Conditions Cleanse Priority?

Would be pretty cool ngl if i have more control over my condition cleanses, how many times have you cleansed that cripple or 10 vulnerability stacks only to feel your body being melted away by 8 stacks of burning or even bleeding oh the sadness, I think it would be way better to have a settings for condition cleanse to always target depending on your preference non-damaging or damaging conditions first hell maybe even have it target thee ones that have the larger stacks first would be pretty sick if you ask me. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Cleansing always prioritzes the conditions that were applied last.

If someone apply posion, then burn, then cripple and then vuln.   and you use a skill that cleanses 2 conditions. it will cleanse cripple and vuln.

Good players use this. People are talking about "cover condis" you put covercondis on your enemy to prevent them from cleansing. Its simply a mechanic that you gotta work around. Sometimes its better to waait a second, till someone applys another burn stack AND THEN YOU INSTANTLY CLEANSE.

knowing when to cleanse and when not to is a big part of fighting condis. You just gotta learn it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Kinda doubt that is gonna be added, at least for competitive modes. The whole point of vomiting conditions is to make cleansing the damaging ones harder.

Likewise if you allow preferences for removing/corrupting boons and converting condis.

Oh yeah that'd be cool too ngl

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The idea of players being able to examine and identify conditions before deciding to remove the last one is ridiculous: Players are dead before they can make that analysis.

The condition system is a mess, but who cares, really? The rest of the combat system is a mess, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

The idea of players being able to examine and identify conditions before deciding to remove the last one is ridiculous: Players are dead before they can make that analysis.

The condition system is a mess, but who cares, really? The rest of the combat system is a mess, too.

I mean true, but I'd rather just throw ideas and hope a dev looks at them or something, it can be better ngl, I'd rather have more control over what condis i want to remove not the last ones all the time

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, iosifd.1563 said:

I mean true, but I'd rather just throw ideas and hope a dev looks at them or something, it can be better ngl, I'd rather have more control over what condis i want to remove not the last ones all the time

just imagine how that system would look like....  are you asked everytime you cleanse which condis you want removed? gotta press buttons from 1 to 8? idk how you want that.... or a system where you can decide wither to cleanse damaging ones first always? its just a UI mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

just imagine how that system would look like....  are you asked everytime you cleanse which condis you want removed? gotta press buttons from 1 to 8? idk how you want that.... or a system where you can decide wither to cleanse damaging ones first always? its just a UI mess.

Not really, just go to your build page and give a priority list for cleansing/converting conditions and ripping/corrupting boons. Per default its just a stack (like right now) with no preference. You can even limit this to like "top 3 I would like to always cleanse/rip", since you don't need more. Wouldn't be a mess at all.

What is a mess is that you have 14(ish?) condis and boons and half of them are irrelevant (and are used only to cover the important ones from getting ripped/cleansed). And the rate of application is 100% demented.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Not really, just go to your build page and give a priority list for cleansing/converting conditions and ripping/corrupting conditions. Per default its just a stack (like right now) with no preference. You can even limit this to like "top 3 I would like to always cleanse/rip", since you don't need more. Wouldn't be a mess at all.

What is a mess is that you have 14(ish?) condis and boons and half of them are irrelevant (and are used only to cover the important ones from getting ripped/cleansed). And the rate of application is 100% demented.

Wouldn't everyone pretty much choose the same order for cleansing, though?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Wouldn't everyone pretty much choose the same order for cleansing, though?

Yes, which is why IMO the condi/boon system is broken.

Cause you can say "well everyone will just choose the same order, so that order should be default" and then every condi build in competitive just falls apart.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Cleansing always prioritzes the conditions that were applied last.

If someone apply posion, then burn, then cripple and then vuln.   and you use a skill that cleanses 2 conditions. it will cleanse cripple and vuln.

Good players use this. People are talking about "cover condis" you put covercondis on your enemy to prevent them from cleansing. Its simply a mechanic that you gotta work around. Sometimes its better to waait a second, till someone applys another burn stack AND THEN YOU INSTANTLY CLEANSE.

knowing when to cleanse and when not to is a big part of fighting condis. You just gotta learn it.

I feel like it would just be easier if it focused from worst conditions first, regardless of when it was applied. First going for hard and soft CC, then DoTs, then stat penalties.

Would make more sense.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think giving the players the ability to determine priority is a bad idea especially in a competitive context. Like if you can choose which condition always get cleansed on the fly you can at the start of the match look at the enemy team guestimate the main condi damage the enemy does and than choose those as priority basically nullifying stuff like fire weaver and blind spam condi theif, which depend on cover condi's. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Yes, which is why IMO the condi/boon system is broken.

Cause you can say "well everyone will just choose the same order, so that order should be default" and then every condi build in competitive just falls apart.

So your proposed "solution" leads to one definitively best choice, therefore the current system without your solution is broken?

34 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

So your proposed "solution" leads to one definitively best choice, therefore the current system without your solution is broken?

I'm not proposing any "solution". Moving cleanse priority in the hands of players will just remove condi as a source of dmg from competitive.

Which is why the current system is broken. Something as trivial as letting the player choose what to cleanse and condi no longer functions as a source of dmg. Your condi dmg relies on the condi vomit you are able to output. If you cannot vomit enough condis to top off your damaging condis, you don't force the longer cleanse CDs and get outcleansed by minor cleanses.

Something like heavy burn investment is probably the only exception, where even a second of 2-3 stacks of burn (applied by 1 attack) can still deal heavy dmg to you if you don't insta cleanse it. And its just guard that can invest into burn this heavily.

Like buffs and fields, these are simplified systems from a game that began its life desperately pretending to "break the mould" by being super-diluted.

The game's more complex now, but it's all based around these simplistic systems, where fine-tuning just doesn't apply (especially when balance patches are beyond yearly).