why rated with random bad players?

Kima.3780

why can't we have a team of 4 or 5 friends and join Rated pvp games???

problem with rated:

-the rewards of rated vs doing unrated are so good that attract really bad players, and the experience is terrible,

-ppl just afk till the game is over for dailies or farming,

-ppl doing really dumb stuff (like going 1v5 to die)  or just going mid over and over and over....

i know some will say do a tournament, but now i have to wait for certain times and make a schedule, and be sure to get 5 guys at once.

if we give the same rewards in unrated,  let's leave the bad players doing unrated and rated will be fun and challenging matches.  

if we let having a team of 3 to 5 in a party and join the rated pvp match will also help. that way you can start making a team as you do matches and find good candidates,  (one game you add one to your party, one or 2 games later you find another good player... you add it, now you have 3... and not lock to a certain number)

if someone afk/dc bring some one from the queue in. 

why can't we have a good pvp experience?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kima.3780 said:

problem with rated:

-the rewards of rated vs doing unrated are so good that attract really bad players, and the experience is terrible,

-ppl doing really dumb stuff (like going 1v5 to die)  or just going mid over and over and over....

i know some will say do a tournament, but now i have to wait for certain times and make a schedule, and be sure to get 5 guys at once.

if we give the same rewards in unrated,  let's leave the bad players doing unrated and rated will be fun and challenging matches.  

if we let having a team of 3 to 5 in a party and join the rated pvp match will also help. that way you can start making a team as you do matches and find good candidates,  (one game you add one to your party, one or 2 games later you find another good player... you add it, now you have 3... and not lock to a certain number)

because without the "pve-farmer-badplayers", the people that think they are good but are stuck in silver and bronze "because of their team" would have noone to play with. 😉

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kima.3780 said:

problem with rated:

I’m probably one of the players you don’t want to be teamed up with. Mid to low silver. I don’t generally do stupid rotation stuff, and rarely get distracted from capture points, but I do fumble around with buttons, get killed for stupid mistakes, and have a terrible time choosing the right targets if no one is calling them.

With your solution, making rewards equal ranked and unranked, I would still play ranked. This is because it is duo queue, which means I can play with my son, but (mostly) not face five-person coordinated teams (outside of the dodgers).

We get totally wrecked in unranked, but end up with some really great matches with similarly skilled players in ranked.

Equalize rewards, make unranked duo-queue, and let people who want to fight over placement on a leader board put together a team to do so, and I’ll gladly move over to unranked.

Edited by Gibson.4036

32 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’m probably one of the players you don’t want to be teamed up with. Mid to low silver. I don’t generally do stupid rotation stuff, and rarely get distracted from capture points, but I do fumble around with buttons, get killed for stupid mistakes, and have a terrible time choosing the right targets if no one is calling them.

With your solution, making rewards equal ranked and unranked, I would still play ranked. This is because it is duo queue, which means I can play with my son, but (mostly) not face five-person coordinated teams (outside of the dodgers).

We get totally wrecked in unranked, but end up with some really great matches with similarly skilled players in ranked.

Equalize rewards, make unranked duo-queue, and let people who want to fight over placement on a leader board put together a team to do so, and I’ll gladly move over to unranked.

Or you can keep enjoying ranked which you're entitled to just like the OP. That's what divisions are for. And if the division matchmaking is screwed right now because the playerbase is too diminished, then that's just something a PvP player has to accept and deal with these days.

Accept the state of affairs OP, or just find a new game. That's the only answer because there hasn't been any mention of giving some love to this game mode in a very long time. The only thing that might help is the steam release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Or you can keep enjoying ranked which you're entitled to just like the OP.

Totally, that's what we do.

I wouldn't mind, though, moving my casual self to unranked so the people who fret about what metal the game applies to them can do so in peace, under the conditions I described.

I have no interest in the leaderboard, and play PvP for the fun matches, and secondarily the progress toward Ascension and leggie armor. It might be nice to have a playground with other casual PvPers like me, where we're not frustrating the rank-seekers, and they're not blowing their stacks over our gameplay.

Mostly, I just wanted to let the OP undertand that rewards are not the only thing keeping us in Ranked.

15 hours ago, Kima.3780 said:

problem with rated:

The gamemode suffers because there is a lack of players. And you want to silve this by... driving players away. MY COMRADE! Accelerationism will win us this war!