Q: Can a Power Reaper defeat a Condi Scourge in a 1v1 battle?

Avalanzhe.5761

actually... i destroyed a couple of power reapers with my scourge just 2 hours ago. but it was a zerg situation - while flanking the zergs i got chased by reapers constantly. i killed most of them.either they are particularly bad, they dont use a good build (e.g. condition management)... or scourge is stronger.

Maybe a REALLY bad Scourge, but anyone semi decent. Not really. Might get lucky here and there but its very situational. You need VERY good ranged attack, good condi removal and everything and Reaper/Necro just doesnt really have that. It has good burst condi removal, but its got REALLY bad sustained condi removal.

For example. My SoulBeast has 14! Conditions removed on a 25second cool down, over 6 seconds. Thats just my heal. Then i have 9seconds of Impairment condition immunity every 30seconds an evade + 2 condis removed every 32seconds and on my elite if i take entangle, which against a Necro, i ALWAYS take. On top of that i have insane ranged damage, knockback, stealth, CC, high melee burst damage and mobility skills to make more range if they get too close.

How much of this does Necro, Reaper or even Scourge have?

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Maybe a REALLY bad Scourge, but anyone semi decent. Not really. Might get lucky here and there but its very situational. You need VERY good ranged attack, good condi removal and everything and Reaper/Necro just doesnt really have that. It has good burst condi removal, but its got REALLY bad sustained condi removal.

For example. My SoulBeast has 14! Conditions removed on a 25second cool down, over 6 seconds. Thats just my heal. Then i have 9seconds of Impairment condition immunity every 30seconds an evade + 2 condis removed every 32seconds and on my elite if i take entangle, which against a Necro, i ALWAYS take. On top of that i have insane ranged damage, knockback, stealth, CC, high melee burst damage and mobility skills to make more range if they get too close.

How much of this does Necro, Reaper or even Scourge have?

Hahahahaha..

Now you are just being mean!

have actually won 9/10 agaisnt scourges with my power reaper... i even think that scoruges are very bad roamer/duelists. i just try to dodge their opening ground effects... hit a bit with my axe... then i have a lot of conids on me that i send to them... then its reaper time... out of reaper another condi transfer if needed... done, dead scourge. (i use dagger offhand, signet of plague, staff and suffer shout... so i have 4 strong condi transfers in my build.)

The only way i lose to a scourge is when they port out of my range when i want to condi transfer :^)

@JustDemons.4358 said:have actually won 9/10 agaisnt scourges with my power reaper... i even think that scoruges are very bad roamer/duelists. i just try to dodge their opening ground effects... hit a bit with my axe... then i have a lot of conids on me that i send to them... then its reaper time... out of reaper another condi transfer if needed... done, dead scourge. (i use dagger offhand, signet of plague, staff and suffer shout... so i have 4 strong condi transfers in my build.)

The only way i lose to a scourge is when they port out of my range when i want to condi transfer :^)

So, 2 specific weapons, 2 Utilities. for a total of 12 Conditions. I remove more than that with just ONE ability. Plus, couldnt they send most of those back anyway? Seeing as how they are going to be one of the 99.9% of Necro that run Staff because its THAT strong. They will be able to get some of those condis turned into Boons, they will have access to Barrier. Much better defense (even though it sucks...) than what Reaper has access to and has traits to remove condis when they give themselves barrier.

So what happens when they can counter your condi transfer?

all the latest changes made to the reaper was for the Raids, in exchange of a bit of dps more they totally killed the chance to be of any use in PvP and in WvW, also all the changes are made in a way that do directly and undirectly buff the Scourge. To sum up, they crippled the Reaper to give Superspeed at the Scourge, outcome in 1vs1 is easy predictable.

@ilmau.9781 said:all the latest changes made to the reaper was for the Raids, in exchange of a bit of dps more they totally killed the chance to be of any use in PvP and in WvW, also all the changes are made in a way that do directly and undirectly buff the Scourge. To sum up, they crippled the Reaper to give Superspeed at the Scourge, outcome in 1vs1 is easy predictable.

Huh? Superspeed? Where?

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:all the latest changes made to the reaper was for the Raids, in exchange of a bit of dps more they totally killed the chance to be of any use in PvP and in WvW, also all the changes are made in a way that do directly and undirectly buff the Scourge. To sum up, they crippled the Reaper to give
Superspeed
at the Scourge, outcome in 1vs1 is easy predictable.

