't handle the boss. I've even been in decent T3 groups that couldn't beat Sunqua Peak on T1.

In shot, Sunqua Peak is not worth doing with random people you don't know you can trust to play efficient enough.

this is a great response, ty. overall, i really felt that fight was an ok mix of mechanics, though i think they happen a bit too frequently, and they are obviously overtuned. fractals, so far, i feel are overly mechanical. there are a few where i have absolutely no idea what is going on. the one with all the different rooms comes to mind. i have no clue all the things taking place there. are strikes a little more straightforward? i just want to go through my rotation, maybe dodge some things and get back to dps.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vidit.7108 said:

Trinkets (rings, accessories, amulets) don't get a slot for runes or sigils. At Exotic and lower levels they have space for an upgrade they lose it at the ascended level for something called an infusion slot.

More organized play in fractals doesn't appear or become more relevant in LFG until T3. Some T2 groups have healers, a lot won't. Once you reach T4 just about every group is organized and clear times are under an hour for the entirely daily.

Fractal 25 is uniquely harder than the others at t1, even if you have an organized group from t2 or t3 they can still struggle with it. Knowing the mechanics isn't really enough with this one and people have complained for awhile that the lower tier versions are too difficult. I've seen t2 groups take 30 minutes or more on the last boss because their damage just isn't high enough. A tip for the final boss that might help you during the water phase when the whirlpool in the middle appears don't attack or some of the damage is reflected back to the party.

25 sunqua is perfect as a tier endboss. It should maybe even have an enrage so people who spend 30min on it know that they are doing something wrong. cm solo kill was done in 16min afaik.

I've been in groups that would have spend 30min without me on the endboss. there needs to be some kind of check to keep players on bad builds from accessing higher tiers. 

The fight is very simple after you do it more than once. you cant lower dmg because mechanics would be pointless then. the entire water phase is already pointless in t1+t2 since you cant get 10 stacks on these tiers at all. Problems i encountered when carrying players through t1:

• completely useless builds with no synergy even in t3. i found a hammer tank herald there for example. 
  • nobody attacks the boss. some players achieve 500dps and below. auto attacking on lb as slb would already do like 5k dps minimum.
  • dodge key not used
  • mechanics ignored. works fine in all the other fractals. ignoring arkks skull/cc in SO should be an insta wipe in all tiers. ignoring the skull is not even a wipe in cm.
On 5/8/2022 at 11:45 PM, Average.7901 said:

Guild Wars 2 university: a discord community that teaches new players and has lfg channels.

Mistlocked: Fractal discord community with lfg channel.

Discretize.eu: Fractal website and discord server. has lots of fractal guides and builds.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Don’t take me wrong. But if you’re still at the phase of “can I apply runes to my rings?”, maybe complaining about your party is probably not the best choice.

Fractals T1 is a good introduction to endgame content, you're expected to start doing them as soon as your first character reaches lv80 (you even get an mail). The 3 months old me on the game also had a LOT of questions when I started learning this game and it's ok to ask other people about them, it's the basic process of learning.

Took me less than 2 months to reach T4 CMs with a proper power build and asc gear, pugged everything, and I remember people do hold you back at times, in T3 I wasn't really the best player, but it's really common to be the last one standing alive when everyone else dies to random aoes, this might be OP experience on sunqua t1.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

25 sunqua is perfect as a tier endboss. It should maybe even have an enrage so people who spend 30min on it know that they are doing something wrong. cm solo kill was done in 16min afaik.

I've been in groups that would have spend 30min without me on the endboss. there needs to be some kind of check to keep players on bad builds from accessing higher tiers. 

The fight is very simple after you do it more than once. you cant lower dmg because mechanics would be pointless then. the entire water phase is already pointless in t1+t2 since you cant get 10 stacks on these tiers at all. Problems i encountered when carrying players through t1:

• completely useless builds with no synergy even in t3. i found a hammer tank herald there for example. 
  • nobody attacks the boss. some players achieve 500dps and below. auto attacking on lb as slb would already do like 5k dps minimum.
  • dodge key not used
  • mechanics ignored. works fine in all the other fractals. ignoring arkks skull/cc in SO should be an insta wipe in all tiers. ignoring the skull is not even a wipe in cm.

Guild Wars 2 university: a discord community that teaches new players and has lfg channels.

Mistlocked: Fractal discord community with lfg channel.

Discretize.eu: Fractal website and discord server. has lots of fractal guides and builds.

Bro, you are a god. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 12:45 AM, Average.7901 said:

Generally Sunqua peak is the hardest fractal on the first try and becomes one of the easiest once you get used to it, Because everything boss does is aoe mechanics and it is always the same order everytime (tho it may change depending or the dps boss may skip some phases if you dps it  too fast etc) sometimes people do it without even getting damaged in t4 because boss becomes so predictable but it is fair for new players to struggle , i had the same issues when i did it for the first time, you'll start to play from muscle memory after the 3rd or 4th kill so keep trying 

Edited by Serperior.6541