Very Low FPS In Trading Post [Merged]

Yesterday i had some problems  with the trading post myself. Not sure how this system is supposed to work but your current location seems to be part of the problem/solution. In Armistice Bastion i was unable to open TP (i even got errors). I moved to Divinity Reach and TP opened immediately. It is maybe a coincidence but it was not the first time that i experienced this problem (moving to another location always fixed my TP problems).

Edited by GODh.3892
typos

16 hours ago, GODh.3892 said:

Yesterday i had some problems  with the trading post myself. Not sure how this system is supposed to work but your current location seems to be part of the problem/solution. In Armistice Bastion i was unable to open TP (i even got errors). I moved to Divinity Reach and TP opened immediately. It is maybe a coincidence but it was not the first time that i experienced this problem (moving to another location always fixed my TP problems).

I had the same problem both times I tried in Armistice Bastion today. Switching to a different map solved the problem. It definitely looks like Armistice Bastion is the problem here. Once I switched to Mistlock Sanctuary and the other time to a regular map. I must test with my portable TP in Armistice Bastion to see if that behaves differently.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

I had the same problem both times I tried in Armistice Bastion today. Switching to a different map solved the problem. It definitely looks like Armistice Bastion is the problem here. Once I switched to Mistlock Sanctuary and the other time to a regular map. I must test with my portable TP in Armistice Bastion to see if that behaves differently.

Currently Armistice Bastion seems to be bad, but in the past i have seen this problem also with other maps.

And it has been awhile now, but in the past i also had similar problems with going to our guildhall. Then i click the button (to go to guildhall) and nothing happens. Then i switch map, click that button again and the problem is solved.

I am not an expert, but to me that sounds like a internal network problem (afaik every map has it's own IP).

1 hour ago, GODh.3892 said:

Currently Armistice Bastion seems to be bad, but in the past i have seen this problem also with other maps.

And it has been awhile now, but in the past i also had similar problems with going to our guildhall. Then i click the button (to go to guildhall) and nothing happens. Then i switch map, click that button again and the problem is solved.

I am not an expert, but to me that sounds like a internal network problem (afaik every map has it's own IP).

It's not the map itself that is the problem, it's the vendor. I set up my person trading post about 10 feet away from the Armistice Bastion one. My one was perfect. Lightning fast. The Armistice Bastion one was dead slow. I returned between them about 3 times to test and it was the same. I also tested with DX11 enabled and disabled. The same thing.

Edit: It may have something to do with the number of people using the TP vendor

Edited by Graymatter.4723
  • Like 1

I've solved the problems I had, which included an unusable TP. I play under linux with lutris.
I had to change DXVK Version in the runner options:

DXVK Version = v1.10.2    - this one works fine without any difficulties
DXVK Version = v1.10L     - this one produces crashes and flickering windows or freezes at the TP

Mea Culpa, GW2-Team, it wasn't your great game! ❤️

Aloha & Have fun

Edited by Ashreen Destemas.6840
Love
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

It's not the map itself that is the problem, it's the vendor.

Problem is that it can't be the vendor, because this problem also happens (at least to me) when you access TP without the vendor (default key = O). I only use the vendor when i need to collect something.

I've not changed my settings, and something definitely broke on the last big update, because the TP is often very slow.  But sometimes it behaves fast - really hit or miss.  I don't know if my characters location has anything to do with it, or it may just be more of a load balancer issue - sometimes, you connect to the fast TP, sometimes you get the slow one.

I've found that since the patch, the TP is pretty unusable most all of the time for normal sell off stuff I'm full on while normal playing.

However, it seems to work much better, relative, when I'm in an instanced area like the fractal lobby. Which made me wonder if it was a load issue with the normal world area like Lion's Arch. If I'd find a convenient instance close to a TP I'd use it for now.

Windows 11 client here:

Deleted my gw2 cache folder. No performance change, trading post itself is still slow and extremely delayed when opened.
Ran a gw2 repair, again, no change.

