[Suggestion] "On My Mark" boon strip/corruption

firedragon.8953

Warrior has a whole spec (which doesn't see much play in PvE anyway) dedicated to boon removal, but practically every dps spec can bring a boon strip utility (like necro core utility "Corrupt Boon") with them in game except warrior because spellbreaker is not really a dps class.

The shout "On My Mark" seems pretty underpowered and underutilized. I suggest having this shout also remove (or corrupt) up to 2 boons on a target.

I agree with DanAlcedo's idea of making it AoE. Frankly, it doesn't make sense for this skill to affect just a single target. I like the revealed effect and makes the skill useful for pvp but with how easy it is to miss, it should be made AoE maybe with lesser revealed duration and limit to 3 targets. As it is now, it's very underwhelming and not worth a utility slot at all 🥺

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

And boon strip...? My whole point was giving warrior boon strip so they can bring a utility (strip) that is expected from most dps classes, not that it is not an AoE effect. This is more a PvE-centered gripe, although this also would be really nice to have on something like a shout spellbreaker.

I mean, I understand the AoE idea since it is a shout, but that wasn't the purpose of my post. Also, I assume you are shouting to your allies to focus fire on one target, since that is the meaning of "on my mark." Your "mark" wouldn't really be multiple targets.

On another note, thematically I can see this as a boon corrupt/strip skill since calling out one individual, weakening them and revealing them would also be quite the hit to morale.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe boon strip could be a thing to consider but a 1200 range instant cast boon strip with vulnerability on top could be a bit too strong. Break Enchantments with such low cooldown already plays this role when you play as spellbreaker.

And I don't quite understand what you mean by all professions able to bring boon strip/corrupt. What profession and skills do you mean? Also to add on, imo boon corrupt will never be a thing for warrior. Thematically speaking, warrior is not a profession meant to corrupt boons. They are not using dark magic or will shouting at some corrupt them because warriors do not use magic, they work with physical power, meditations and ability to cut through magic as a spellbreaker. Overall, the boon strip could be a good idea if the "on my mark" has a cast time and the range is reduced. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Uh, I feel like my point is not getting through at all. 😅

58 minutes ago, Darshanx.7063 said:

Break Enchantments with such low cooldown already plays this role when you play as spellbreaker.

I directly addressed this in my first post. SpB is not a dps class in PvE. So either greatly enhance SpB damage (easier said than done) or make a "useless core skill" such as "On My Mark" provide boon strip.

1 hour ago, Darshanx.7063 said:

And I don't quite understand what you mean by all professions able to bring boon strip/corrupt. What profession and skills do you mean?

Core mesmer, thief, necro, revenant, engi.... All have boon strip skills. There's actually way too many to list...so you can just reference this wiki page if you're actually curious. Boon - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) Again, the issue is warrior is unable to bring boon strip as a dps. Most dps classes have access to boon strip (except maybe soulbeast maybe?). So why not make a worthless skill like On My Mark worth something and provide some utility?

boon corrupt will never be a thing for warrior

Dunno how you know this... But if it doesn't fit in with the warrior meme, fair enough. So, boon strip, then.

1200 range instant cast boon strip with vulnerability on top could be a bit too strong

Okay, so make it 600 range like every other shout and then apply 5 stacks of vuln. and 6s of revealed, and just have it strip one boon. Because On My Mark as it is now is worthless because it's not worth slotting. I hardly see this being "too strong" compared to stuff like Corrupt Boon (1200 range, corrupts 3 boons, 2 ammo skill) or Banish Enchantments (900 range, aoe, strips 3 boons, applies chill).

I don't think OMM is the place for boon rips. I think Dan is right in how that needs to function.

I think Spellbreaker itself needs it's boon rip from dispelling force tripled, and I think those boons need to be granted to allies in the area. To be clear I think this function should work with all boon rips that the Spellbreaker would use.

As for baking in boon removal somewhere, that could be added to burst attacks via a trait, where you rip on boon per tier of adrenaline per target. This could go into Defense or Arms on a GM trait that is currently regarded as useless.

• Like 2

I really like the AoE idea. 

It's the weakest shout atm, an AoE reveal even if was just 3 targets and 600 range would vastly improve the skill.

As it is it only prevents stealth doesn't actually reveal anything since you can't target stealthed players.

On the other hand and even if they are needed for BsW viability, shouts are way to spammy to be healthy.

I'd suggest at least a 0.5/1 sec global cd to shouts. As it is you can just press the 3 shouts at the same time for a massive insta cast, no tell heal.

I'd rather have Spellbreaker's damage be buffed and have it massively improved boon rip, than boon rip being put on a shout.

But there are two problems with either option: They don't like Warrior and they don't like their beloved boon vomit to be hurt. That's why I can't see them ever improving Warrior in this direction (or any direction at all).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

Contrary to others here, I kinda like it not being aoe, since it can really kitten up thieves, Mesmer, etc. by using it as they are casting a skill for stealth. Granted I’m a sucker for skills that require perfect timing, and less of a fan of aoe spam, and I fully understand this is weird/not a normal opinion. 

With that said, OMM is weak. I don’t see why stacking it couldn’t make it functional without being OP. I also don’t see how a, say, 2 boon corrupt wouldn’t fit on the skill. It just increases it’s possible use cases but is still predicated on proper targeting, rewards timing, etc.