Suggestion - Change Avian Sharpshooter Achieve.

Only ever seen this up once. Also a bit messy. It shows where arrows are but not the bow? Spent almost the whole event looking for the bow. After finally finding the bow and shooting maybe 3 targets the event was over. I think this one is just going on the ignore list.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I remember the one from Grothmar - yes, way better design. Also for the relics event in Echovald and the one with the tree ... it is much easier to complete.

Here everytime I'm there when it starts I need to first find the NPC to give the bow. Then some mobs are annoying. I guess unless you are pretty much dedicated to wait for this event - and only wanting to do this (which is boring) ... waiting at the NPC at some off time (while using the wiki hints for the locations of the targets) - it will be impossible. You might slowly advance the other achievments. The 10 in a seem to have no scaling though.

Feels almost as if this is set to 10 in total - if 1 other player hits 1 ... you can only to 9 or so? Lol. Linear scaling might help though. I don't really need it - have enough mastery points from other stuff and the achievement points are minor. But it really feels balanced weirdly compared to the other similar events. Does not help that everyone seems to be missing this - and trying/waiting for it. 😄

Forest warfare thingy seems to have 2 that complete too fast as well. The one at Altrumm and the mine defusing one. Just too easy to solo when you know what you are doing (ignoring mobs just doing the thing and speed rushing it).

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I remember the one from Grothmar - yes, way better design. Also for the relics event in Echovald and the one with the tree ... it is much easier to complete.

Here everytime I'm there when it starts I need to first find the NPC to give the bow. Then some mobs are annoying. I guess unless you are pretty much dedicated to wait for this event - and only wanting to do this (which is boring) ... waiting at the NPC at some off time (while using the wiki hints for the locations of the targets) - it will be impossible. You might slowly advance the other achievments. The 10 in a seem to have no scaling though.

Feels almost as if this is set to 10 in total - if 1 other player hits 1 ... you can only to 9 or so? Lol. Linear scaling might help though. I don't really need it - have enough mastery points from other stuff and the achievement points are minor. But it really feels balanced weirdly compared to the other similar events. Does not help that everyone seems to be missing this - and trying/waiting for it. 😄

Forest warfare thingy seems to have 2 that complete too fast as well. The one at Altrumm and the mine defusing one. Just too easy to solo when you know what you are doing (ignoring mobs just doing the thing and speed rushing it).

I actually managed to do this one during a very non-busy time but even that was still annoying. In the middle of it something made me drop my bow so I had to run around looking for another one. =_=

There are bows scattered around the area but they are hard to see. They just have the sparkles to show their location. There is also a time limit since the NPCs will eventually finish off the even if you take too long and the event fails.

• Like 2

It does take a while to finish this achievement (I'm still working on it myself), but you do eventually learn where the things are, and after dealing with the disaster that is Realm-Portal Spiker I can't help but feel that it's really not that bad.

My standards might be too low, though.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Because this has been silent for way  to long:

A-Net PLEASE do something. On GW2 Eff, you can see that LESS THAN 2%!!!! of the playerbase have finished this Archivement...

The event chain and spawneing of it takes an hour, just to be blocked on Meta event - this is insane to have 1 try in MAYBE 1 Hour 30 min, like holy.... PLEASE do something about this horrible archivement...

Here are a few suggestions that will take nearly no time to implement:

A) Overtime - Add a +30 sec overtime at the end of the Event so people can at least still try for another 30 sec befor it ends.
B) Scale up the required Targets to pass the Event. (just adjust a number in the function)

C) Reduce the Required number of Shots - from 10 to maybe 5 - my highest i ever got was a 6 and we were 3 Friends on the Map doing it Solo (so we scaled it) and only one of us could do it.

Things that will take a bit more time (basicly more tryes in less time spend) :
A) Make it an Adventure - so you can always do it with a timelimit of X - hell at least you can practise it a bit more that way.

B) Make it a SINGLE event without part of a huge Event Chain...
C) No random losses of Bows - make it a SAC to draw or withdraw the bow.

EDIT: Another thing just right out my head: IF you get the High-Score Archery... just let it automaticly Unlock Avian Sharpshooter... at least we suffered over 200 Target shots... one is a good short-cut, the other is a long Grind but at least you know you will get it.

Edited by Rumil.1630
Another idea
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1