Fix Blind Bug

bethekey.8314

This doesnt look like a bug, tbh. as its way to consistent and has been in the game... since forever kinda.

The blind doesnt get cleared by the explosions, the only thing that is clearing the blind, will be you directly hitting the target with the projectile of the grenade.

Why that is the case? i cant really tell you. i can only guess they did it, to balance the interaction of nades with blind. Because if the explosion would clear a blind... Nades would literally be immune to blind, as the same grenade barrage would clear the blind and still deal a wagonload of damage. And that would be hella overtuned for a AA skill without cooldown.

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This is not a bug. It always worked like this.

Just because something has always worked a certain way doesn't mean it's not a bug.

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

If we would not have this mechanic, grenades and therefore Engie would be basicly immune to blind, because they would simply clear and still hit with a single cast.

That's not immunity. It still causes an attack to miss, and this would be a counter. God forbid the game make some logical sense, where a multi-hit AoE explosion doesn't suffer much from blind inaccuracy.

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

he uses the nades during the evadeframe of the Rev and literally is confused why it didnt clear the blind....

If it was the evade frame, it would have said "evaded", not "miss".

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Why that is the case? i cant really tell you. i can only guess they did it, to balance the interaction of nades with blind. Because if the explosion would clear a blind... Nades would literally be immune to blind, as the same grenade barrage would clear the blind and still deal a wagonload of damage. And that would be hella overtuned for a AA skill without cooldown.

There's a difference between making a multi-hit attack like Grenades all miss for one blind, and having multiple separate attacks miss for one blind.

Right now, Grenades do worse than a normal auto attack against blind. That shouldn't happen, ever.

aegis and single blocks do the same thing against fast hitting attacks or even just auto chains afffected by swiftness at times

My guess either one or all of blind,aegis, and block, have some weird minimum uptime duration like .15s or shorter that glitches things out

1 hour ago, Rider.6024 said:

aegis and single blocks do the same thing against fast hitting attacks or even just auto chains affected by swiftness at times

My guess either one or all of blind,aegis, and block, have some weird minimum uptime duration like .15s or shorter that glitches things out

probably any defensive skill affects aoe dmg, but you can notice this on projectile skills only

lets say engi spams nade/mortar on a single player there are instances that you can see projectile hitting the target side but its not dealing any dmg to target or anything near the area your skill is hitting

how are we still riddling here!?

it works just how i pointed it out. period.

What is happening here is, that the explosions of the Grenades DO NOT clear the blind. To clear the blind with grenades, you need to produce a "direct hit" with the projectile of the Grenades. If that is intended or not... is debatable, but that is EXACTLY what is happening.

It has nothing to do with weird uptimes, otherwise you could not throw 5 grenade back to back to back and all of them miss, until the first projectile travels thru the hitbox of the enemy player.

it might be a bug, and it was reported numerous times. I myself reported it like 4 years prior to this post. I thought it was completly random when it clears the blind, until someone pointed out to me how it works.

The fact that its still around shows one of the two things. 1) they dont care  or   2) its not a bug.

Edited by Sahne.6950