WvW Restructuring Beta - Wrong Matchmaking

4 hours ago, Krappa.5862 said:

Pre-selected alliances : Reaper's Corridor

Selected alliances : Thornwatch

After the reset , i'm still in Reaper's corridor

If I remember correctly, the alliance you select gets locked a week prior to the beta week. Selecting something different within the days before the beta doesn't do anything.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Pre-selected Guild: The mighty Quaggans {Mq}

Guild Team: Thornwatch

Matchmade Team: Dragon's Claw

I have selected the team the 1st day update came out and still got the wrong team. Friend even checked if I have done it correctly, and everything was fine. Now we're on the opposite teams. I have only two guilds and the matchmaking nicely placed me in a wrong one, what RNG. 

• Sad 1

I got seperated from my bf. Both preselected the same guild earlier this week before the deadline. I ended up in the right world assigned to the guild, they did not.  Our Guild is just us two so I have no idea how the matchmaker decided to split us up.

Preselected Guild : Burrliament [Burr]

My assigned world : Stonefall

His assigned world: Phoenix Dawn

Edited by Shinjiko.1352
mistype of world name
  • Sad 3

Same Issue here .. Preselected  a guild and endup in the wrong world, im very sad about this i was so excited to play with my guilds\ friends ... was waiting for this event long, its so frustrating.. 

Guild Team: Phoenix Dawn

Match Assigned
Dragon's Claw

• Sad 1

I feel it's necessary to elaborate here that I specifically used the word 'pre-selected guild', which means that the guild was selected before the lock. I'm not sure how some people are not understanding that, given that I didn't use the word 'selected' but 'pre-selected'. The Merriam-Webster definition of pre-selected is:

"to choose in advance usually on the basis of a particular criterion"

In case that was unclear to anyone...

Despite all of the wrongly matched guilds in the current beta I also may add that the population ratio seems very off. Personally I am on Fortune's Vale and while we really try keep up with the enemy team (Grenth's Door in this case) we really can't.

They outnumber us on every map at any given time of day. Out of 20 skirmishes they made 16x the 1st place and so far accumulated 40k ppt-points more than the 2nd place sheer by the vast majority of players they have.

I really don't know how the matchmaking and such works but I really hope that that's not  what Anet is trying to achieve. :/

For players who pre-selected a guild before the deadline using the "World Restructuring -BETA" tab in the WvW Panel:

I'm curious about a few things.

Did you play in WvW recently prior to the beta?  How long ago?
Were you on the same server as your guild mates before the beta or on separate servers?  Which servers?

• 1 year later...

Pre Selected Guild: The Guildless Ones [GONE]

Pending Guild Team:  The Guildless Ones [GONE]

Matchmade Team: Skrittsburgh

I should be in Stone fall not Skrittsburgh

Edited by Arch.9684