If they nerf Rifle

Arolandis.8360

28 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

just because mechanist is dealing so much damage

But here's the thing: it didn't, at least not with the kind of build everyone was outraged about (and the ones which actually do damage are anything but "passive"). As I said even for an LI build the "AA spam rifle Mechanist" was on the lower end on the spectrum and not a single person even tried to refute that. I'm really not a fan of them now nerfing both the pet and the AAR trait just because they want to respond to an outrage from people who seemingly don't know what they are talking about. The mech already can't even 1v1 a veteran T4 fractal golem as it is and does pretty much no damage in competitive modes (even the golem from the rune summon hits harder) yet somehow it's supposed to be a "player 2".

But you're right, good thing they at least didn't steamroll the rifle while they were at it.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They didn't actually nerf rifle damage, tho, but the mech damage instead. Which I am fine with. It would just have sucked if they had nerfed rifle again just because mechanist is dealing so much damage, since that could ruin the weapon for holo and scrapper as well.

The rifle was never busted. The mech was. Its nice to see anet actually found the source of the high damage for no effort and adjusted it. In spite of some design philosophy i am not allowed to talk about where it was implied they rather builds be easy mode. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

The rifle was never busted. The mech was.

No, the dps of the mech was never an issue either (especially not the power variants). If anything the support builds are what's "busted" but they were mostly unaffected by all of this anyway.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 3

On 6/29/2022 at 2:58 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

I would want it done this way; by simply lowering the power coeffient slightly. The attack speed needs to stay because it helps with condi/hybrid builds.

I know a lot of people are calling it OP which could mean nerfs later, so I wanted to give my feedback on how I think it should be nerfed if is. I just don't want any nerfs ruining how it feels to actually use. Because the fast firing rate is fun and "feels" good.

I finally like rifles in this game please let us keep this buff.

Edit: I don't want Rifle nerfed. I'm just worried about it getting nerfed because I've been seeing a lot of "rifle OP pls nerf" crap (mostly on reddit).

Edit Edit: The more I play it with the supposed op builds in WvW with it the more I realize it's just "Good", not "OP". So I'm not worried anymore. False alarm. lol.

I have been doing the slayer achieves I couldn't be bothered to do for the last 10 years with rifle.  The problem with rifle isn't rifle, it's the offensive protocol in Cantha, that can be used anywhere in the world.  With the offensive protocol, it looks broken as hell.  I just finished 600 minotaur kills without it, after doing 5 other slayer achieves with it, it hits as hard as ranger autos, before the buff they just put in a few minutes ago.  There is nothing broken about rifle.  And now coupled with the huge mech nerf they just did, I can't see any reason to adjust rifle at all.

13 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Next time they can focus on pistol at least.

If they ever "focus on pistol" then we get the next wave of nerf requests incoming as people apparently don't seem to understand that 20-25k in a "controlled golem environment" is not good damage for what is supposed to be a "damage focused build".

13 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

And now coupled with the huge mech nerf they just did, I can't see any reason to adjust rifle at all.

And despite the fact that LI power mechanist is routhly were it was before we're not even done yet, if you're running a rifle build with AAR be prepared to lose another decent chunk of your damage.

43 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

The hotfix they dropped proved at the very least they were able to make the distinction between a spec and a weapon.

I will try the post nerf Mech but it is good to see Engineer has an optimal power weapon now. Next time they can focus on pistol at least.

Apparently not... attack speed of the rifle auto was stealth nerfed. Went up from 0,75 seconds to 1 second cast time.

And they didn't even bother to tell us in the patch notes. Guess they hoped we would simply not notice.... So much about them wanting to communicate.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Apparently not... attack speed of the rifle auto was stealth nerfed. Went up from 0,75 seconds to 1 second cast time.

And they didn't even bother to tell us in the patch notes. Guess they hoped we would simply not notice.... So much about them wanting to communicate.

Yeah that is what I noticed as well.

