Spellbreaker buff pve + pvp

Valkan.6514

Currently, spb pretty underwhelming in pve and pvp imo. My suggestion may not be perfect, feel free to add/correct me, and sorry if there's any bad english.

Spellbreaker conviction now cast magebane tether on burst, but only reveal, 10% dmg increase and pull effect that stays, no might gain.

Attacker insight now gain stack per second when magebane tether active, this helps with maintain stacks in pve where mob dont have boon and without need too much cc, so we can focus on damage skills.

The grandmasters that change how magebane tether interact with enemies: 

Enchantment collapse now remove boon every second to enemies tethered.

Revenge counter ignores blind and transfer condi to enemies tethered.

And the old magebane tether now enchanced, now can tether up to 5 target, but reduce duration to 6 sec, gain 1 might per target. This make it not too opressive in 1v1, but a potential teamfighter.

Break enchantments now deal extra dmg to enemy without boon. And maybe Winds of enchantment increase duration of boons for allies inside the bubble by 1 sec per pulse, but maybe this is too much for pve, i dont know. Thanks for reading.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

So I assume this is put onto the last minor trait?

Cast MBT on burst as you described,gain stacks of AI per second that MBT is active.

Each of the GM traits further augments each pulse of MBT.

Not keen on the drastic change to Winds, rather see it unnerfed instead. I like your idea on changing Mage Bane Tether though.

I personally am not a fan of this approach. I feel it unifies the play style too much. MBT is the best trait in the GM rn, sure, but that’s because the others are just exceptionally bad. Changing the others to give a diverse set of play styles by altering the functionality of Full Counter is a better approach imo. Just my opinion though. 

An example;

Revenge counter: now deals a set amount of damage (1350, enough to kill a Mesmer clone on a crit at 200% crow damage) and transfers conditions instead of copying conditions. 

This would now give a good area denial aspect to full counter, and give spell consistent condition clear. It creates a completely different set of use cases for full counter compared to MBT, but keeps the same fundamental concept in tact. Again, just my view though, I’m by no means right 🙂 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I personally am not a fan of this approach. I feel it unifies the play style too much. MBT is the best trait in the GM rn, sure, but that’s because the others are just exceptionally bad. Changing the others to give a diverse set of play styles by altering the functionality of Full Counter is a better approach imo. Just my opinion though. 

An example;

Revenge counter: now deals a set amount of damage (1350, enough to kill a Mesmer clone on a crit at 200% crow damage) and transfers conditions instead of copying conditions. 

This would now give a good area denial aspect to full counter, and give spell consistent condition clear. It creates a completely different set of use cases for full counter compared to MBT, but keeps the same fundamental concept in tact. Again, just my view though, I’m by no means right 🙂 

No worries, we just sharing ideas here xD. Yeah, if they put the damage back in FC and change to condi transfer maybe it can bump up spb abit in pvp, but pve spb will stay weak, thats why i try make the attacker insight gain abit easy through baseline MBT. about unifies the playstyle, i think 3 diff way of playstyle can be used based on GM choice, top vs heavy boons, mid vs condis, bottom for teamfight and general damage (up to 5 might/sec if 5 target tether). So we dont get pigeonholed into duelist MMR and make top GM viable option. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valkan.6514 said:

No worries, we just sharing ideas here xD. Yeah, if they put the damage back in FC and change to condi transfer maybe it can bump up spb abit in pvp, but pve spb will stay weak, thats why i try make the attacker insight gain abit easy through baseline MBT. about unifies the playstyle, i think 3 diff way of playstyle can be used based on GM choice, top vs heavy boons, mid vs condis, bottom for teamfight and general damage (up to 5 might/sec if 5 target tether). So we dont get pigeonholed into duelist MMR and make top GM viable option. 

I always encourage more idea sharing! I’m personally fine with spell being a competitive first spec, which is probably a source of our differing views. 

I agree with making the top GM viable, but again, I see this as more limiting in play styles than enhancing. What I mean by that is the current system basically has 3 different spec mechanics; basic FC (top GM), enhanced FC (Revenge counter), and a 2 part FC (MBT), each isn’t just a different effect on the class mechanic, but an entire set off different use cases that dictate the play style. Str Dagger duelist with MBT plays very differently than the old defense revenge counter build because it focuses more around setting up and managing MBT than it does on the direct effect of full counter. 

To make top GM more impactful under this version, adding something like; Full counter applies disenchantment (3s) would probably fulfill set up a good, differing set of use cases. 

Please don’t let my disagreement prevent you from sharing ideas, I love more ideas, whether I agree with them or not. You are certain to find people who do agree (other people have commented in support) and disagree, and together we can work to refine each others ideas and make even better ideas! Take care my guy :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valkan.6514 said:

See, this is what I want to see. Proper and polite discourse even if there is disagreement rather than someone resulting to clown emojis.

I think your ideas on reworking what MBT does and keying the GM traits off it has merit and is worthy of discussion. Oscuro does also have some valid criticism that is worth mulling over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I always encourage more idea sharing! I’m personally fine with spell being a competitive first spec, which is probably a source of our differing views. 

