[PvP] Power Trapper Soulbeast

Downstate.4697

Doesn’t bring enough to the table vs top 10 duo ques. But then again, I don’t believe any soulbeast builds do anymore. 

I never have any luck with that entangle so I take one wolf pack instead along with warhorn. Axe just too easy to interrupt these days, even with dollys stance. Owp+hunters call followed by swap weapon into lb4-2 is fun tho. And if they get close, prelude lash into spike trap for some more lulls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

It can be once you get higher than plat 1. Its a fun build for people that dont enjoy meta builds. Its prob a worse version of dh trapper overall in terms of survivability

I think it plays better than DH trapper as rangers have a lot more cc skills to lock down targets, but yes it lacks in terms of survivability.

Hey, maybe you should try it on Core Ranger, Change slb With wilderness survival and you gain mostly the same but in a was tankier shape http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAMxflVwoYesL2JW2Ppr6BEB-zZIPlMFB9KEKYCUyCQhDA i Made There a Few Changes

Elite cleanse now 2 condis and lightning Reflex is a stunbreak on a lower cd, that also removes imob and removes 2 aditional conditions and Brings your a Bit out of the Trouble.

Only a Suggestion Not a "your build is Trash use this comment". I Like your Idea and i was Testing, Different stuff but With the same Idea behind

• Like 1

I tried to play a power trapper on multiple occasions because I wanted to move away from the classic marksmanship / wilderness survival /beastmastery combo and go for skirmishing / nature magic. I think I got the best results with core ranger and axe + anything (I like warhorn but dagger is strong too) / gs and owl for more freeze. It was really satisfying to have my own build working.

Frost trap has an incredibly strong effect and a lot of potential to be really annoying. The first thing I tried when I started eod was to get some value out of untamed restorative strikes with frost trap, hammer and off hand axe for some more aoe damage and get in teamfights. Sadly the sustain / damage did not work out in PvP where people move a lot and staying still is dangerous (but it is great in PvE)

Edited by aymnad.9023