Can we please get a grenade launcher for grenade kit instead of a sack of potatoes?

Ishmael.3642

All the kits are ugly, What we need is a cosmetic addition to change them.
I would happily pay for new looks to certain skill/kits/pets.

I flamethrower that shoot blue flames, or a Jade green version, maybe and old school Asura Golem to replace the Jade Mech.
The biggest thing that prevents me playing Engineer is the horrible look to all the kits.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2022 at 2:30 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Why do people keep asking for a rocket launcher instead of bombkit when we already have a mortar kit??

Because there's a distinct difference between lobbing artillery shells at an enemy vs shooting rockets at them.

There's also a massive QoL difference between being able to tab target something vs having to constantly click the ground under them or predicting their pathing.

We also get access to plenty of amazing Rocket launcher environmental weapons, and an underwhelming racial elite, yet the one class that could have one by default doesn't.

Finally, it's a kitten Rocket Launcher. Why wouldn't you want a Rocket Launcher?

Edited by Atmaweapon.7345

On 8/22/2022 at 11:33 PM, Ishmael.3642 said:

Then it wouldn't be a bomb kit

Yep. It will be a Rocket Launcher Kit. Which is much better. Most of our kits and weapons are melee focused or ground-target.

Rocket Launcher Kit should be a target-based weapon like Longbow, but with some splash damage (something close to Revenant's Hammer or Mesmer's Greatsword).
It should be power-based to be a good ranged option for Scrapper or Holo to use with their spec-weapons.

The grenade kit is one of the better looking kits, imo. The mortar kit is the worst, like a iron toilet on a stick. It should look like the dwarven rocket launcher from icebrood saga. Bomb kit does look like the container for steamed dumplings or something, pretty comical and low tech compared to mechanist, but I don't like the jade mech. There's a priority list, and grenades aren't at the top for me.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Matoro.9708 said:

The grenade kit is one of the better looking kits, imo. The mortar kit is the worst, like a iron toilet on a stick. It should look like the dwarven rocket launcher from icebrood saga. Bomb kit does look like the container for steamed dumplings or something, pretty comical and low tech compared to mechanist, but I don't like the jade mech. There's a priority list, and grenades aren't at the top for me.

AHHAHA Iron toilet on a stick is so accurate.
Again a simple cosmetic slot cant be hard to code since we have it for most other things we can equip/mount.

I mean how much I would love a full set of Jade kits(and pay).

• Like 1

I like better visuals, but I don't hate the current ones.

I would highly dislike a rocket launcher kit replacing bomb kit. bomb-kit is one of the few non-projectile dmg options.

Rather than that, replace mortar with rocket launcher.

But remember there is also the rocket F-skill of rocket turret, which gives you a taste how anet visualizes how a rocket should fly. Keeping that in mind, I don't really need a rocket launcher as well. ^^

• Like 1