So…. Spring?

Tuesday June 7th marked the last ‘update’ for the game for Spring.  June 21st is the next (I’ll call it ‘normal’ for our purposes) game update under their normal cycle.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/76da5220318-Spring-Roadmap_EN-1.jpg

Given that fact, once again..,  Guess the whole working on alliances piece is just a fabrication.  

Oh, and before I get the classic: ‘This is why Anet doesn’t give out roadmaps’ answer, well, they’ve met the other parts of that.  But of course, left out the ‘Cornerstone’ game mode.  🤷

Color me shocked.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

We got the alliance beta in early January didn't we. The roadmap here doesn't say we will get alliances finished in the spring of 2022.

That being said, I think it's likely we don't see alliances until 2023 Q2 at the earliest, with a more than reasonable chance that we never see it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, jul.7602 said:

We got the alliance beta in early January didn't we. The roadmap here doesn't say we will get alliances finished in the spring of 2022.

That being said, I think it's likely we don't see alliances until 2023 Q2 at the earliest, with a more than reasonable chance that we never see it all.

No.  It says we will have a beta in spring.  

No one  (sane at least) expected alliances to be live in spring.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Wasn't there a Reddit post from a dev a like two weeks ago concerning the Queue-Problem that had the information that Alliance betas would be pushed back until the queue problem is completely fixed and understood?

Honestly at this point that reason sounds like a cop-out. If that can't be figured out in 6+ months because they can't re-create it in their internal testing... wouldn't it be logical to have another beta ASAP so it can be re-created live and have another shot at understanding it?

The real problem is that we have seen literally ZERO advancement on this subject since 2018; even the betas of last year have had no impact on the players or how the game mode is played other than all of a sudden you don't have a server and whatever guild you're repping is now shuffled into a team that may or may not be bugged for you.

We've seen no advancement in UI (even rudimentary), no real development on the matchmaking system, no ...nothing. How is any of this bottlenecked by the freaking queue bug? It's honestly ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

No.  It says we will have a beta in spring.  

No one  (sane at least) expected alliances to be live in spring.  

Well I did, given they said they were releasing it in 2021, but then how late the betas came, and timing of the expansion release....

But I still believe we're in 2021, for their sakes, because I refuse to have them break another wvw promise!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Anet seems to be waiting until the queue bug is fixed until they continue with alliances, and it appears we won't get any more betas until it's fixed.

I personally think they're using the queue bug as an excuse. I don't doubt that there's a bug, but I think they're exaggerating both its importance and how much work they're doing to fix it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

Anet seems to be waiting until the queue bug is fixed until they continue with alliances, and it appears we won't get any more betas until it's fixed.

I personally think they're using the queue bug as an excuse. I don't doubt that there's a bug, but I think they're exaggerating both its importance and how much work they're doing to fix it.

Considering the Queue bug has been around for 9+ years….  Now is the exact time to fix it.  /s

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just a few days ago Grouch gave us several comments on reddit. where one of the things he said was this.

To clarify, World Restructuring hasn't been actively developed since its original announcement in 2018. Previous studio leadership deprioritized the project shortly after it was announced. We put a team back on it last year. The idea has existed for 4+ years, but meaningful progress has mostly happened over the last year.

Full thread here with more comments from him 

So i would say that the alliances are not ready in a long while. Mind though please do not shout at Grouch about this because he is the first person ever who talked to us straight out about something that other Anet devs in the past lead us to belive was something they worked on over all this years when they infact was removed early from it..

The fact that Grouch told exactly what is going on instead of keeping apparence up is much appreciated and something i rather have because then i can releate and adjust my thoughts then just hanging in the air not having a clue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Whether or not we ever get Alliances, why are you asking Anet to give us an answer???  When has Anet ever been straight with us about anything in this game-mode? They say one thing, they do another; They give us a timeline, they arrive months/years late.  They make changes that no one in the community seems to want, and when they do actually communicate with us, it's not here on their official forums, but rather it's scattered across multiple social media platforms.

