nerf turtle (no joke)

50 minutes ago, lysico.1297 said:

Never seen turtle in pvp match

You have to alt + f4 to summon turtle.

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

if you can't fix the Mount bug in ffa, than just nerf the turtle in pvp only to 0.01-0.000001 idk. you can meme here a bit but the turtle needs to leave ffa

Turtle is fine. Enjoy being able to use it in pvp.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Turtle related but off topic.

In one of my homes, an architect and I designed and installed a Koi Pond in the back yard and with it, we have 2 turtles (not tortoise coz I don't think they can swim) 

Kinda high maintenance because the pond needs aeration and cleaned up every month. The cleaner literally has to to wear scuba gear to also clear the bottom of dirt and scum. 

The turtles are lower maintenance. I love them and might buy another one. 

You guys should install a Koi Pond in your back yard. Surround it with trees, grass and hedges along with a couple benches to relax and meditate. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You have to alt + f4 to summon turtle.

Did this in my last match.  Instead of summoning my turtle, my desktop popped up and I got thank you letters from my team for dishonoring myself and leaving with my ele.  Is this a bug?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Fighting Players Not mounts

Well, I don't think that is correct. I'll explain.  Consoles used at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion's_Rest allow for more than players to be used in the arena. Npcs, object, aoe. 

Players can still provide support to those close enough to columns or sides. No one cares about your duel. This means many players can gang up on you and wipe the floor with your face.

I don't see any rules or bans to the use of a Turtle, and it adds more to chaos. Go to a dueling room if you want structure.

• Confused 1

Just now, Gundam Style.8495 said:

Well, I don't think that is correct. I'll explain.  Consoles used at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion's_Rest allow for more than players to be used in the arena. Npcs, object, aoe. 

Players can still provide support to those close enough to columns or sides. No one cares about your duel. This means many players can gang up on you and wipe the floor with your face.

I don't see any rules or bans to the use of a Turtle, and it adds more to chaos. Go to a dueling room if you want structure.

Champions Rest ist the VIP area above the arena, do you even know what the ffa is?

42 minutes ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

It's a bug. None of the stuff you listed about the Champions Rest or players outside the arena is relevant. 

Fix the bug. End of story. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

It's a bug. None of the stuff you listed about the Champions Rest or players outside the arena is relevant. 

Fix the bug. End of story. 

No, I and others think it's fine. They need to focus on other things. Get use to this. 

It's a free for all arena, no rules.

End of story.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

No, I and others think it's fine. They need to focus on other things. Get use to this. 

End of story.

i realy cant hear it anymore xD

this issnt neccessarily about the ffa arena, its about people that abuse a bug to get an advantage over other players.

it basicly is against the terms of service of THE GAME.

And if you wanna be superstraight about it. It can be abused for pvp rewards also, since you can complete your pvp daylies in the ffa arena.

10 minutes ago, Dari.3654 said:

i realy cant hear it anymore xD

this issnt neccessarily about the ffa arena, its about people that abuse a bug to get an advantage over other players.

it basicly is against the terms of service of THE GAME.

And if you wanna be superstraight about it. It can be abused for pvp rewards also, since you can complete your pvp daylies in the ffa arena.

An advantage over players? Lol. I've already mentioned implanted and intended mechanics.  One other thing is, if me and several of my guildies/friends work together in FFA against loners to crush them, then what?

There is nothing competitive about the FFA, and by your logic the whole concept goes against the TOS

If anything getting the kills daily might be a bug, but no one has an issue with it.

Edited by Gundam Style.8495

38 minutes ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

End of story.

Nobody cares if you think it's fine. It's a bug and needs to be fixed. You might condone exploits, but the rest of us don't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Nobody cares if you think it's fine. It's a bug and needs to be fixed. You might condone exploits, but the rest of us don't. 

It's not an exploit. This area is a non competitive playground. Can you prove it is a bug and not intended? The area allows for lots of trolling, from champions rest, ganging up on one person, interrupting duels, perma stealth, healing and support from out of the sides, leaving by climbing to a certain rock,gliding out.

