Do you trust the next balance patch and its change to banners?

Shinja.3451

Banners have been useless in most game modes for a while now.

They reduced their duration from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.

They reduced their stats from 170 to 100.

They reduced their effectiveness with the trait "double standards" from +100% to +50% and then removed the effectiveness completely to be used for 10 instead of 5 people just to make them a bit usable in some raids.

All these made them useless in 5 people content.

And now you need to pick them up again and carry them but they last for less time now. If they revert the previous changes why not revert everything to what it was and admit they were wrong? They somehow manage to keep the worst from all the previous decisions every time...

Picking up and placing banners EVERY 60 SECONDS and now having to carry them as well is not fun gameplay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Insert Youtube Poop video of Mario saying, " No " here.

That is my response to the question posed in this thread. They expected power builds to get weaker with the patch. And i see zero reason outside of a specific scenario that favors a power build, why you would ever pick a warrior over a quickbrand and no reason at all to pick it over scrapper. Heck one of the dozen mechanist players you know probably has a scrapper build in their back pocket they can pull out should the need for quickness come up. 

Why would you take a warrior for might, fury (provided by most of the power builds now anyway in standard builds), swiftness (on the stationary object), resistance (a shadow of its former boon self), and regen (if you aren't stacking healing power, actually useless)

And i have heard via a grapevine... that they want you to have to take a certain amount of banners to stack your quickness, so don't expect to free up any utilities or signets in this boon build. Enjoy actually lugging your banner around again. 

No weapon skills while carrying the banner btw 🙂

https://i.imgur.com/EUEcza9.png

Resistance pulse interval is 3 seconds.

You can carry only 1 banner at a time, picking up another banner plants the one you are carrying.

I'm also pretty sure you miss a pulse when you pick the banner up. If I pick the banner up after right after a pulse, the next pulse is in 6 seconds or so.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

No weapon skills while carrying the banner btw 🙂

https://i.imgur.com/EUEcza9.png

Resistance pulse interval is 3 seconds.

I think at this point Anet devs are being spiteful,  they made banners worse than even before since they did have kittening skills on the weapon set. Who the kitten signed on these changes. I get they don't like being told they suck at their job, and how this whole part of the forum is all about how they are wrong about something and can be done better, but is this really the way to do your job.
At least they could have buffed the boons sky high to pretend they are useful.

WHO EVER IS RESPOSIBLE SHOULD BE FORCED TO WORK ON THIS AND ONLY THIS TILL THEY GET WHY IT SUCKS. NO SNEAKING TO PLAY ENGI OR GUARD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

WHO EVER IS RESPOSIBLE SHOULD BE FORCED TO WORK ON THIS AND ONLY THIS TILL THEY GET WHY IT SUCKS. NO SNEAKING TO PLAY ENGI OR GUARD.

Maybe they were cosplaying the new warrior, carrying banners at work. So couldn't get anything done 🙂

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I think at this point Anet devs are being spiteful,  they made banners worse than even before since they did have kittening skills on the weapon set. Who the kitten signed on these changes. I get they don't like being told they suck at their job, and how this whole part of the forum is all about how they are wrong about something and can be done better, but is this really the way to do your job.
At least they could have buffed the boons sky high to pretend they are useful.

Dude, they know why this sucks; this, and almost everything that has come before is purposeful. Intentional. Out of spite. Pick your poison, but it's all going to hurt.

The only thing that's going to change this paradigm is if these same devs are forced to play warrior & elites in all modes - sans dev tools - until they themselves beg for changes. And really, who's gonna make them do that?

• Like 1

I thought it would be bad, but this is even worse. The 3 sec base duration is an insult. Warrior is dead, and that is exactly how they wanted it. It's seen all the viable builds slowly deleted over time. With the cc nerf, it lost any possibility of competing in high level pvp. With the constant bubble nerfs, it has become useless in wvw. With the condi meta, you are sabotaging your fractal team by bringing a warrior. And now with raids gone... I guess we can still play in open world...

So no, I have zero faith. I'm not sure if I'll even come back to read the "fix" patch notes.

Edited by GoguSpatzialu.7948

On 6/24/2022 at 7:15 AM, Duglaive.5236 said:

I think CmC should be that dev, and once 80, built & geared, send him off to do some WvW/PvP. Make sure there are plenty of Necros and Guards of all stripes (which should be a given along with all the other regulars), and see what changes start dropping in the 6 months following.

This! lmao...

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:33 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

No, but I hope they surprise me.

My only trust is that if they bungle it, this time it'll nuke warrior in pve, in plain view of the players that matter. If warrior functioning in pve is enough to claim it functions in all content,  I look forward to their rhetoric if that changes. 

Update: The rhetoric was good ❤️