Full Servers not getting the chance to profit from Steam launch

Trigarta.3841

you realize the new player (the really new ones) will fall into account anyways not before 1-2 months roughly, as full newbies won't likely straight find their way into Wvw

till then populations may even change. and yee idk, if ur server is accounted as full, it's afaik also bc you guys are above normal in terms of activity levels. at least i think that's been said to make a server full in the past.

and, every new account has the free transfer, if they'd ever wish to get somewhere else.

like idk, i see new faces sorta in Wvw every single day lol.

6 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

TC has a lot of  NA WvW players, don't whine.  They just didn't want any SEA/OCX players to ppt so they can maintain a low enough tier to farm on. 

They struggling to farm BG evidently….  And Dragonbrand.  

KDR:

TC:     .8

DB:     .9

BG:    1.4

It would seem even when TC is doing something they do well, they fail at it…  🤷

12 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

They struggling to farm BG evidently….  And Dragonbrand.  

KDR:

TC:     .8

DB:     .9

BG:    1.4

It would seem even when TC is doing something they do well, they fail at it…  🤷

I said they have lots of NA players, didn't say there's lots of Good NA players. 😄 lol, infact don't get me started. I am very happy now since I left that bullying of a server. 

By the way .8 kdr is good for TC,  before when I was there, we have  average .4

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Haha 2

On 8/24/2022 at 1:41 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

I suppose it all depends on which full server your guild is on.  If it's a server that just recently became full, I suppose I can sympathize. But if it's a guild that's been on Mag or BG, servers that have been full for YEARS, it's hard to feel any sympathy at all.  Those guilds CHOSE to play on stacked servers, and if they didn't choose this, they've had ample time to save up gold/gems to move to another server.  It's not as though this STEAM release was just announced yesterday. I'm really not going to feel sorry for the players who want it both ways; they want to play on the stacked servers rolling over their opponents week after week, but also want the ability to recruit new players?? LOL!!

As the saying goes, "You reap what you sow".

BG being the special case where it has shed guilds over the years and still remains full.

As I wrote, there's costs associated with transferring off a Full server that IMHO go beyond the guild.  For example, if that guild runs public tags, then players come to this forum to complain about the lack of commander tags or how they're now outnumbered in some main timezone.  Guilds are a strong organizing force on a server and when a server loses them, now it's a server full of unorganized pugs.  But somehow it can still remain Full for a long time because these unorganized players never leave themselves.  There's zero incentive for them to move.  It's usually the organizing force on a server that gets forced to move which is disastrous to trying to make WvW competitive because it's a game mode that requires teamwork.

More immediately, guilds that move risk losing some players who don't want to move (for various reasons such as belonging to multiple guilds on a particular server) so instead of needing to recruit maybe 5 more players, they have to recruit 10.  And then there's the risk that your move ends up being to a bandwagon server that goes Full too because there's no transparency in population movements.  Now you get blamed for being simple bandwagoners.  It's a bad system and not everyone wants to PAY GEMS to contribute to exacerbating the problems caused by it.

World Restructuring removes a lot of the risk associated with changing servers.  It also makes players who are in multiple guilds feel more free to periodically play with their multiple guilds as teams aren't locked for years on end.

I can almost guarantee you 100% that this thread wasn't made with guilds in mind  and is a good example of the problems caused by the system that I detail above.  You suggest that it's the guilds who "reap what they sow."  Instead OP should look to transfer himself instead of complaining about why "for some weird reason" the server is marked Full.  We all know the reason.  Unorganized pugs, who can outnumber a guild roster, have zero incentive to move themselves and keep their servers Full.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

as someone tht came new through the steam launch i totally agree that it sucks not being able to play with friends on full servers, so yea reopening drakkar lake and any other full servers might not be a bad idea because so far i've barely played because i wanna play on a server with friends not by my lonesome ^^"

On 11/5/2022 at 7:44 PM, pinoei.9638 said:

as someone tht came new through the steam launch i totally agree that it sucks not being able to play with friends on full servers, so yea reopening drakkar lake and any other full servers might not be a bad idea because so far i've barely played because i wanna play on a server with friends not by my lonesome ^^"

Not gonna happen, but it should: Gandara has been open for 2 weeks in 2+ years and one of those 2 weeks was a mistake on Anet's end and almost certainly not intended as they fiddled with population limits and all servers' population got downgraded.