PVP restrictions

After returning to the game and doing a complete run through all expansions etc we decided to go into pvp get our level up and play ranked to work towards armor/weapons/legendary armor etc aswell as do open world grinding.

Me and my 2 mates get to 20 and are ready to play ranked only to be told we cannot play together as the party size is max of 2. Why would this even be a thing. In my opinion if you want to queue solo that is your choice (meaning no offence to anyone doing so) so why is ANet allowing solo players to dictate how the game should be played. It has always been since day 1 a multiplayer game however they are in some terms removing multiplayer. Defeats the point of structured pvp, defeats the point of the game entirely where it encourages you to play with friends and guild members alike.

I understand the frustration with a full team of 5 coming in and completely destroying your team but likewise you can go into a game and completely destroy theirs. That is the game in my opinion you take the good with the bad, but to remove playing with your friends is beyond me and frankly is a complete waste of the game mode. Unranked is where it should be restricted as people are jumping into unranked for casual playing and not caring win or lose (obviously everyone wants to win but you get what im saying). There is nothing more frustrating than playing with an uncoordinated team in ranked as this is having a massive impacted on your leveling and pips for the chest. 

Put a ticket in about this to only get a response from the customer support team to tell me that they are only customer support and they have no influence over this and that the only way to get this across is through the forum. Now from what I can see, the question was asked on the forum when they implemented the party max to 2 and yet no answer was given by the dev team as it seems a lot of the questions asked in the forum don't get answered. So lets see if this gets answer.

And as for the players go easy on the post I know you will all have your opinions on the matter, good and bad. All I ask before responding is to remember that it is a multiplayer game and yet the game mode prevents multiplayer. Regardless of feelings around balancing for solo queueing players, its still a multiplayer game.

Happy gaming to all :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

This is why I stated "in some terms removing multiplayer". Multiplayer in its own word means multiple people. If it was just 2 its should be called coop or duos. Just how I perceive multiplayer I guess. Some people may have a different take on multiplayer.

And the point of end game is to grind for legendaries. So if ANet were to remove raids, dungeons, strike mission from having parties the community would be non existent to a certain point (only solo players left). Kind of defeats there MMO tag. Just a thought

Edited by shadowhiggins.1740

Basically anet let the pvp community bleed to the point having a full team q is highly exploitable

Right now you can exploit matchmaking with duo

if you q 3 am with the least played class that i believe is mesmer atm, if 2 duos q up as mesmer they're likely to be matched against each other

Ppl use this stuff to exploit their way into high rank leaderboards

We had top 1 player with a 118/2 record more than once

A full team q would let this exploit go even further, as ppl can multibox thei alt account and q up as 5 mesmer, then one team will be afk cuz it'll be the same players in 2 accounts each exploiting for free mmr

Even if ppl are really good this exploiters can get the top title (it has happened with duo q already)

And no, anet doesn't look into this kind of stuff as they ignored 118/2 record and other very similar stats

Community has been demanding the duo q removal for a long time right now, but "top players" don't let it happen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, shadowhiggins.1740 said:

Put a ticket in about this to only get a response from the customer support team to tell me that they are only customer support and they have no influence over this and that the only way to get this across is through the forum.

YOU RECEIVED A ANSWER FROM THE SUPPORT!?!?!?!

i send them a list of over 26 Bugs that are completly breaking the game.... from invulnerability glitches, to gear that is literally not doing anything....  traits that do not function...

and i receive silence!? 

i have submitted over 20 diffrent bugreports by now.... i submitted videos of like 6 diffrent cheaters.... and i get no response...

you cry about pvp and they answer you?

WHAT THE DUCK!?🦆

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, shadowhiggins.1740 said:

Put a ticket in about this to only get a response from the customer support team to tell me that they are only customer support and they have no influence over this and that the only way to get this across is through the forum.

I like to think that I'm not one to get angry or frustrated easily, but those working at customer support... those people have some PATIENCE. I mean their work is not that hard but at the same time... yes, yes it is.

Unfortunately, GW2 PvP is basically trash on all fronts.  The game has no real presence or prestige, so winning inherently lacks value.  The metagame has too much bloat, which devalues the effort taken to win when utilizing it (this is to say that most of the effort in winning is generally frontloaded into choosing the easiest build).  Consistency isn't achieved so much through practice as it is running a really strong build.  Patch notes do most of the work.

Because GW2 is too easy, the weird solution developed was to artificially decrease win consistency by using a borked matchmaking algorithm and restricting full team set-ups.  It's pretty laughable.  It won't change because anet is bizarrely prideful and obstinate for their lack of accomplishments.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:01 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

YOU RECEIVED A ANSWER FROM THE SUPPORT!?!?!?!

i send them a list of over 26 Bugs that are completly breaking the game.... from invulnerability glitches, to gear that is literally not doing anything....  traits that do not function...

and i receive silence!? 

i have submitted over 20 diffrent bugreports by now.... i submitted videos of like 6 diffrent cheaters.... and i get no response...

you cry about pvp and they answer you?

WHAT THE DUCK!?🦆

LMAO. I'm a person of my word and when I submitted a ticket with your bugs, I literally got a response from one of the GMs. I thought he was very kind. I will post a screenie to show that they responded promptly and professionally. Of course, I doubt the nice GM could fix the bugs but I did get a response.

Edited by greedywholesome.9081

1 hour ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

LMAO. I'm a person of my word and when I submitted a ticket with your bugs, I literally got a response from one of the GMs. I thought he was very kind. I will post a screenie to show that they responded promptly and professionally. Of course, I doubt the nice GM could fix the bugs but I did get a response.

glad to hear that! MAYYYYBE they will fix some of the issues.

Edited by Sahne.6950