NPC names vs PC names

On 7/6/2022 at 12:16 PM, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

Hey everyone.

Any idea why playable characters names can't have "the" or "of" lower cased but NPCs names can? I've seen tons of names like "Kol the Valiant", "Wovil the Frostpaw", and always find it annoying that for our characters it has to be like "Kol The Valiant", "Wovil The Frostpaw". 

Because the devs at Anet naming characters in worldbuilding aren't going to call them BigDick the Enormous or Legolas of Minas Tirith.

If players could be trusted with such naming abilities, we would have them.  I think we all agree that no, players can generally not be so trusted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Styopa.2538 said:

Because the devs at Anet naming characters in worldbuilding aren't going to call them BigDick the Enormous or Legolas of Minas Tirith.

If players could be trusted with such naming abilities, we would have them.  I think we all agree that no, players can generally not be so trusted.

How does the forced capitalisation prevent any of those names? Your first example would need a space between the first two words, but that hardly makes it better.

• Like 2