Decade of the Dragons achievement

Alik.9651

On 9/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

11 pages complaining about PvP.

Here's my experience in unranked.

4 wins; 3 of which were close game, one was a stomp.
6 losses; 4 of which were close games; 1 was a stomp, 1  was where a person afk'd.

Salt acquired: 0 (Unless you count the afk person as salt, then it's just 1)

All in all, it's not nearly as bad as everyone thinks it will be, especially now since people are going for the cape so t here will definitely be people worse than you queued for pvp.

I wish I had this luck. 3 wins (1 close, and that game was actually the worst for toxicity), 7 losses (none close). Pretty much had me convinced PvP was a dumpster fire and not worth my time.

The one thing I did learn from this thread, though, is that unranked was paradoxically a mistake and I should have picked ranked instead. (Edit: Never mind, I can't, I'm not rank 20 yet. So... yeah.)

Edited by Sirius.4510
  • Confused 3

• 1 year later...

For those upset that many players will never enter that required pvp or wvw content again,  so you understand. A few years ago, during their endless serch for a wvw that people would play, they made massive changes to the game which destroyed everyones past progress. Namely all the effort to aquire the items needed for the Gift of Battle. The problem is that they never announced it in any way, not even in the patch notes, so we had not bought those gifts of battle yet, we waited until we had the other needed resources for a legendary. Yeah, many of us were very upset and they knew they made the mistake but never fixed it. If they had, I would have 8 more Gifts of Battle and legendaries and playing that content. So, go ahead and enjoy that content, but dont be surprised if you loose your progress, to their never ending changes and understand why some of us will never do that content again, ever.

• Confused 6

52 minutes ago, Tumult.2578 said:

For those upset that many players will never enter that required pvp or wvw content again,  so you understand. A few years ago, during their endless serch for a wvw that people would play, they made massive changes to the game which destroyed everyones past progress. Namely all the effort to aquire the items needed for the Gift of Battle. The problem is that they never announced it in any way, not even in the patch notes, so we had not bought those gifts of battle yet, we waited until we had the other needed resources for a legendary. Yeah, many of us were very upset and they knew they made the mistake but never fixed it. If they had, I would have 8 more Gifts of Battle and legendaries and playing that content. So, go ahead and enjoy that content, but dont be surprised if you loose your progress, to their never ending changes and understand why some of us will never do that content again, ever.

What progress was lost?

The only change I remember they did to gift of battle was make it a battle track end reward instead of being sold for 500 badges of honor.

And why they did that is because people got 100 each 500 ap so they did not need to even step foot into wvw.

• Like 1