Question about Charrzookas and Dominon Bombers

I was back in DWC this weekend and got really frustrated with the Charrzookas in the Dominion bombers events. The Charrzooka missiles are homing, yet they seem to miss half of the time at least. I found that chances of hitting were higher when the bombers were moving more or less toward you, but as soon as they begin passing by you, you start hitting once in a blue moon, despite said homing missiles moving much faster than the bombers.

Bug or feature? Better tactics than the one I described?

• Like 2

Get to the highest area, rooftops or high up on the cliffs. Select Nearest Enemy using your keybinds. Spam missiles and reload as soon as you can. Often there's a bomber just overhead, and you'll be able to hit it a few times before it moves out of range.

Of course, to destroy them will usually require 2 or 3 players hitting them.

11 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

I was back in DWC this weekend and got really frustrated with the Charrzookas in the Dominion bombers events. The Charrzooka missiles are homing, yet they seem to miss half of the time at least. I found that chances of hitting were higher when the bombers were moving more or less toward you, but as soon as they begin passing by you, you start hitting once in a blue moon, despite said homing missiles moving much faster than the bombers.

Bug or feature? Better tactics than the one I described?

I've had this too, and watched the missile sailing past. I'm in NZ and have high ping. Guildies have suggested it might be my ping. Could that be a reason that you're experiencing this?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 6:49 PM, EmmetOtter.8542 said:

Did you click/select the bomber to make it your target?

Yes, I always select them.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, Silent.6137 said:

Get to the highest area, rooftops or high up on the cliffs. Select Nearest Enemy using your keybinds. Spam missiles and reload as soon as you can. Often there's a bomber just overhead, and you'll be able to hit it a few times before it moves out of range.

Of course, to destroy them will usually require 2 or 3 players hitting them.

Check, that is already my default operating procedure.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:56 AM, Hesione.9412 said:

I've had this too, and watched the missile sailing past. I'm in NZ and have high ping. Guildies have suggested it might be my ping. Could that be a reason that you're experiencing this?

I am in Eastern Canada. There is no reason ping would be worse than most other people.

• Like 1