Imagine this *new* mechanic; silence anti dash/tp, and spellbreaker

Zekent.3652

Imagine if we had a silence mechanic where you don't let your enemies use their skills, kinda like daze but ignores stab, and anti dash/teleport skills, like most good competitive games that has many dashes/tps, this could fit pretty nice on spellbreaker, these 2 new mechanics.

And yeah, just fix spellbreaker damage as you improved bladesworn, improve/change the skills and numbers buff on CORE bursts and daggers.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Confused 1

anything that helps warrior is pretty much welcome at this point...

but how about we dont add another mechanic... that is practically a daze... but not really a daze, because it is a cc that ignores stabi!?

just add more strips to spellbreaker so they can strip stab and then daze/stun?  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

anything that helps warrior is pretty much welcome at this point...

but how about we dont add another mechanic... that is practically a daze... but not really a daze, because it is a cc that ignores stabi!?

just add more strips to spellbreaker so they can strip stab and then daze/stun?  

A daze that doesn't needs to land on a target with aegis/stab/dodge or blind on you, an unique effect that counters rat-like overtuned (in terms of mobility) builds, like DE, Specter, WB, you can daze/stun a thief and they instantly disengage or abuse their shadowstep.

Edited by Zizekent.2398

Just now, Zizekent.2398 said:

A daze that doesn't needs to land on a target with aegis/stab/dodge or blind on you, an unique effect that counters rat-like overtuned (in terms of mobility) builds, like DE, Specter, WB.

hm.. a spec having mechanics that complelty bypass a majority of the games mechanics.......   where have i heard this....

AH YES! BSW.  And people hate it!

no thanks.

heres my take on how to do it using actually existing gameplay mechanics, that dont ignore half of this games fundamental mechanics.

-add more boonstrip to spellbreaker.

-add a trait that denys the reapplication of formerly removed boons for 5 seconds.

-add a boonstriporder to spellbreaker  stabi<protection<yada yada

-add sources of resistance to spellbreaker to fix its weakness to blind and weakness.

PROFIT!

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

hm.. a spec having mechanics that complelty bypass a majority of the games mechanics.......   where have i heard this....

AH YES! BSW.  And people hate it!

no thanks.

heres my take on how to do it using actually existing gameplay mechanics, that dont ignore half of this games fundamental mechanics.

-add more boonstrip to spellbreaker.

-add a trait that denys the reapplication of formerly removed boons for 5 seconds.

-add a boonstriporder to spellbreaker  stabi<protection<yada yada

-add sources of resistance to spellbreaker to fix its weakness to blind and weakness.

PROFIT!

And how do you deal with the classes that disengages over and over like i said up there by just removing boons?

Just now, Zizekent.2398 said:

And how do you deal with the classes that disengages over and over like i said up there by just removing boons?

definitly not by adding another mechanic to warrior that yet bypasses 50% of this games combat mechanics!

if you have CC skills that also rip stability, the rip will always happen prior to the CC coming. Thus you can relaibly stun people and keep them stunlocked at best.

maybe add immobilizes or something? i am not really sure. All i am saying is, that we already have a spec that is bypassing fundamental parts of this games combat.... and it is a bad design.

Stabistrip on CC skills and immobilizes is what you are searching for here. Pair that with some sources of resistance on Spellbreaker and it will be able to compete in the meta.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mage Bane Tether.

Yes, and then there are at least other 2-3 disengages (and even more...), my point here is just giving warrior a way to deal with classes that moves way too much, these things really makes me wish a rework on core and spellbreaker warrior.

26 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Yes, and then there are at least other 2-3 disengages (and even more...), my point here is just giving warrior a way to deal with classes that moves way too much, these things really makes me wish a rework on core and spellbreaker warrior.

Honestly Magebane Tether would be the solution to that too.

• Magebane Tether on Burst or Full Counter (no ICD)
  • Max 3 Targets (Ensures less abuse by AoE bursts)
  • Duration 4s - Because of the ease by which it can be applied, it should last a shorter duration
  • Range 360 - Because of the ease by which it can be applied, it should be a smaller radius
  • Effects
    • Every 1s, inflict Daze 1/4s - Synergizes with Dispelling Force, punishes enemies for getting in close.
    • If enemy is outside of range, inflict Immobilize (1s) - Punishes enemies for running away (and turns Rifle/Longbow burst into an instant Immobilize at range)

I would go one step further to say that Loss Aversion should occur as long as a boon removal action was taken (Dispelling Force, Enchantment Collapse, Break Enchantments, Breaching Strike). Provides an Adrenaline & DPS option through Spellbreaker by leaning into the "focus on breaking spells" playstyle.

I've advocated for giving Spellbreaker a skill like GW1's Power Lock, where a skill interrupted disables the skill for a period of time.

I would suggest three ways to insert such a mechanic into Spellbreaker, put 1 iteration with the longest most oppressive disable on Disrupting Stab (Dagger 3) by default, no trait needed. 

Put a second iteration, via trait in the Spellbreaker trait line, that is a medium length disable on any disables Spellbreaker can perform through other Core weapon sets ie Hammer and Mace.

Put a third iteration, no trait needed, on Full Counter that is a very short disable.  The particular skill affected would exceed the duration of Full Counter's Daze.

Throw in additional boon rips via other dagger skills and Spellbreaker could fill a good niche as boonripper and functional counter to Alacrity.

Edited by RiyazGuerra.9203
grammar