Refresh rates changes set to dx9 only

Its nessecary for fun optimal performance to select my actual refresh rate, on 'default' it is choppier and slower. 

It was fibe for years there sewmed to be no problem, i am losing 25% of buffer precision, its made it not fun to play anymore without that option.

Why was it taken away?

Before this weeks patch it was doing just fine...

I presume you are ironing out a performance bug as dx11 is taken out of ita beta?

It would be great to know..  if anytime soon you could re-instate the refresb rates for dx11 too that wohld be handy, as actually now the performance is quite a but less at 'default'. So slow actually i have been put off playing, like one is put off their food... 

It was fine yesterday why did you have to change it? That took all my fun away

Where is somekne with good gpu understanding whe  you need them :/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Under DX11, you are only able to use the refresh rate that you have set for your monitor in your Windows (or graphics card settings, see nVidia Control Panel, for instance). Also, there is no fullscreen mode, so use windowed fullscreen.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:13 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Under DX11, you are only able to use the refresh rate that you have set for your monitor in your Windows (or graphics card settings, see nVidia Control Panel, for instance). Also, there is no fullscreen mode, so use windowed fullscreen.

Ive also read that and it doesnt make sense. We could change the refresh rate on Dx11 before they suddenly made this post.

"On DirectX 9, this only works when in exclusive full-screen. Since this setting does not work for DirectX 11"

Utter nonsense,they changed something to their engine again while this was working fine before.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

We could change the refresh rate on Dx11 before they suddenly made this post.

No, we couldn't. People were complainig about their refresh rate being lowered to 60 Hz when they used fullscreen during the DX11 beta, regardless of what refresh rate they had chosen in the in-game settings.

23 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Utter nonsense,they changed something to their engine again while this was working fine before.

It wasn't and you obviously don't understand that this has nothing to do with the game but with Microsoft Windows and DirectX 11.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Correction.
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No, we couldn't. People were complainig about their refresh rate being lowered to 60 FPS when they used fullscreen during the DX11 beta, regardless of what refresh rate they had chosen in the in-game settings.

It wasn't and you obviously don't understand that this has nothing to do with the game but with Microsoft Windows and DirectX 11.

Yes we could change the refreshrate Pre patch,otherwise i wouldnt say it. I could change my refreshate rate to 240hz untill a patch ago,where i now cant even select it because its greyed out and has no response when clicking on it. Before I had the option to use 50 uptill 240hz in DX11. I even made a post on the forum a while back because i could only select 240hz when i had my monitor oc'd to 280hz where the option wasnt available in Dx11 but was available in Dx9. Please dont call me a liar if you dont know wth youre even talking about.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

18 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Yes we could change the refreshrate Pre patch

It would show you the supposed refresh rate you selected, but it would not run at that refresh rate and instead lock you @ 60 Hz.

Please dont call me a liar

That's your (weird) interpretation of my previous response. No one called you a liar, I merely stated that you are wrong.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Correction.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It would show you the supposed refresh rate you selected, but it would not run at that refresh rate and instead lock you @ 60 FPS.

It did not lock me at 60fps.i average way above 100. Look Im not saying things without knowing what ive seen and what im talking about.

I mean...

This Should say enough,let me paste it again just for you.

Yes we could change the refreshrate Pre patch,otherwise i wouldnt say it. I could change my refreshate rate to 240hz untill a patch ago,where i now cant even select it because its greyed out and has no response when clicking on it. Before I had the option to use 50 uptill 240hz in DX11. I even made a post on the forum a while back because i could only select 240hz when i had my monitor oc'd to 280hz where the option wasnt available in Dx11 but was available in Dx9. And it did run in the refreshrate i selected because i could see that in my monitors menu. Please dont call me a liar if you dont know wth youre even talking about.

Meaning my Fps was NOT locked at 60 fps and my Hz was NOT locked at 60 neither. Meaning I now am unable to change my refreshrate At All on Dx11 while before I was able too. How hard is this to understand ?

And No, Im not wrong. In what way would I even be wrong ? Were unable to change refreshrate now ,Check ! We could could change refreshrate before the patch and that note, Check ! I even told you i made a post a while back because i couldnt select a higher Oc Hz. So wth  am im wrong about ?

You tell me we couldnt change the refreshrate before the patch while i just told you i could and even made a post about it,so yes,you are calling me a liar.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

Changing the refresh rate is a feature of exclusive full screen, which DX11 never supported, so the option shouldn't have had any effect. If it did anything, it would have only served as a frame limiter (x Hz = x FPS).

Exactly.

It did not lock me at 60fps.i average way above 100.

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant Hz and wrote FPS. No wonder we were arguing. My bad.

There is no "average" for refresh rates. The refresh rate is a set number, and in the DX11 beta it was locked to 60 Hz, from what other people were reporting (I opt'd out of the beta early on due to texture issues, so I can't speak from my own experience).

Now, in the current implementation, you can run the game at your monitor's highest possible refresh rate in Windowed Fullscreen mode under DX11, something that wasn't working during the beta.

And as stated before, DX11 doesn't support Fullscreen mode. Windowed Fullscreen is what you need, and there should be no issue with the refresh rate at all.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/15/2022 at 2:55 PM, Healix.5819 said:

Changing the refresh rate is a feature of exclusive full screen, which DX11 never supported, so the option shouldn't have had any effect. If it did anything, it would have only served as a frame limiter (x Hz = x FPS).

DX11 does support exclusive fullscreen - even DX12 does.

Why don't you all just read the link a few postings above?

ANet does not support exclusive fullscreen for GW2 in its DX11 mode and their explanation is that it doesn't matter performance wise as the current state of Microsoft's full screen optimisations works so good that the performance of the (borderless) window mode is almost identical to exclusive fullscreen.

This is a pretty ridiculous statement because performance isn't the only reason a user might want to set a game to exclusive fullscreen mode.

Anyway: When you set the DX11 checkbox, then GW2 runs in borderless window no matter whether you select fullscreen or borderless window in the options menu. That's the reason why Windows forces the game to use VSync because Windows uses VSync itself and you can not run a borderless window with other VSync settings than the OS in the background.

But as we have learned from ANet: exclusive fullscreen is just about performance, right?! 😄

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 11 months later...