It is not a competitive area, it's a free for all arena. This adds a little more spice and not everyone is doing it anyways. Nobody cares if you don't think it's fine.

4 minutes ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

It's not an exploit. This area is a non competitive playground. Can you prove it is a bug and not intended? The area allows for lots of trolling, from champions rest, ganging up on one person, interrupting duels, perma stealth, healing and support from out of the sides, leaving by climbing to a certain rock,gliding out.

It is not a competitive area, it's a free for all arena. This adds a little more spice and not everyone is doing it anyways. Nobody cares if you don't think it's fine.

man if it was supposed to be intendet, you would just be able to mount anyways and wouldnt have to drop down a certain spot and abuse a mastery to remove a debuff xD

what are you even on about.

beside this most of the stuff you mentioned (beside the support from outside of the arena) is just part of pvp. you will get ganked, you will get interrupted and there might be permastealthing DE's.

in no other gamemode you will get blasted by a turtle for 20k across the entire area :')

28 minutes ago, Dari.3654 said:

man if it was supposed to be intendet, you would just be able to mount anyways and wouldnt have to drop down a certain spot and abuse a mastery to remove a debuff xD

what are you even on about.

beside this most of the stuff you mentioned (beside the support from outside of the arena) is just part of pvp. you will get ganked, you will get interrupted and there might be permastealthing DE's.

in no other gamemode you will get blasted by a turtle for 20k across the entire area :')

But we are not discussing pvp, the topic is a free for all with many different mechanics than pvp.

1. Player can spawn npcs, disruptions and AOE from outside of the arena to troll. This is by design, and it is trolling, lol.

2. You can receive aid from players outside of the ffa combat zone, and can also do it yourself for others to troll.

3. You can set your portal, spectral walk, or preparation and jump into combat, and zip out to troll.

4. Duels are not sacred here, standing around with the cool kids isn't either. Everyone is fighting everyone.

5. You can surrender after making your opponent bur. Their cool downs, or right before being down, and come back in to gank them.

6. You can glide away or get to a rock within the arena and mount your griffin and leave.

7. Gather up your clique and take turns wafflestomping newbs and try hard with false "honor rules".

The whole arena is a distraction, no rules, free for all playground.

It's not pvp, at best it's a warmup or build testing area in that sense. Nothing says play one way or the other to win, because you don't win.

There is no winning, no advantage 

6 minutes ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

But we are not discussing pvp, the topic is a free for all with many different mechanics than pvp.

1. Player can spawn npcs, disruptions and AOE from outside of the arena to troll. This is by design, and it is trolling, lol.

2. You can receive aid from players outside of the ffa combat zone, and can also do it yourself for others to troll.

3. You can set your portal, spectral walk, or preparation and jump into combat, and zip out to troll.

4. Duels are not sacred here, standing around with the cool kids isn't either. Everyone is fighting everyone.

5. You can surrender after making your opponent bur. Their cool downs, or right before being down, and come back in to gank them.

6. You can glide away or get to a rock within the arena and mount your griffin and leave.

7. Gather up your clique and take turns wafflestomping newbs and try hard with false "honor rules".

The whole arena is a distraction, no rules, free for all playground.

It's not pvp, at best it's a warmup or build testing area in that sense. Nothing says play one way or the other to win, because you don't win.

There is no winning, no advantage 

some fair points there, some less valid, but when you said " its an area for testing and warmup" you kinda showed yourself why the turtle is a problem

you wont test stuff or warmup when there is a turtle around. One mortar and testing time is over.

anyways.

1) i can understand the NPC you can spawn in the arena, since theyre part of pvp. i dont realy understand the other 2 things you can do, BUT theyre basicly harmless

2) mentioned earlier. id say this also should be adressed.

3) thats just what ports do. another thing would be the portal gun.

4) what? ( most people wouldnt actualy expect that anyways)

5) your own cooldowns wont reset after respawning either. ....i think.

6) again ...what? ( you cant glide in arena)

7) your point?