Adventure Guide: Completing Story Chapters IV can't be completed on existing characters [Merged]

The achievements Completing Story Chapters I, II, and III in the Adventure Guide autocomplete if you're on a character that has already done them. Compelting Story Chapters IV doesn't autocomplete, so it's impossible to complete on characters that have already done it. It's a character-specific achievement, too, so it blocks progress.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Adventure Guide: Completing Story Chapters IV can't be completed on existing characters [Merged]

This is an annoying bug. My husband has this done automatically on the beginning and I was one of all who have problem with this. But I don't see any good information that arena will "repair" this for us. They prefer have more new player then take good care of old one in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Have experienced this bug myself as well.

I play 4 toons: Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer, Thief.

The Guardian, Warrior, and Thief all got their Adventure Guide: Completing Story Chapters IV done just fine.

The Necromancer did not.

All toons completed the basic story years ago.

I understand that being a rather erratic glitch makes it difficult to debug, but please fix it. 😔

Same issue here.

The interesting thing about this: on my main/first character, who had the core story finished years ago (and generally is up-to-date with the story), the achievement dinged automatically just fine.

Same on a twink, who is also well past the core story (has also completed HoT and some LS stories). Worked like a charm.

On another twink, though, who has core, HoT and LS2 finished, and LS3 is the active story, the achievement did not auomatically complete...

Maybe the currently active story chapter as well as the combination of LS chapters you have completed has some effect on whether or not this achievement gets stuck...? Just throwing random guesses out there at this point.

I'll try completing other story chapters on the affected character now to see whether or not making the achievement ding by doing some other chapters is possible. But I highly doubt.

Edited by Rayti.6531

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 10:03 AM, Rayti.6531 said:

Same issue here.

The interesting thing about this: on my main/first character, who had the core story finished years ago (and generally is up-to-date with the story), the achievement dinged automatically just fine.

Same on a twink, who is also well past the core story (has also completed HoT and some LS stories). Worked like a charm.

On another twink, though, who has core, HoT and LS2 finished, and LS3 is the active story, the achievement did not auomatically complete...

Maybe the currently active story chapter as well as the combination of LS chapters you have completed has some effect on whether or not this achievement gets stuck...? Just throwing random guesses out there at this point.

I'll try completing other story chapters on the affected character now to see whether or not making the achievement ding by doing some other chapters is possible. But I highly doubt.

I have this issue but on my main character who again completed the story well over 9 years ago this character has every bit of story done as its the character I always run though the story first so vanilla, HoT, PoF, EoD and all the LS stuff done and dusted.

Cant comment yet on if its affecting other characters as ive not bothered progressing this on the alts yet.

This issue is not fixed! 
Here is a thing why this happens for me: bug exists on the character that has done story during the time, when story chapter 7 was broken. If you still has this bug, go and check the description of events that happen during the story step. If the description is very short, then it means it is not full, and it was done during those dark times of broken story. So the game moved you to the next chapter, so you could have a core story experience and play it, but in reality you mostly skipped chapter 7 and this new achievement system "knows" it. 

Are devs plan to fix it any time? I hoped that with steam release old story will be totally reworked, become replayable, maybe with some achievements, maybe even Zhaitan on the ground final battle and even strike... But no, sadly. But now I can't even get achievement because I have "done" story during those "dark" broken story times...

Thanks @Dumat.1479 for that great insight.  I ended up finding out the same as you, that the GMs can't do anything about it and it must be solved by the devs.  I submitted an in-game ticket, a few weeks ago, but so far nothing.

You're insight caused me to look at Chapter 7 for each of my 9 characters that have completed it.

1. Six of the nine characters completed what looks to be the original storyline as there are six entries in their story journal (i.e. Forging the Pact > Tower Down > Munition Acquisition > Breaking the Bone Ship > The Battle of Fort Trinity > A Sad Duty).
  2. Two of the nine characters completed only two steps as they only have Forging the Pact and The Battle of Fort Trinity in their story journal.
  3. One of the nine characters completed three steps as they have Forging the Pact, The Battle of Fort Trinity, and A Sad Duty in their story journal.

Interestingly enough, the only two characters that I attempted to complete the Completing Story Chapters IV on was one from number 2 and one from number 3 above.  Prior to the patch on 09/13, neither had received credit.  After the patch on 09/13, the one that did A Sad Duty (number 3 above) received credit upon logging in to the character whereas the one that did not complete it (number 2 above) did not receive credit.  This leads me to believe like Dumat that there is an issue tied with when a character did the storyline and if it was broken at the time.

For those that did get credit after the patch, @Rayti.6531 and @Messenger.7450, could you let us know what category (1, 2, or 3 above) the characters that received credit after the patch would fall in or if there is a 4th category?  I'm curious if like my character, your characters completed the step 'A Sad Duty' or 'Delivering Justice' or 'Liberating Apatia' which is the story step just after 'The Battle of Fort Trinity' in the original, unbroken storyline.

Edited by Melok.2173
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...