Ideal team comp? No Specialization stacking.

Zuko.7132

8 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

What do you guys think the ideal team comp is these days? AT rules against class stacking apply.

There actually are no rules against class stacking in ATs btw. You can run 5x Harb if you wanted to.

But to answer your question with no class stacking, one would imagine it would be this:

1. Support Tempest
  2. Harbinger
  3. Willbender
  4. Vindicator
  5. Specter

However, I see ideal comps like this get strangely countered by weird comps lately. So it's kind of hard to nail down a conclusion on your question. Although I would say those 5 classes are overperforming right now, counter-comping is a very real thing now that there are so many veterans that know the game so well who can play most classes.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

There actually are no rules against class stacking in ATs btw. You can run 5x Harb if you wanted to.

But to answer your question with no class stacking, one would imagine it would be this:

1. Support Tempest
  2. Harbinger
  3. Willbender
  4. Vindicator
  5. Specter

However, I see ideal comps like this get strangely countered by weird comps lately. So it's kind of hard to nail down a conclusion on your question. Although I would say those 5 classes are overperforming right now, counter-comping is a very real thing now that there are so many veterans that know the game so well who can play most classes.

I don't know why I thought there was a rule like that. Maybe I was thinking about a different tournament. That was my thought on the comp too. What are some counter comps to that if you know offhand?

35 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

why blood scourge over harb?

I just think it has more value in a team fight if played well. The barriers and healing from tempest combined is pretty nutty. Only thing that makes me iffy is missing out on cope lol

3 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I just think it has more value in a team fight if played well. The barriers and healing from tempest combined is pretty nutty. Only thing that makes me iffy is missing out on cope lol

Scourge is quite frankly trash right now. Only play scourge if you are not on my team please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Scourge is quite frankly trash right now. Only play scourge if you are not on my team please.

Wow I can't even remember the last time I saw a scourge in pvp tbh.

Is it legit trash or harb/reaper just in better spots atm?

Side node is in a strangely good place with a bunch of decent picks.

Vindi/Weebsamurai/Cata/Mech/Virtuoso/Specter/Harb are all being ran sides rn.

Condi Harbinger Teamfighter (for healing while shrouded, cope, and quickness)

Support Tempest

Specter Roamer (to res tempest)

Second Harb or Roamer of choice based on map.

Also want to point out that willy while stupid strong isn't the end all be all. It still gasses out like like core medi guard. Specter seems more consistent in my book. Weebsamurai is in the same boat. It can heal a ton but if you sustain against it, it too will gas out.

Edited by Tycura.1982

4 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Wow I can't even remember the last time I saw a scourge in pvp tbh.

Is it legit trash or harb/reaper just in better spots atm?

Reaper is meh but probably better than scourge and its fun to play so that's cool. Harbinger is insanely strong to the point of the meta warping around it with high projectile defense uptime becoming much more valuable than it used to be hence why tempest becoming more popular than guardian as a support.

5 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

nahh it aint bad. 

Its bad for a few reasons.

1. This meta has a lot of mobility and scourge is prob the slowest support with the least amount of damage mitigation tools

2. It offers no boons for allies

3. The mobile dps professions can keep pressure on you/force you to take worm and spectral walk.

If i was going to run a scourge I would want to run a terrormancer, which core prob does better anyhow.

13 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Its bad for a few reasons.

1. This meta has a lot of mobility and scourge is prob the slowest support with the least amount of damage mitigation tools

2. It offers no boons for allies

3. The mobile dps professions can keep pressure on you/force you to take worm and spectral walk.

If i was going to run a scourge I would want to run a terrormancer, which core prob does better anyhow.

yeah desert shroud should give aegis, sand cascade should give 2s stab, garish pillar should apply regen. all of these to nearby allies. manifest sand shade should give 2-3seconds protection.

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

yeah desert shroud should give aegis, sand cascade should give 2s stab, garish pillar should apply regen. all of these to nearby allies. manifest sand shade should give 2-3seconds protection.

Scourge is rly Not good anymore, thank god