Whatever was done on that tuesday patch has completely messed up how the TP loads on most clients, to the point that it is not usable in nearly every situation.
This has directly impacted both the ability to play the game as well as the ability to spend money on the game.

EDIT: further testing for more useful information.
The slowdown in the TP/BLTP etc, seems to only happen when you try to access the menu using "o" or the UI.

Talking to a trading post NPC does not generate this issue {or if it is, its much less severe}.  TP is still slightly slower feeling than it did before the big balance patch that seemed to have kickstarted this issue. . 

Edited by Lockheart.4312
  • Thanks 1

Getting client crashes and poor UI graphics when trying to load the trading post.  Page looks like it is trying to render like a webpage.  But that webpage is hosted by Bobby on his 24k dialup modem that hundreds of people try to connect to.  Please fix this.  I want to not crash every hour and send multiple reports every day.  The crashing problem began occuring with this last update.  The latency has been there since the beginning of time.  Imagine all of the Steam people seeing this! (added for urgency to get a fix in)

On 7/12/2022 at 1:51 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

People are requesting this every time there is a visual effect for a spec that stays on them while being out of combat.

• Guardians were requesting a toggle for their passive aegis shield
  • Soulbeasts were requesting a toggle for their green pet fusion animation
  • Heralds were requesting a toggle for their aspect marker
  • Untameds are requesting a toggle for their unleashed buff
  • Virtuosos are requesting a toggle for their daggers
  • Some Engineers even requested a toggle for the red glow from the trait explosive entrance

All have the same arguments going for them. These markers are important for competitive play to give information to the enemy about your current state. So they will be default in that environment anyway.

In PvE, they surely won't make a toggle for just one of these classes. They could implement one that disables all class specific markers for that player, but this is probably alot of work for something that the majority of players doesn't really care about.

So I don't think that this will change any time in the future. But it will be brought up every single time some visual e-spec effect is overlaying your fashion.

• Sad 1

I don't know the intricacies of the programming for toggling the things mentioned above.  But, we are toggling many things already.  We can toggle to display or disable from viewing our weapons, helmet, shoulder armor, gloves and backpack.   So I don't think it's unreasonable to request to have this function too. 

• Sad 1

I had the same slowdown of the BLTC since the last patch and was able to fix it, running Windows 11.  Under the options panel (F11), Graphics Options, I changed Frame Limiter from "Unlimited" to "60".  After that, the BLTC returned to its normal chunky-but-usable state.

What appears to have happened (at least for me) was that the rendering of the game world was chewing up all of my GPU resources (which it should, with unlimited frame rates), but nothing was reserved for the BLTC browser. When I pulled up the Trading Post interface, it lost the fight for resources.  I could see this in the Task Manager: whenever the game was running at Unlimited frame rates, the 3D rendering processor was at 100%.  Limiting the frame rate dropped it to ~80%.  

Hope that helps someone.

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, GODh.3892 said:

Problem is that it can't be the vendor, because this problem also happens (at least to me) when you access TP without the vendor (default key = O). I only use the vendor when i need to collect something.

I think that part depends on the last vendor you used. If I use the vendor and then move away and try to sell something with "O". It's slow. If the last vendor I used was my personal one, it's fast again.

On 8/3/2022 at 1:52 AM, Androo.5643 said:

I had the same slowdown of the BLTC since the last patch and was able to fix it, running Windows 11.  Under the options panel (F11), Graphics Options, I changed Frame Limiter from "Unlimited" to "60".  After that, the BLTC returned to its normal chunky-but-usable state.

What appears to have happened (at least for me) was that the rendering of the game world was chewing up all of my GPU resources (which it should, with unlimited frame rates), but nothing was reserved for the BLTC browser. When I pulled up the Trading Post interface, it lost the fight for resources.  I could see this in the Task Manager: whenever the game was running at Unlimited frame rates, the 3D rendering processor was at 100%.  Limiting the frame rate dropped it to ~80%.  

Hope that helps someone.

OMG that fixed it!

back to being able to flix through the trade post.

thank you so much!