I agree with making the top GM viable, but again, I see this as more limiting in play styles than enhancing. What I mean by that is the current system basically has 3 different spec mechanics; basic FC (top GM), enhanced FC (Revenge counter), and a 2 part FC (MBT), each isn’t just a different effect on the class mechanic, but an entire set off different use cases that dictate the play style. Str Dagger duelist with MBT plays very differently than the old defense revenge counter build because it focuses more around setting up and managing MBT than it does on the direct effect of full counter. 

To make top GM more impactful under this version, adding something like; Full counter applies disenchantment (3s) would probably fulfill set up a good, differing set of use cases. 

Please don’t let my disagreement prevent you from sharing ideas, I love more ideas, whether I agree with them or not. You are certain to find people who do agree (other people have commented in support) and disagree, and together we can work to refine each others ideas and make even better ideas! Take care my guy 🙂

Ah, i see your point, indeed it feels like my version of spb not focus in FC variaton anymore but MBT. Your idea of top GM is pretty interesting too, maybe if anet buff other traitline sustain a bit so we can safely move from RC/MBT, i can see top will be solid pick as teamfighter. I bring pve just bcause i wanna bring my spb everywhere, not pvp only xD. No worries, even in disagreement we can see each other points and ideas and its enough for me. Have a good day to you too, sir. 😁  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

See, this is what I want to see. Proper and polite discourse even if there is disagreement rather than someone resulting to clown emojis.

I think your ideas on reworking what MBT does and keying the GM traits off it has merit and is worthy of discussion. Oscuro does also have some valid criticism that is worth mulling over.

Yes, i dont really like clash with ppl on inet, enough of that in RL xD. If something dont suit me, either agree to disagree or just move on. I just wanna see warrior improve, no matter whose idea it is, as long as its good for warr xD.

• Like 1

In PVE Spellbreaker needs a proper niche as a support in some manner, since its main mechanic Full Counter is defensive and the spec will never be good DPS spec, and that is ok if it did help groups in some other manner.

It needs a trait that activates FC instantly or double tap activation to have a good dps Flow rotation, since the activation is based on getting hit which is reactive, it is good in its own way but it doesn't translate well in doing damage, since your main mechanic is situational. The way it is now SpB is just warrior with level 1 bursts that sometimes absorbs an attack and does a little damage after.

Maybe it needs some kind of group support Full counter trait. Maybe it needs Meditations to be group oriented damage mitigation ,they are a good place to start since they are kind of subpar. Maybe off hand dagger Bladestorm should be front Area block like Photon wall on Holo and Bulwark on DH. Maybe they could make it DPS/Healer hybrid with Zealot's stats or something like that we do have kitten all of those, or the easier Diviner DPS/ boon Support .

Now for some dreams , SpB needs to get ele summon kit that is a spear just for the Sunspear RP factor.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

In PVE Spellbreaker needs a proper niche as a support in some manner, since its main mechanic Full Counter is defensive and the spec will never be good DPS spec, and that is ok if it did help groups in some other manner.

It needs a trait that activates FC instantly or double tap activation to have a good dps Flow rotation, since the activation is based on getting hit which is reactive, it is good in its own way but it doesn't translate well in doing damage, since your main mechanic is situational. The way it is now SpB is just warrior with level 1 bursts that sometimes absorbs an attack and does a little damage after.

Maybe it needs some kind of group support Full counter trait. Maybe it needs Meditations to be group oriented damage mitigation ,they are a good place to start since they are kind of subpar. Maybe off hand dagger Bladestorm should be front Area block like Photon wall on Holo and Bulwark on DH. Maybe they could make it DPS/Healer hybrid with Zealot's stats or something like that we do have kitten all of those, or the easier Diviner DPS/ boon Support .

Now for some dreams , SpB needs to get ele summon kit that is a spear just for the Sunspear RP factor.    

Meditations as group supp skills is a great idea too i think, something like Imminent Threat gives party protection or barrier maybe? I actually wanna see Sight Beyond Sight gives party ferocity, but anet seems to avoid stat bumping party supp besides boons xD. For the RP, pls anet bring underwater weapons as core land weapons pls 🙏.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, Vancho.8750 said:

IF it could be used as both offensive and defensive support would be nice i thought i heard someone say ANET wanted to possibly make spb a support?

Edited by Axl.8924

Here is my idea:

Dagger:

Auraslicer add remove aura on hit

Wrastrells ruin add quickness to foes not using skills

Breaching strike remove more boons

Traits:

Guard counter either applys protection to allies as well or add aegis

Slowcounter applies daze instead of cripple

(Additional idea for slow counter is to replace with communal counter which gives the effect of full counter on nearby allies when you start it you would change loss aversion to apply weakness to does you remove a boon from instead of doing an attack you would still get adrenaline this would go well with guard counter )

Enchantment collapse remove or decrease internal cooldown

Megabane tether reveals nearby enemies on burst instead of in hit

This would allow for protective support capabilities

Edited by Infinity.2876