Huh? Superspeed? Where?

ahahah i am sure you got what i mean ;)

@JustDemons.4358 said:have actually won 9/10 agaisnt scourges with my power reaper... i even think that scoruges are very bad roamer/duelists. i just try to dodge their opening ground effects... hit a bit with my axe... then i have a lot of conids on me that i send to them... then its reaper time... out of reaper another condi transfer if needed... done, dead scourge. (i use dagger offhand, signet of plague, staff and suffer shout... so i have 4 strong condi transfers in my build.)

So, 2 specific weapons, 2 Utilities. for a total of 12 Conditions. I remove more than that with just ONE ability. Plus, couldnt they send most of those back anyway? Seeing as how they are going to be one of the 99.9% of Necro that run Staff because its THAT strong. They will be able to get some of those condis turned into Boons, they will have access to Barrier. Much better defense (even though it sucks...) than what Reaper has access to and has traits to remove condis when they give themselves barrier.

How do u remove 12 codis with ONE ability? I just was sharing my game experience. i still have a really high winrate agaisnt scourges. also barriers are NOT a better defense... they are garbage. if the scourge presses f5 and tries to go on u (with the best barrier), u just turn and leap away. cuz guess what... reaper can outrun and kite exactly 1 spec in the entire game.. that is a scrouge.

when they counter my transfer they outplayed me and deserver to win

@Avalanzhe.5761 said:With the amount of boon rip, torment and cripple that a Condi Scourge can dish-out can a Power Reaper defeat a scourge?

If you think you can, what would be your build setup?

At the same skill level it can win only if the Scourge don't have Path of Corruption or life force.

@JustDemons.4358 said:

How do u remove 12 codis with ONE ability? I just was sharing my game experience. i still have a really high winrate agaisnt scourges. also barriers are NOT a better defense... they are garbage. if the scourge presses f5 and tries to go on u (with the best barrier), u just turn and leap away. cuz guess what... reaper can outrun and kite exactly 1 spec in the entire game.. that is a scrouge.

when they counter my transfer they outplayed me and deserver to win

Well, i was talking about my Soulbeast but Consume Conditions that removes ALL conditions and heals for ALL the conditions on the necro as one example. They could also turn at least some of those conditions into Boons as well which would help. No one uses F5 as a pre-emptive ability, its a offensive melee ability. You use it when you're on the target. The Barrier is decent, not as garbage as you think. The fears, Interrupts, Ranged and such can all help the Scourge with plenty of Cripples, Torment and such. Yes the Reaper will have some of that as well. Scourge has higher up time of Swiftness due to having access to more abilities with it, they also have the teleport (it SHOULD be instant cast, but thats Anet for you)

I mean anyone can beat a bad player, that doesnt make a build better or worse than another. My Ranger eats Dead eye for breakfast but if i was on say my ele, i'd be easy pickings for them.

necromancer suffers against power damage and is strong against condis due to transfers and consume condition.unfortunately, necromancer is also weak against ccs and reaper struggles against stability corruption while necro also has incredibly strong corruption spam.

... in other words, if reaper can stick to the scourge without getting feared, facetank the burst, consume condition, and continue sticking and interrupting.. its pretty over.If not they're dead.

They both only have two evades, one distance closer/maker (both are 900 range), little to no access to stability (each has one stab skill), reaper has high power damage and scourge has high condi damage.

It's a grappler vs zoner match up basically. If the grappler gets in; hooo boy. If the zoner keeps away.. its all over.

afa.png

@Murdock.6547 said:necromancer suffers against power damage and is strong against condis due to transfers and consume condition.unfortunately, necromancer is also weak against ccs and reaper struggles against stability corruption while necro also has incredibly strong corruption spam.

... in other words, if reaper can stick to the scourge without getting feared, facetank the burst, consume condition, and continue sticking and interrupting.. its pretty over.If not they're dead.

They both only have two evades, one distance closer/maker (both are 900 range), little to no access to stability (each has one stab skill), reaper has high power damage and scourge has high condi damage.

It's a grappler vs zoner match up basically. If the grappler gets in; hooo boy. If the zoner keeps away.. its all over.

afa.png

My Scourge has access to at least 3 abilities that grant Stability. Trail of Anguish, Well of Power, Desert Shroud (traited) I also have high access to boon corruption and i steal any boon i remove or corrupt as well. Scourge Also has 2 teleport skills they have access to. If the Scourge has good boon corruption and can keep the condis coming, i'd say it leans towards the Scourge.

Well of power grants a single stack of stability that lasts a single second without boon duration. It's also really really ... I want to say bad, but it has niche uses. When paired with chronomancer runes its quite good to get a burst of quickness and a second of stab to get off a safer heal skill.

