No 10th Anniversary Supply Drop?

10 minutes ago, Silvia.9130 said:

I wondered the same… last year one it was released on the 17th of August, so I'm pretty sure it's not because of the "a lot happening today"… unless they want to wait for the new players from steam to be able to buy it too…

I really need to know, because some mount will expire in 4 days wtf.

I do not understand why they just not announce in twitter or blog.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've been saving a bit more gems than the previous years for a while just for this if being the 10th anniv they released an even bigger pack since it'd be special. I'd like to know too if they have any plans in case I could spend those gems on a good regular sale rather than keep waiting for the last day if they decide to sell one.

Surprises are fine, no need to tell the content, but at least hinting that there will be one for this event like during EoD release too would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of hurrah that generally comes with the Anniversaries in game, has definitely been felt and is noticed. I'm another who looks forward to the Supply Drops! Are the Anniversary Supply Drops cancelled? Getting even just a "Yes" or "No" would suffice at this point, please! 😿😾

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaqles.4085 said:

Are the Anniversary Supply Drops cancelled? Getting even just a "Yes" or "No" would suffice at this point, please!

For those curious about this, it's confirmed we're not getting one this year. They may do them again in the future, but for whatever reason, the 10th anniversary was kind of a nothing event apart from the decade armor despite the 'wide range of sales' that were being advertised for it.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

On 9/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

For those curious about this, it's confirmed we're not getting one this year. They may do them again in the future, but for whatever reason, the 10th anniversary was kind of a nothing event apart from the decade armor despite the 'wide range of sales' that were being advertised for it.

@AgentMoore.9453 - Thank you SO MUCH FOR THIS! Leave it to Arena Net to NOT give players an up front announcement about it, instead of ONE OBSCURE REPLY on Facebook of all places. I wish they would stick to official replies to that stuff on their platform, rather than us having to chase them down on social media, just to TRY and attempt to ASK them about something, let alone getting an actual official reply. 🤦‍♀️

They really do need new folks working on PR, Marketing, et. all. 😞 The EoD one was lackluster, to be polite. If they chose to base their findings on the sales of that item, then it would definitely have made it look like the player base didn't want supply drops anymore. It's not that we didn't want them, just the EoD one didn't live up to the Anniversary Supply Drops!

Thanks once more, @AgentMoore.9453
 - it's very much appreciated! 💜

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's so strange. How many games get to celebrate TEN YEARS of active players? I mean literally a handful in the entire world. This is a HUGE I mean HUGE milestone. Yeah there were a few free goodies and the armor that was reused for the account birthday... but I mean this should've been a month long massive celebration...

• Like 6
  • Confused 1