Decade of the Dragons achievement

Alik.9651

So, the achievement need to do 20 sub-achievement out of 20

that's means I am forced to do PvP (which I am not good at and not like to) if I want that cape.

Hey Anet, do you really think it is a good idea to ruining other 9 player's game for PvP newbie like me to just want to get the cape?

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 4

I think it will thin out over time in unranked. IIRC it is complete, not win a match. So even if you are bad in PvP and lose 10 times, the only thing that will be hurt is your ego and you still complete the achievement.
(Same applies for WvW; getting 10 events there is super easy too, should you do the things the "GoB-hunters" do for years now)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Not a big deal. But I already wondered when someone would make a thread about this. Be happy that they are not enforcing content like strikes/raids or a dungeon path that is harder for newbies. (Turtle mount needs a strike and the recent season 1 achievements for chapter 3 required a dungeon path I think.)

Here you can just queue randomly and the matchmaker will (try to) balance it. If you lose a few times - especially at the first matches - it will lower the rating big ... should match you with other newbies then.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Alik.9651 said:

that's means I am forced to do PvP (which I am not good at and not like to) if I want that cape.

Hey Anet, do you really think it is a good idea to ruining other 9 player's game for PvP newbie like me to just want to get the cape?

Don't worry. Just play unranked. After playing those 10 PvP matches myself I can assure you that most of the others also are newbies and after 5-8 matches you maybe become even better than the other newbies. 😉

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Not a big deal. But I already wondered when someone would make a thread about this. Be happy that they are not enforcing content like strikes/raids or a dungeon path that is harder for newbies. (Turtle mount needs a strike and the recent season 1 achievements for chapter 3 required a dungeon path I think.)

Here you can just queue randomly and the matchmaker will (try to) balance it. If you lose a few times - especially at the first matches - it will lower the rating big ... should match you with other newbies then.

Yeah strike. One strike. Singular. A dungeon path. One dungeon path.

Not "10 full games of something you have less than zero interest in".

Old School Runescape did this frequently. Content updates to force people into the Wilderness to help out the small PvP playerbase of that dead region of their map. Player counts dropped. They were met with backlash.

The only thing this is going to do is breed animosity.

• Like 7
  • Confused 9

The 10 pvp matches can happen much faster then the "a" strike or "one" dungeon path. Depending on how many tries you might need there + for later new players when this is not played a lot anymore this is basically "locked" if only the experienced players do it while looking for other experienced players.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I quit PvP several years ago and am not thrilled, either, about having to go back. But hey, we'll live. 🤕

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Could be worse… could require ten wins each on three professions. 😄

Don't give me nightmares! 😅

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I quit PvP several years ago and am not thrilled, either, about having to go back. But hey, we'll live. 🤕

Don't give me nightmares! 😅

Just finished that portion of The Ascension recently, so it's fresh. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Why anet feels the need to push people into game modes they already hate is beyond me.... It pisses off the people who play this mode having to deal with folks who dont.    Literally just had a "vet pvper" stand there doing nothing because we didnt play the way THEY wanted us to.    Having to do these 10 matches is literally making me turn my game off cause I cant stand pvp.  The gentle nudges just reinforce how much I hate this aspect of the game 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

I too wasn't happy to see the PvP achievement in there. Managed to avoid PvP for all these years, but that cape looks just so fine! As @Ashen.2907 mentioned.. I decided to hop in immediately so I could get it over with. You might surprise yourself and notice you're actually hanging in there and win a match. If you made it to the expansions, don't think you can't put up a good fight in PvP! 

I went for unranked and came across more players who were there for the achievement. Some matches we did great, others we lost and sometimes yeah.. you get blown to bits by a mech 😭 But all in all.. it wasn't that bad and before I knew it.. 10 matches were done, I was still breathing and nobody was toxic. So, hang in there. I'm sure you'll get the achievement done 🏆

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

Some part of me was wondering if the Proofs of Legend objectives would be repeatable. So, you know, people from WvW or PvP could earn it their way and people from PvE could earn it their way. As usual, ideas of thoughtful design for a video game (not just this one) is me being naive. The state of this industry is just.... sigh. Dominated by people who think of design as a rulebook you dictate from on high to be listened to and obeyed, rather than a means of facilitating creativity and enjoyment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

8 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Some part of me was wondering if the Proofs of Legend objectives would be repeatable. So, you know, people from WvW or PvP could earn it their way and people from PvE could earn it their way. As usual, ideas of thoughtful design for a video game (not just this one) is me being naive. The state of this industry is just.... sigh. Dominated by people who think of design as a rulebook you dictate from on high to be listened to and obeyed, rather than a means of facilitating creativity and enjoyment.

I don't see anything wrong with these achievements. Claiming that the design isn't somehow thoughtful because you have to participate in something for an armor skin is just weird. Stop constantly pushing for these handouts for anything you want while replaying any limited part of the game. There's not even anything demanding in these achievements. Pure "just show up and here's your skin, cheers". The entitlement of some players consistently blows my mind.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see anything wrong with these achievements. Claiming that the design isn't somehow thoughtful because you have to participate in something for an armor skin is just weird. Stop constantly pushing for these handouts for anything you want while replaying any limited part of the game. There's not even anything demanding in these achievements. Pure "just show up and here's your skin, cheers". The entitlement of some players consistently blows my mind.

Straw man

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 12

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Some part of me was wondering if the Proofs of Legend objectives would be repeatable. So, you know, people from WvW or PvP could earn it their way and people from PvE could earn it their way.

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Straw man

Not really, but thanks for participating. Similarly all Labjax -or anyone else- has to do is participate in game's content to complete the achievements for the rewards. Somehow it's still too much.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 13

10 hours ago, Alik.9651 said:

So, the achievement need to do 20 sub-achievement out of 20

Shame they didn't include Dungeons, Strike Missions, and Fractals as a way for PvE only players to earn the Cape.

Edited by Grishnaakh.2143
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

47 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I don't know who complains the most, people that only play solo or people that only play WvW.

Complaining about complaining beats any other category by a mile. It is a standard part of every major video game forum I've been on and wins easily for quantity because it happens the same no matter the subject matter of the player complaint.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

Because I want that cape, I just did my first match in PvP.  So that's one down already, and I even got a few kills in.  If this armor set brings more people to try it out and see if it's something they want to stick with, that seems like a good thing to me.

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Like 11
  • Confused 4