But if you take flesh wurm, well of power, and sand swell you give up trail of anguish which is arguably much stronger than any of those considering you want to kite a melee reaper.

Remember that you can only have three utilities. if I were the reaper, my three utils would be suffer, you're all weaklings, and spectral grasp believe it or not.CTTB and ConsumeCondi are must haves. The goal is to keep the chill up to keep their casts and movement down while trying to avoid shades and closing distance (or pulling them in) to beat them senseless.I might take melandru runes, maybe? I forget what the rune was called that converted condis on elite.

Also the trait that scourge has to steal boons is pretty crap vs a reaper as they have such poor boon access. You'll steal the stab, maybe, but honestly I wouldn't ever use my stab as a reaper to avoid getting feared since the scepter AA has a corrupt on it.

Again, it's a closer match than you think. But I couldn't honestly say who's top dog in an honest 1v1.

@Murdock.6547 said:Well of power grants a single stack of stability that lasts a single second without boon duration. It's also really really ... I want to say bad, but it has niche uses. When paired with chronomancer runes its quite good to get a burst of quickness and a second of stab to get off a safer heal skill.

But if you take flesh wurm, well of power, and sand swell you give up trail of anguish which is arguably much stronger than any of those considering you want to kite a melee reaper.

Remember that you can only have three utilities. if I were the reaper, my three utils would be suffer, you're all weaklings, and spectral grasp believe it or not.CTTB and ConsumeCondi are must haves. The goal is to keep the chill up to keep their casts and movement down while trying to avoid shades and closing distance (or pulling them in) to beat them senseless.I might take melandru runes, maybe? I forget what the rune was called that converted condis on elite.

Also the trait that scourge has to steal boons is pretty crap vs a reaper as they have such poor boon access. You'll steal the stab, maybe, but honestly I wouldn't ever use my stab as a reaper to avoid getting feared since the scepter AA has a corrupt on it.

Again, it's a closer match than you think. But I couldn't honestly say who's top dog in an honest 1v1.

Suffer and You're all weaklings would be easily countered. by using a single Nefarious Favor. Which for me corrupts 2 boons (i gain them) as well as turning 2 conditions into boons on like a 6 and half second cool down. Spectral Grasp would be harder and not sure if they improved the speed of it but before it was rather easy to avoid quite a lot of the time, as well as bugging out SO much on terrain that wasnt flat.

I personally dont play the use the shades for everything. I play more using the F skills and kinda ignoring the shades unless i see a good reason to use them, a lot of people just spam the mindless hell out of them and to me thats annoying as hell. Tedious and boring. I get the effects on myself, so if someones melee, i dont need the shades. Its Lyssa that converts 5 condis to 5 boons, 45second cool down iirc.

I have 2 counters to chilled to the bone myself, As i run several traits for Shroud, So its a stun break (iirc) as well as granting stability plus i myself run Trail of Anguish. Sand Swell would be better if it was instant cast and 1,200 range. That LONG as hell cast time pretty much ruins it as its too easy to interrupt. I dunno, they can might stack VERY easily and do have other boons that can be a benefit. If you're a Power reaper that doesnt rely on might for damage then yeah its nott he best of traits but against those that can easily stack 25Might it can be quite punishing.

'youre' all weakings' is more for the instant cast okay-ish cooldown stunbreak. it also gives weakness, a sort of cover condi for chill hopefully.chill, vuln, and weakness iirc nefarious favor only converts 2. And since reaper likes to really stack that vuln you're either gonna be eating more crits, or being chilled. There's a 1/3 chance you keep the weakness but... well, I like those odds.

fighting a necro you as a necro you don't want to give them too many cover condis because they'll just use them for more healing with Consume condi, but at the same time I really wanna keep that chill uptime to screw over cast cooldowns.Chill is -so- good. It converts to resistance, yeah, but on a power build that's not the end of the world. If anything that's good too since spinal shivers trait will bite harder when it procs.

I think it'd be an interesting matchup. My utilities probably aren't optimal, though.

@JustDemons.4358 said:

How do u remove 12 codis with ONE ability?

He is using stance trait to make bear stance last 6 sec with wilderness survival trait line, bear stance clears 2 per sec, 2*6=12, then the muddy terrain trait pops upon activation of bear stance which as this passive acts as a survival skill, when survival skills are traited he clears another 2 condis. Sooo.. 12+2 = 14 all from popping 1 ability, he can clear 14 condis, 12 from heal, 2 from trait passives.

Hope that helps. =)

Archived