At this point I don't trust Anet employees nor do I believe anything they say.  I play the game as-is, hope for the best, and expect the worst.  Sad state of affairs isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

They make changes that no one in the community seems to want, and when they do actually communicate with us, it's not here on their official forums, but rather it's scattered across multiple social media platforms.

First of all he was replying to help a player to make a decision so it was not like there was a announcement. He then kept on reply further down and where he told about it. And you are right Anet have told us a lot of things during 10 years that never happen and i like you had given up, until i heard that Grouch was back. He was the person back then that actually played PvP and actually understood things around that and after he left long time ago there was never really anyone new that took over with the same knowledge. 

He came back about a year ago and i am not saying he is our saviour and everything will be perfect now, i am saying if you want to give anyone a chance then he is the one i would bet on. I might end up looking stupid in a year or more, but recently other things showed me that he do have a large interest in WvW and to make it work and why i appreciate that he also being open about what is going on.with the alliances and why it is taking even longer then we expected.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Whether or not we ever get Alliances, why are you asking Anet to give us an answer???  When has Anet ever been straight with us about anything in this game-mode? They say one thing, they do another; They give us a timeline, they arrive months/years late.  They make changes that no one in the community seems to want, and when they do actually communicate with us, it's not here on their official forums, but rather it's scattered across multiple social media platforms.

At this point I don't trust Anet employees nor do I believe anything they say.  I play the game as-is, hope for the best, and expect the worst.  Sad state of affairs isn't it?

It's a matter of principle at the end of the day.  We're paying customers. And at a personal level, I don't like to be taken for a fool without at least saying something about it.
That said, I think most of the WvW players are in that same boat, we play what we're given. Nobody's holding their breath on any of this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

The fact that Grouch told exactly what is going on instead of keeping apparence up is much appreciated and something i rather have because then i can releate and adjust my thoughts then just hanging in the air not having a clue. 

Yeah good thing he posted that in the wvw forums that has been asking about it 100x more times... wait oops...

We've been through this song and dance many times over with anet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

First of all he was replying to help a player to make a decision so it was not like there was a announcement. He then kept on reply further down and where he told about it. And you are right Anet have told us a lot of things during 10 years that never happen and i like you had given up, until i heard that Grouch was back. He was the person back then that actually played PvP and actually understood things around that and after he left long time ago there was never really anyone new that took over with the same knowledge. 

He came back about a year ago and i am not saying he is our saviour and everything will be perfect now, i am saying if you want to give anyone a chance then he is the one i would bet on. I might end up looking stupid in a year or more, but recently other things showed me that he do have a large interest in WvW and to make it work and why i appreciate that he also being open about what is going on.with the alliances and why it is taking even longer then we expected.

And yet…. The full disclosure came AFTER the expac release..  🤷

Grouch is  just the sacrificial lamb.  

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I highly doubt its happening anytime soon, but I would take a 2 week beta or two during the summer, with any fixes between and during  those weeks if needed.

At one point I thought we would see a few more betas and higher priority towards that a couple of months after EoD, but here we are.

It will be 5 years in 2023, since they announced alliances and the wvw overhaul; which was cancelled, since Anet back then thought it wasn't worth the time and resources to develop . Then again Camelot unchained isn't even out.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048
  • Sad 2

On 6/10/2022 at 3:31 AM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And yet…. The full disclosure came AFTER the expac release..  🤷

to be fair: World Restructuring has NEVER (!!!!!!!!!!!!) been announced to be part of any expansion. in fact: ANet clearly stated in a stream, that WR will NOT be part of the EoD release. Everything you may have read about wr coming with EoD (or similar) was purely based on assumptions from the players!

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

to be fair: World Restructuring has NEVER (!!!!!!!!!!!!) been announced to be part of any expansion. in fact: ANet clearly stated in a stream, that WR will NOT be part of the EoD release. Everything you may have read about wr coming with EoD (or similar) was purely based on assumptions from the players!

Never said it had.  Read my post.  

Point was, had betas, supposed to have a beta in spring, expac releases, once again, AFTER people purchased the expac, effectively some ‘new’ reason pops to indefinitely delay any further betas.  

Nothing I’ve noted is an assumption.  Everything I’ve noted has actually been stated by one or more of the developers, including the timeline.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1