A bit salty from the fact they didnt even bother mentioning it but they didnt trash the weapon at the very least

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

And they didn't even bother to tell us in the patch notes.

You're right, and that right after the whole "we're very sorry and will be a lot more upfront and transparent from now on, please trust us" speech from the other day... and some people still wonder why so many people are so negative when it comes to these balance changes.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

People complaining they cannot be afk on every variant of dps.

Is something you don't really see as it's usually the other way around. You don't see people complaining about cronos doing 20k+ on their own but if one of your so called "afk" builds even comes close to half of that then you always get some people start acting as if it's the end of the world. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Tails.9372 said:

Is something you don't really see as it's usually the other way around. You don't see people complaining about cronos doing 20k+ on their own but if one of your so called "afk" builds even comes close to half of that then you always get some people start acting as if it's the end of the world. 

The same player base that thought having to do 7k in dragon's end was toxic. Mind you, dragon's end was a mess and needed changes but 7k wasn't exactly asking much. 

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

You're right, and that right after the whole "we're very sorry and will be a lot more upfront and transparent from now on, please trust us" speech from the other day... and some people still wonder why so many people are so negative when it comes to these balance changes.

Par for the course when it comes to engie.

Was the tooltip updated with new timer? Guessing no lol.

3 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Par for the course when it comes to engie.

Was the tooltip updated with new timer? Guessing no lol.

Tooltip is updated with new timer. So this doesn't seem to be a bug. Just a stealth nerf they didn't want to tell us in the patch notes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

All of this stuff we can achieve already with flamethrower auto attacks. The fact that flamethrower hits 5 times per second has never really been problematic, so why should it be that problematic for rifle now?

Maybe cuz of the grenade proc from the rifle from the Explosive trait. The one that cripple and bleed. I never play pvp so idk whats stat in there.

Rifle 1 DPS is down (straight up 1 skills with the build visible on the pics, killed 1M hp golem, no buffs):

far: 2550 -> 2400

close:  3000 ->2780

https://imgbox.com/oahyWJlG -> https://imgbox.com/mIlw5YDg
https://imgbox.com/88die0vo -> https://imgbox.com/LV72tCz6

(I've only taken screenshots, but looks like I'll have to switch to videos in the future)

What's worse, it's not possible to buffer another skill with blunderbuss anymore:

When I press e.g. overcharged shot during blunderbuss cast time, blunderbuss will go on cooldown...

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

Edited by pbalint.1607
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, pbalint.1607 said:

Rifle 1 DPS is down:

far: 2550 -> 2400

close:  3000 ->2780

What's worse, it's not possible to buffer another skill with blunderbuss anymore:

When I press e.g. overcharged shot during blunderbuss cast time, blunderbuss will go on cooldown...

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

You really need to link the test and the circumstances.  If you do not, we have no way to verify the results and to test against them.

On 6/29/2022 at 11:58 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

I would want it done this way; by simply lowering the power coeffient slightly. The attack speed needs to stay because it helps with condi/hybrid builds.

In the end of the day they made attack speed lower and left coef as it is, and nerfed mech coefficients and quickness. Power rifle no kits build doesn't work for mechanist again 😄

Edited by LunieL.1738

3 hours ago, LunieL.1738 said:

In the end of the day they made attack speed lower and left coef as it is, and nerfed mech coefficients and quickness. Power rifle no kits build doesn't work for mechanist again 😄

It's so wonderful when they make things desirable for every spec of engineer for a day.

• Like 1

I am still using rifle in my diviner build. The golem is slow when its using f3, so i just hunker down in location and shoot enemies with the rifle while providing my own buffs. I reserve a slot for bombs so i can swap to essentially a " Melee Attack " when i need it. 

1 minute ago, Horky.2507 said:
3 hours ago, LunieL.1738 said:

It's so wonderful when they make things desirable for every spec of engineer for a day.

Waiting for complaints for "too strong mech" after this nerf. Tomottow will enter the game and will see another damage reduction 😄

Anet should consider idea making mech smaller after each nerf.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1