Can we have burn on Arcing Arrow in competitive too?

Lonecap.4105

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And the rest of those PvE only updates while we are at it?

Hope is so low that they won’t even give us one burn stack on this one longbow skill in other modes. 

Watch in disbelief (except more like learned disappointment) as we are denied even this tiniest of breadcrumbs.

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And then there is Smoldering Arrow Dazing in PvE only >.<

I dunno, I don't think it's particularly likely they give a weapon 3 charges of a daze and blind in PvP in a tiny patch like that. It probably wouldn't be overpowered, especially in a post-EoD world where everyone has absurd condi cleanse and seemingly permanent proj denial/reflect, but it's still a pretty far out there change compared to what PvP typically gets in these kinds of balance patches.

The Arcing Arrow change though has far less potential ramifications. It's just a small extra bit of damage on condi builds (technically power too, but it's insignificant there) which aren't gonna get out of control any time soon.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

I dunno, I don't think it's particularly likely they give a weapon 3 charges of a daze and blind in PvP in a tiny patch like that. It probably wouldn't be overpowered, especially in a post-EoD world where everyone has absurd condi cleanse and seemingly permanent proj denial/reflect, but it's still a pretty far out there change compared to what PvP typically gets in these kinds of balance patches.

The Arcing Arrow change though has far less potential ramifications. It's just a small extra bit of damage on condi builds (technically power too, but it's insignificant there) which aren't gonna get out of control any time soon.

Yeah, that's a good take.

They could make smoldering arrow a 1/4s daze in competitive; it would still have value as a fast interrupt (with 3 chargers) and could have some synergy with SpB's No Escape.

Alternatively, they could keep the 1s daze and reduce the number of charges and/or lengthen the CD for each charge. 

11 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Yeah, that's a good take.

They could make smoldering arrow a 1/4s daze in competitive; it would still have value as a fast interrupt (with 3 chargers) and could have some synergy with SpB's No Escape.

Alternatively, they could keep the 1s daze and reduce the number of charges and/or lengthen the CD for each charge. 

This. It would have lots of value as a 1/4s daze on a short CD. You could run the current Body Blow with it and get some more bleed into the kit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

The changes aren't until next week. But it's calculated to be a few thousand damage per second extra. 

I heard someone say that condi zerker got minor buff but this sounds like it could be quite a considerable buff for condi zerker.

22 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I heard someone say that condi zerker got minor buff but this sounds like it could be quite a considerable buff for condi zerker.

The buff is the extra burn, power damage coefficient increases, and the increase from 10 to 15 condition damage on Furious.

It runs Vipers, so the power coefficient increases help it out as well, and the buff to Furious is an extra 125 condition damage.

Ya unfortunately, they missed the mark with power serker. It's still getting buffed, but not by enough to be competitive, condi zerker will be though. 

Now warrior should have a few builds available:
1) Power Gunblade

2) Condi Zerker

3) Quickness Core or Spellbreaker

4) Power Spellbreak? (This one I'm not sure on, likely not strong enough still)

So warrior will actually have some diversity back, so it's definitely not a bad patch. I just wish the zerker damage buff was more than 5-7%. I'd have been happy with 10-15% damage increase on power zerker. I much prefer it over gunblade. That build doesn't feel as fun to play. 

They also need to bring back zerker f1. To make it more flexible again.